LHD to RHD conversion | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LHD to RHD conversion

Discussion in '348/355' started by Haydar, Jun 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Get a front cut then you have everything you need and require. Then it's just your time. Good on you and good luck.

2. angelo puglisi

Mar 27, 2006
    I have done a l/h/d to r/h/d conversion if you are really keen I can help you. It is not easy but it can be done I have a few parts also.

Beetle likes this.
  3. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What about buying a RHD 348 in the UK, and getting someone in the UK to strip it down to a body-shell? I’m sure there are plenty of companies that’ll do this, or maybe even just sell you a shell?

Then just import the shell as “spare parts”.

Just a thought?

4. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    It cant be registered it is being imported as a parts shell!. All you are doing is defeating the point of buying a front cut!!

5. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Great idea - If he has a spare £46K ($57.5K) to spend on a car just to strip down for the body-shell!

The prices of 348's (and pretty much all the modern classic Ferrari's), are slipping back down again, but it's happening very slowly, and owners aren't going to give their cars away for a bargain price!

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #33 Wade, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Beetle likes this.
  7. spaghetti_jet

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Did you read the OP? & who said anything about a “bargain price”?

By the time he’s bought all the parts and fabricated the rest, buying an old RHD might work out to be the most economic & expedient way of approaching this exercise. But thanks for quoting autotrader. Very insightful.

8. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Can't see how the cost of buying a RHD car in the UK (Where RHD 348 prices, whilst starting to come down, are still pretty high ), just for some RHD parts, paying someone in the UK to remove the parts and ship them,and then paying the import tax/duties on the parts, would be cheaper than just buying RHD parts and importing them (assuming you can find all the required parts - Europspares normally have a good supply of 348 parts: https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/348-1993-tb-ts/ )

But I'm sure you know better than me - I'm out!

9. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    It's just difference of opinion Phil. I don't worry about other people's comments on here to much anymore mate. We all have them you just gotta put your filter on for some of the ones you think are negative to your own opinions. Unfortunately with all forums there are a heap of keyboard warrior's that really have no idea they just like stirring the pot so to speak. And with my comments on this subject by no means am I pointing the finger at anyone in particular.

10. spaghetti_jet

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I don’t pretend to know better than you, I try to be pretty humble actually.

I also aim to read and comprehend the OP before posting (or getting het-up, for that matter).

Beetle likes this.
  11. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    might be easier to find a RHD car, drive yours to a border and swap Vin tags!

Beetle likes this.