drilled aluminun pedals | FerrariChat

drilled aluminun pedals

Discussion in '308/328' started by irondogmike, Oct 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    when I bought my 308qv yesterday the owner gave me a box of goodies, in it was a package never opened three aluminun pedals which I've been looking at on line to get, so I looked at my pedals,and took off the rubber pad it looks as though you put the new one on and drill through the hole of the alum. one and attach it with the screw thats given, is that hows it to be installed?

2. rtking

rtking Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob King
    I put those aluminum pedals on my Mondial. Amazing how much of a difference it makes. Don't forget to get the dead pedal also. Helps to finish-off the look IMO.

My bit of advice (that I think was mentioned on the link above):

1. Make sure you have a sharp drill bit
    2. Drill a pilot hole to help drive the larger diameter drill bit
    3. Make sure the cordless drill is fully charged (ignore if you're using a corded drill)
    4. Remove carpet and floormats and use masking tape to tape down plastic or paper. This will catch all th metal shavings that come off the pedals when you drill through it.
    5. Measure twice, drill once. Definitely double check that you're not drilling through the arm of the clutch or brake pedal.

Bob

thorn likes this.
  3. newark_308

newark_308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Newark DE
    Full Name:
    Glenn Frenck
    Is there a template available that already has the hole locations defined? Or is there a bit of naivete on my part that 308 pedals are not all the same or close where this has to be figured out per car?

Sent from my SM-G973U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    i-velocita and newark_308 like this.
  5. newark_308

newark_308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed