348 Spider door wiring diagram | FerrariChat

348 Spider door wiring diagram

Discussion in '348/355' started by bob348, Jan 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    Hi guys,

For a rebuild of the driver side door connector,
    I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a 348 spider.

I 've found a diagram for 348 tb/ts, but seems not to be identical to the spider one.

If somebody could post or send me a pdf copy of this specific door connector diagram for a 348 SPIDER, it would be very very appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help !

Regards,

2. fdekeu

fdekeu Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2008
    Belzium
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hello BOB,

I have a 348GTB but the wiring is the same as that of the tb/ts versions
    Do you really need the specific diagram?
    There is not a lot of wiring in there

I now Alain by the way
    My friend bought a Lotus there
    regards,

Frank

3. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    The important thing is that the wire colors are exactly the same on both sides of the plugs. If you have a red/green wire under the fender going to the plug on the body, it mates with the same color going into the door. Just match the colors and you can't go wrong.

4. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    It seems that ,according to my friend, the colors are not the same each side of the plug...
    si it's why i want to check using the wiring diagram.

So it would be cool if I could find one !

5. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    #5 pnicholasen, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    if you go on MY348.com you can (hopefully) download the 348 workshop manual. Scroll down to section L for the electrical diagrams. They do it by system, so you'll have one diagram that happens to include the mirrors, and another one that will have door locks and windows, so you can find it all, but it won't all be in one easy diagram. I'll attach a few pictures from that source: In the diagram part 148 is the door connector plug. According to those, it really should be the same wire colors on either side of the plugs. Not sure what happened with your friend's car, but it seems his was an anomally.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    Thanks for these diagrams, but aren't they diagrams for 348 tb/ts ?
    The spider has slighlty different connection I think ???

Could anybody confirm ?

7. Moiluck

Moiluck Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2009
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Moisés
    Hello Geoffrey,

I don't have a wiring diagram for the 348 spider, but if you are trying to rebuild the door connector maybe it help you to figure it out:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355/372387-trying-improve-my-348-home-3.html

And as pnicholasen said, "The important thing is that the wire colors are exactly the same on both sides of the plugs".

It lokks like more difficult than it really is.

Good luck!

8. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    Thanks again to all of you for your help !!!

9. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi,

I appreciate the thread. I am purchasing a ‘94 348 Spider and the seller reports that the driver’s door connector is crunched and his shop is attempting to fix.

Any idea as to what caused the adapter to be in your case to be remade?

I’m chasing some of the same things in this thread as I’d like to get the car completed so I can take delivery. : )

Cheers,

-Mark

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Hi, Mark. You should find some rather extensive threads on connector repair on this forum. Just use the words "door connector". This should give you the tools required, part numbers of plugs, where to find the plugs, etc. There was post last week on the subject.

I assume your shop has a wiring diagram. Note that you may find variations between the wiring diagram and the car in relation to the circular connector near the door hinge. Pin 9 on the diagram may be pin 15 on the car and pin 4 on the diagram may be pin 13.

Here are the two diagrams I have (see plug marked 147):

Windows

Mirrors

cardude442 likes this.
  11. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ma
    Many thanks Ian!

I found this thread here https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/348-door-wiring.70995/#post-135138836 from scraping thru my348.com (awesome resource).

Again, many thanks!

12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I bought new AMP connectors and will rewire the door side with silicone wires and gold connectors this winter. If your having it redone consider silicone wire jacketed wires as they bend easily and wont flex and break the connectors nearly as easy if at all. Good luck with your car!

13. 348steve

348steve Karting

Jul 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen G
    I'm up to the same chore right now on mine .... found one wire in the harness that was out of place from the last technician. :) Will be all correct soon.

I will place the joints inside the door and away from the flexion. The connector will be re-pinned and the wire I am using is highly flexible with the last inch demobilized to keep the failure point from occurring again.

I got the various diagrams from this forum and then compared them to the actual color scheme to determine which one is correct for my 92 TS. Fun stuff!

14. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #14 Ferrarium, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    What wire are you using? I have silicone jacketed copper stranded wire 14 & 18 AWG.
    Check in to Solderseal as well as opposed to cripms. You can get torches and Solderseal from https://www.masterappliance.com/.

Test of butt crimp vs Solderseal

15. 348steve

348steve Karting

Jul 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen G
    High strand count wire for the 18 awg. Local electrical shop supplied. Your silicon version sounds even more "high end". 14 awg is yet to be procured ... there are of course only 5 of those.

Just do a good job on your connections, make sure the joints do not land up in the flexing area (meaning add long enough new leads), and secure that jointed area inside the door and make sure to protect the wire/pin interface with good shrink wrap. I have a buddy helping me who is an electrical wiring pro for industrial automation. That always helps! :)

16. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I got new AMP connectors and will wire in new connectors with silicone jacket wire. It is flexible like wet spaghetti so it wont break in the door jamb.
    Having someone who does electronics for a living is a big plus! Good luck!

348steve likes this.