GPrix Viewing at F of NE | FerrariChat

GPrix Viewing at F of NE

Discussion in 'New England' started by spivy, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Guys,

Anybody making plans to be at Ferrari of New England for Australian Grand Prix? Anyone want to do morning drive before this event.

Any ideas.

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Spivy,

MANY thanks for the invite. DARN, wish i could but am booked this weekend. Don't get me wrong, you can BET i WILL BE watching the race.

Steven

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    BigHead Dennis has put together an FCA get-together around this as per the FCANE site. i just buzzed him to find out the details of the plan and timing.

http://www.fca-newengland.org/FCA-NER-calendar.html

maybe he'll pipe in here and dump a 60 gallon drum of education on our heads ;)

doody.

4. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Here's email I got from Dennis:

Actually, don't know about this weekend... I'll be in SF for an FCA meeting, so may just cancel. But if enough people are interested, I'll shanghai someone else to run it.... :) Will keep you apprised.

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    FoNE is starting their shindig at 12:30. apparently they'l lhave a tape of the show. i just hope dennis wasn't the guy who was supposed to bring it there!!!

it's listed as "March 7th: Australian Grand Prix Viewing and Boutique Sale" on the FoNE web site.

i have bandwidth in the morning if folks want to congregate. i have to be in marlboro at 15:00, so i won't be able to hang much past 14:00.

doody.

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Sorry! I haven't been promoting this "early season" event because, despite the really good run of weather we've had lately, many people still have their cars in storage. Plus, of course, I'll be in SF (and the dang hotel doesn't have SPEED! Nooooooooooooo.....).

Anyway, enjoy the show. I do hereby dub Lord Doody the official routemaster and drive coordinator for Sunday! With Sir Spivak and Sir Dan as his co-routemasters! :)

Have fun guys. I'm envious.

vty,

--Dennis

7. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Guys,

Any ideas for the route.

Following cars should participate if it is a go:

360 Modena Red/Tan Newton, MA
    512 TR Red/Tan Sharon, MA
    360 Modena Yellow/Black Brookline, MA

8. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    The Williams is just too ugly to win anything, McLaren still can't sort out a car they've being playing with going 2 years now..(what's go'in there..major sandbagging perhaps ??...wouldnt put it past Ron.) and Renault well, they're getting there but not yet this year. With the reliability of the F-car and unless MS breaks a leg or 2, whos gonna beat him ? Ralf has to prove he's worth the mills he wants and get out from MS's shadow... watch out for Ralf.

Following cars should participate if it is a go:

To balance it out a bit ..

360 Modena Red/Tan Newton, MA
    512 TR Red/Tan Sharon, MA
    360 Modena Yellow/Black Brookline, MA
    85 TR Red/black Easton, MA

Kenny K.

9. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Throw a diablo into the mix

Mark

10. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I may be able to make this as well.

-Michael

11. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    well, herre's a suggestion based on the geography that's emerging.

how about we meet up at 10:30 somewhere off of 95, south of 90? there are some big parking lots (sun life and the health insurance company across the street) on 9W. what about off highland ave. exit in needham? or 109 in dedham? i'm less familiar with those exits. or even at the 95/93 interchange.

doody.

EDIT: or how about meeting at the rest area on the southbound side of 95 just south of the mass pike/90 exit? it's either just before or just after the route 16 exit. should be enough parking lot to house us. coffee and bio-facilities. gas. easy to get to. etc. this seems to make a ton of sense. open to other rest area suggestions - i know there's one down by westwood - but it's just a pull-off - no facilities.

12. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    University Ave. exit maybe, mostly corporate parking lots.

13. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    There's a huge empty lot behind the Dedham cinemas at the Rt 1 exit. And I mean huge...

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    gents:

in the interest of getting a firm decision over and done with (so we can move onto other things, like a drive route) let's meet at 10:30 AM ET Sunday March 7 2004 at the Mobil rest area on Route 95/128 South in Wellesley MA.

it's a highway rest area - gas, food, facilities, etc. etc. you really can't miss it. it is located between the 16 and 9 exits on 95. (from north to south, the exits on 95 go 20, 90/pike, 16, 9). if you're coming 95N you can turn around at the next exit, just north of the rest area, Route 16.

if somebody has an allergic reaction to this, speak up now.

once congregated let's head to points westerly and then we can drive leisurely back towards FoNE via the pike.

if anyone knows some good driving routes or various good driving areas due west or west-southwest, chime in.

doody.

15. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    I am OK with this spot.
    Let me know if can be of any help.

16. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Don't think i'll make it but a suggestion. There is nothing quick in that area at all except for the highway but just a mile west on rt. 9 is a real fun curve after you crest the hill. Go down the hill and it curves under the overpass before the red light and fire station. Always have wanted to take that section fast but not real practical is it? Couple nice roads in weston. Nothing fast
    T

17. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Having grown up in that area, I can tell you that there are some wonderful curvy roads but the problem is that for the most part they are all pretty densely populated with houses, making it a bit risky to try to drive them in a truly sporting manner.

However, Rt 16 south from Wellesley Square through South Natick to Sherborn and beyond toward Hopedale can be a lot of fun at the right time of day. Lots of opportunities to split off and loop back up through Framingham or Dover etc.

John

18. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Bad news, Won't be able to make it :(

19. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Good job on the organization Doody - sorry I'll not be able to make it, I'm up in Sunday River with my Sales team and I'm staying up here this weekend for what looks like being a new sport "Ice Sliding". I suspect it will be bad even by NE standards! Oh well may as well enjoy it whilst its still here.

20. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    I'm planning to be there...

21. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Remember to bring your Motorola Talkabout Radios set to 3 X 8 (channel 3, code 8) as commonly used by FCA-NER. I will bring one extra radio from my other sports car...

Kind Regards, Chris

22. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    DOODY!!! I CAN THROW A ROCK INTO THE SUNLIFE LOT FROM MY HOUSE!!! DO IT THERE!!! can i still come if i dont have a ferrari? how bout if i want one realllllly badly?:)