Ferrari corporate forcing Rob to shut down F-chat... | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Ferrari corporate forcing Rob to shut down F-chat...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Piton, Aug 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Not to go OT, but, actually, I'd kind of like to know what the "bannable" offenses are, too, please. Perhaps there's a code of conduct that we should all be directed to and reminded of? I'm sure there must be something in the terms of registration that I agreed to long, long ago. I ask because some bans seem to be so arbitrary that they're more like censorship of an opinion or just a plain dislike of the person. I can certainly understand bans for offensive posts, but I didn't see anything offensive in Jonas'. I'm sure whoever banned him has their reason(s), but I think it should be public knowledge. We, as a community, learn the limits that way.

Thanks,

CW

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Here are the current rules and a link in there to the Terms of Use that everyone agrees to when registering.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/rules.php

Moderation and even banning is on a scale, many things just start with a friendly reminder and other more severe things warrant an immediate permanent ban. There is also everything in-between. When users start having more offenses after previous moderation then there is less flexibility. Some users are just on our radar from past behavior and if you isolate our last action against them it might seem too severe. Moderation isn't fun and very difficult sometimes to find out the truth and what is just B.S.. We do the best we can and have learned many things over the years how to handle different situations, many lessons still to be learned though.

3. lowboost

lowboost Rookie

Oct 31, 2007
    This very same thing happened on the Toyota Tundra forums. Toyota saw the name "Tundra" and sent the owner of the forum a letter asking them to shut down, but after contacting a lawyer and asking to present his case about the forums privately with Toyota then they gladly understood and just asked that they do not use any of their marketing material on their site.... which in my mind free advertising is good advertising....

my 2cents

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have confirmed with a 100% reliable source that the responses from Ferrari are real and were not edited by Gustan, Perry, Gene, or anyone else. Everyone is receiving the same "form" response from [email protected]. The response from [email protected] does mention points about aware of FerrariChat.com, sending to legal, and legal is working to shut FerrariChat.com down. My guess is someone there is over their head making those statements and once it goes up the chain a little they will get their hands slapped.

I appreciate all the advice and until further notice we're shutting this thread down. If the community does need to band together, then you will hear from me again. Thanks for making FerrariChat.com a great active community and let the haters and jealous types find their own kind in other communities they can enjoy.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    11 years later. :D

JoeTSI, ursoenzo, Davesvt2000 and 5 others like this.
  6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I knew there was a reason TomD, Bruce, Ed Gault and many others are not here, they heard it shut down. ;-)

rob lay likes this.
  7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I have been here for something like 20 years.

Texas Forever and rob lay like this.
  8. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Me, too!

9. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    winner post of the year

eyeman1234 likes this.
  10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    :D

11. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Your life might have had a lot of different turns if this had happened. Sure glad it didn't !

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    na, if I've learned anything in 20 years it is people and companies talk more than they walk. actually walking takes balls and resources (time & money).

NürScud and DIGMAN52 like this.