IPE vs Novitec for F12 | FerrariChat

IPE vs Novitec for F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by KarlA69, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hi, keen to hear from those that have heard different exhausts on an F12... IPE gets good reviews but my dealer suggests Novitec. Would probably get the back boxes and x pipe. Don’t want to de cat.

Any thoughts?

2. Timonous

Timonous Rookie

Oct 28, 2017
    Estonia
    Do the de cat. That will do the biggest difference.

3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Really? Isn’t it too much?

4. Timonous

Timonous Rookie

Oct 28, 2017
    Estonia
    It really depends what you are looking for. I had whole system, and it even tingled my spine in full acceleration.

5. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Isn’t that just the F12 anyway??

My neighbours like me... trying not to change that

6. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Aren’t you worried about not passing the annual check?

7. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
  8. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    I had a full de-catted Novitec system on my F12 and the sound was amazing but loud -- though not so much when just cruising on the freeway. I just took it off to bring the car back to stock for resale. I'm selling it but haven't listed it yet. It's had little use.

9. zooyorker

zooyorker Karting

Feb 28, 2010
    Hi Bluesea, I am actually looking for a full system. Could you PM me the details? Thx

10. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Multiple people have told me that changing the mufflers doesn't do much, and that they are pretty free flowing from the factory. Now that said, it's conjecture. I haven't experienced it myself.

What I have done though is change the X-pipe (Capristo) and put in Kline sport cats. I am so very happy. Yes it's louder, but appropriate for the car. It's not obnoxious. When you're cruising, it has a nice hum and pur, but not intrusive in the cabin. However, when you hammer it, and it approaches 6000 rpms, well holy ****! She screams! I am enjoying the car so much more now after doing this mod.

I think doing straight pipes (no cats) would be too much.

Everyone talks about Novitec, and I'm sure it's of good quality, but they are overrated and overpriced IMO.

11. Fast Poke

Fast Poke Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 31, 2019
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    From my past experience once you de-cat, yes it will sound amazing & you would see a better performance gain on a dyno rather than just doing boxes and or X pipe. The one downfall is that your car will smell like exhaust fumes, especially while idling.
    That was ok when I had my Z06. Not so sure I would want my Ferrari to smell like that. An alternative might be not to completely de-cat but rather do high flow cats 200 cell or even 100 cell?
    For that stinking reason alone on my FF I decided to just go boxes & X pipe. Now since I personally haven't had the setup you speak of for your car I cant be positive so maybe someone here can chime in if they went that route.
    All the best... the F12 sounds amazing stock so anything you do will sound amazing!:D

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Novitec has a much more raw and natural sound. The Innotech systems sound very constructed and synthesized. The quality of the Novitec is also far better than IPE. Yet to see a Novitec fail but have seen both fitment issues and cracks in IPE systems. If you want to avoid the fairly steep price ofvthe Novi system, get a Capristo setup. Same high quality and similar style sound. What ever you do, get an X pipe in the system as it will remove just about all the droning. Also consider the Forza controller. It will let you completely override the ECU flap control. This means that you can cold start the car with flaps closed. An F12 with a full decatted system is a loud mother during cold starts. Unlike the Capristo and Novi controller, the Forza offers three modes. Fully open, fully closed and stock ECU control. Fully closed can also be beneficial when humming along on a motorway or duering quiet city driving.
    It simply offers you a lot of options with few downsides.
    Do consider sportscats. A completely decatted F12 is a pretty smelly beast.