For Sale - 1998 355F1 Berlinetta | FerrariChat

For Sale 1998 355F1 Berlinetta

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by tres55, Jun 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I purchased this car in 2015 from a dealership in California that had it on consignment from what was essentially its original owner. The previous owner had owned and maintained the car with no expenses spared throughout his ownership and the car comes with all of the records to prove it. This car spent its entire life in California before I had it imported.

I had the engine out major service done in April of 2017 and have put very little miles on it since. This car is NOT a garage queen or in show car condition. It is a great example of an F355 that is all there and runs and drives, but a little rough around the edges.

Details:

- Rosso Corsa on Tan Interior. Original Paint.
    - 70,810 miles
    - Major Service done April 2017. Very little mileage since.
    - Tubi Exhaust
    - Fabspeed Bypass Pipes
    - 360 F1 pump upgrade
    - Challenge grill upgrade
    - Brembo upgraded brakes on front
    - Original Books, Tool kit, Tire repair kit included.
    - All original keys present (2 black fobs, 1 red fob, 2 keys)

Cons:
    - Front bumper has quite a bit of rock chips. Looks fine from 10 feet.
    - Sticky interior bits only partially addressed. Window switches, steering column and vents need attention.
    - F1 system needs attention.

The F1 system on this car will need attention at some point. As it is, the car runs and drives but I believe the power head does not hold pressure which in turn causes the pump to prime more often than it needs to. My intention was to fix this myself but since I originally bought the car in 2015, I have started a family with 2 young children that leaves little to no free time to wrench.

I've replaced the F1 pump, the F1 pump relay (with the upgraded BMW spec one), F1 accumulator. The F1 actuator was replaced about 10,000 miles ago. I believe the seals on the inside of the power head have deteriorated and it will require a rebuild. If you are technically inclined, you could do this yourself. If not, there is a company in the US that goes by GTE Engineering that can rebuild the system for you for a fraction of the cost of replacement parts. Alternatively, this is a great candidate for a manual swap if you wish to do so.

Asking price: ($50,000 USD) $67,000 CAD

This is by far the cheapest Berlinetta in the continent I believe. Others anywhere near this price have an accident history or are rebuilt cars.

I've presented this honestly so that I'm not wasting any ones time, please do not waste mine. Serious buyers only. No trades.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

TimOKing likes this.
  2. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    No reasonable offer refused.

Perfect candidate for a hot rod or manual swap. I have complete faith in the motor to drive cross country. She fires right up and ran very strong before I put her away. The issue with the F1 system wasn't that big of a deal last year, but I think sitting for almost a year didn't go over well with the solenoid seals (my theory).

crinoid likes this.
  3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Pending sale.

Robb likes this.
  4. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
  5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Only select things. The major was not, but was done at a reputable local shop with experience.

My experience with FMoV was not good so I went to the indie shops when needed.

6. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Sold

Robb likes this.