FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    After watching F1 qualifying, I'm really looking forward to the race . . . . from Road America tomorrow!

schumacherf2006 and Sharknose like this.
  2. Guegangster

Guegangster Karting

Apr 24, 2014
    France
    Full Name:
    Julien Guegan
    I went for a little drive with by BB. It was way more fun than watching some "sport" cars running circle in a snooze fest...

ATBNM3 and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Canada and before, 10x more posts for this year.

If the viewing figures are anywhere near this bad writing is on the wall.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

True, but the session would be red-flagged and qualifs probably over for Max.

5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So now it is qualifying 6:2 ... yeah obviously Leclerc is much faster

Bas likes this.
  6. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Zzzzz
    YouTube
    A great place to watch real racing....

Jeronimo GTO, Kiwi Nick and Isobel like this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I want the last 1 hour of my life back

Bas likes this.
  8. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Doesn’t matter where anyone qualifies when a win is guaranteed to one team by the sanctioning body. Well done FIA, I’ll never attend another fix/race. All good, more time for gardening this year.

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Absolutely. 2017 was my last year to attend ANY F1 event for any foreseeable future. I’ve been attending F1 events since 8 years of age.

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Maybe VET's car was weighed down by "overwhelming evidence.":rolleyes:

11. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Same here, attended the first Montreal freeze out as a child with Dad and brothers, didn’t know it would become the equivalent of pro wrestling one day.

Jakuzzi, Bas, crinoid and 1 other person like this.
  12. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    20 years ago, race day was edge of your seat appointment television. Turn one was the most exciting event in all of sports. I wold record each race and re watch it a couple times before the next one.

Today, not so much. :(

jgonzalesm6 and Isobel like this.
  13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think it indicates the lack of drama. Even the Bottas mini-surge has leveled out to the point that you can only assume there is a porridge shortage in Finland.

I agree that Seb is broken and it a sad thing to see. I know it all comes with the territory of driving for the premier team in F1 history, but I hate to see a guy with 4 WDC’s lose his composure like that. I was hoping for an epic battle between he and Hamilton this season but Ferrari doesn’t have the car we were led to believe they have and Seb is not the driver to make up for its deficits.

I’ll check out the race, but if anything F1 has become very redundant. There have been seasons like this before (McLaren 1988, Ferrari 2002 & 2004, RBR 20011 & 2013) but Merc’s string of dominant seasons is unprecedented. Last season was the only that they didn’t win at least 12 races, and that will definitely happen this season. Certainly a testament to the Mercedes team and drivers but sports without drama and action is not so great for spectators. It becomes a case of the “bad guys” always winning. (I look at how people celebrated Kevin Durant’s injury en route to the Warriors losing the NBA title...Durant and the Warriors were the bad guys because they won too much).

william, ATBNM3, Robb and 3 others like this.
  14. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    A bit of a snooze fest, yes - regardless of whichever team/driver you follow. But I've found that no matter who dominates in any year, I always find myself peeking to see what is going on, despite best efforts to not do so!

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yeah pro wrestling or pro boxing which is even worse. MotoGP for me. Bye F1. The MotoGP event I attended was such a blast. More fun. Less money. Less BS. No comparison. F1 is W A Y lost.

jgonzalesm6, Isobel and Bas like this.
  16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What gets me is the FIA has always interfered at some point , up to and including paying Ferrari to allow for a rule change so that others had a shot, changing the points and so on. For Red Bull they kept introducing harder and harder ''flex'' tests, taking their toys away and whatnot.

Amazingly, FIA IS doing something now, but instead of making it harder on the ''unbeatables'', they actually spoonfeed them the titles!
    True. I've got some sort of build in F1 alarm clock. I'm never late for a session and if I do miss one, it tends to be just practice. Today I forgot to tune in for qualifying....

17. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I don't think you were alone.

:(

jgonzalesm6, Isobel and Bas like this.
  18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Remember when Schumacher won the WC once after the French GP? Back then, the points were a lot different. Now, one can say Ferrari still hav a chance. But please, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

19. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nailed it

crinoid and Bas like this.
  20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I was invited to a poolside F1 viewing party with a bunch of other Ferrari owners tomorrow.

I passed.

Jakuzzi, stavura, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  21. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Has Ferrari signed Max yet? Let's get a move on. Vettel can go back his glory days team. No pressure on him there. Just what Vettel needs in his golden years.

22. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    French GP was the 11th race of the year back then not the 8th. ;)

23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Don't know if this was posted already but, man is this guy loonies.

Ferrari are haters because they dared ask for a review of the Montreal incident!?

Disrupted French GP build-up left Lewis Hamilton feeling "crap"
    By Scott Mitchell Saturday, June 22nd 2019, 15:24 GMT

Lewis Hamilton's disrupted French Grand Prix build-up, including his attendance of a memorial on Thursday and Ferrari's bid for a penalty review, left the Formula 1 driver feeling "crap".

Five-time world champion Hamilton missed Thursday's media day in the Paul Ricard paddock, with Mercedes's permission, to attend the memorial service for fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld in Paris.

On the same day, the FIA summoned Ferrari to a hearing over the Italian team's petition for a review into Sebastian Vettel's Canadian Grand Prix penalty, which handed Hamilton the win in Montreal.

At 3am on Friday, Hamilton wrote two posts on Instagram in which he said " already feel like I know what's going to happen tomorrow [Friday]. So much hate in this world" and offered his followers a motivation message to rise above "those who try to pull you down".

Hamilton explained that multiple factors had combined to leave him with "lots on my mind, it wasn't necessarily about [Ferrari's bid for a review], it's some other things that were going on".

Asked by Autosport if he was worried about the reaction he would get for attending the memorial instead of being at the circuit, or something else, Hamilton said that "even if you feel crap, it's not a bad time to say something motivational - and that's where I was".

"I think the weekend started off a little different," he said.

"We arrive usually on Thursday morning or Wednesday night. I got here on Thursday evening.

"We got through our programme no problem, but if you're used to a normal four-day programme and you change it, it's not always the easiest.

"It was definitely odd coming here knowing Ferrari was spending time focusing on something else.

"With my team, I would have them focusing on trying to improve the car.

"But then we came here, had that, and when I arrived and heard it was Karun Chandhok's video that was the new evidence, then I was pretty relaxed after that, and I just put it behind me."

Hamilton referenced the boos he received at the previous race, saying that criticism spurs him on, along with the support he receives from trackside fans and those online.

He insisted that the Ferrari petition for a review - which ultimately failed - "wasn't what kept me up" after travelling from Paris to Paul Ricard, in the south of France, on Thursday.

"I was tossing and turning and I was awake and when you're awake, and you're frustrated not being able to sleep, your mind rattles," he said.

"Nonetheless I got really great messages from friends who naturally worry when I post something like that!

"It was kind of words of empowerment, how I sometimes get low and then I'll fight through it.

"I got a lot of positive responses from fans, who said 'I'm going through a difficult time right now but you just lifted me up'.

"That's a great feeling when that happens. My friends did the same for me: lifted me up, I came in and had a good day yesterday.

"I came in today on a real positive."

24. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    This is the first time that I can recall that I didn't watch quali, or even record it as I do for some of the GP where it takes place in the middle of the night for me. There was nothing inconvenient about it since it was on at 9:00. I checked the F1 site to see the results and then mowed the grass. So nearly as I can tell, I didn't miss much. Tomorrow...NASCAR and IndyCar.

Bas and pilotoCS like this.
  25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Lolol Elton Hamdashian, singing and dancing, knowing how to appeal to the millennials. It’s only ones own experience that matters. Nothing else.

Bas likes this.