mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 102 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Exactly 30 days left. This thread has come a long way. Can’t believe this is happening after all these years. A win for enthusiasts everywhere.

jm2 likes this.
  2. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    About 10 leaks left :D

JV's89, TheMayor and jm2 like this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Agree...I am anticipating the birth of a great American sports car...and please no turbos or GPFs... :)

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    A new era for the Corvette. We can whine it should be better but it's a positive step for America's sportscar.

Ferrari was far from the first to move from front engine to mid engine. And, like Ferrari over time, GM will learn and improve it.

Phil~, italiafan, rdefabri and 2 others like this.
  5. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Poll, who here will be at the review party? 1, 2 maybe 4? Before you blurt out your answer your going to have to provide photographic proof you are there.

6. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    It will be live streamed, are attendees going to get an early look?

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I don't think so. This is a big PR stunt by GM. They want the shock factor.

No dealer people allowed. It's supposed to be Corvette owners only.

8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Actually more than just the reveal as there is a 'Corvette Expo' the following day to see the C8 up close and personal plus other displays to. Along with all that an opportunity to learn more from Corvette team engineers to. Cost price going to a good cause the 'Corvette Museum' and a tax deduction to.
    Probably it will take more than 6k to win the two tickets. 2k was a bargain...

jm2 likes this.
  10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    OK, that explains it!

of2worlds likes this.
  11. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    That's incorrect. There are dealer people invited, just not one particular dealer person who posted 2 exceedingly whiny youtube videos about the slight.

rdefabri and TheMayor like this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    With all that said Chevrolet dealers were given invites for their customers but no dealer was to use those invitations...

13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I'm confused as why anyone is confused what the car will look like. Its pretty apparent and is what it is. The camo skin is just a wrap. Don't see why a couple inches of lip on the side scoop makes it such a secret reveal. Ferrari puts inches thick of rhino skin and hides it until just days before. Not comparing the two as there is no comparison just how a reveal is already revealed.

jm2 likes this.
  14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think there are several factors here.

First the wrap is preventing us from seeing the real proportions of the car. The oversize and relationship to the wheels and wheel arches.
    Next, a car design is in the details, not the silhouette. These so much subtle details and shapes we cannot see yet.
    Then, there's the theory that the side scoops are fake and the real ones will be shown at the reveal.

I think the back looks really big and bulky like a Camaro. My opinion could completely change when the wrap is removed.

Yes, its going to be something like this and for sure it has a pretty silly wing attached to one variation but we don't REALLY know what it looks like yet.

PhilB, thecarreaper and of2worlds like this.
  15. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    This is the most positive comment you've ever made on the C8 Mr. Mayor...Are you possibly being persuaded to the dark side..:D

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I really try to be honest in every post. If that comes across negative, so be it. Its not intentional. Its just how I feel.

I don't try to change the opinions of others. I just call it as I see it. Its too bad some can't take an honest opinion and leave it like that.

rdefabri and boxerman like this.
  17. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Don't worry, he'll be buying one. ;)

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I might. I need to know more.

jm2 likes this.
  19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Consider for a moment that you guys are too close to it since its been going on waaaay too long. Its understandable. I can see every shape, body line and nuance in the car if you go through the thread and just look at the thin film covering it now. If Ferrari did this they'd sue and the reveal ruined and cancelled. There's no secret here - it is what it is.

jm2 likes this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah... and I didn't need to watch Star Wars in 1977 after watching the trailer.

It is what it is

21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Never saw a minute of Star Wars so I'll take your word for it. :)

of2worlds likes this.
  22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    To me the hurrucan is the current me high water mark styling wise, not classically beautiful but original really interesting and well resolved.

The me vette we have high hopes for, and then see something like that batwing spoiler and wonder about what other gaffes there may be. You can design and build a good looking car for the same price as a bad looking one. Gm misses it more than others but the Vette has a good back callog.

One need only look at the Ferrari f90 to see that the Vette has a lot going for it.

In the end though it’s all in the execution, styling and mechanical. I just dont buy the excuse that Vette is bang for the buck. A camaro is bang for the buck. Vetted today are near porche territory price wise, the me car should have great styling really good build and offer many iterations depending on budget and performance desired. I really hope it’s not at all like the acura nsx in terms of technical direction execution weight etc, because that’s a false techno dead end,
    Heavy and pretty useless.

23. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ...and Ferrari's have been mid engine forever... this is a FIRST. So not the same :)