"Vettel Could Have Done Nothing Different" | Page 8 | FerrariChat

"Vettel Could Have Done Nothing Different"

Discussion in 'F1' started by aaronrgonz, Jun 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Missed the Monaco bit too ...got some snails on simmer.

stavura and Bas like this.
  2. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Good luck with those.

Bas likes this.
  3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    This looks different from Seb's inccedent, when Hamilton came back on track, Ricardo had a lot of room , he did'nt even have to brake. Im i missing something from this?

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I could tell you what you're missing but i would probably be banned if i did!!

fil, P.Singhof, ypsilon and 1 other person like this.
  5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Reproductive organs ??

furoni and daytona355 like this.
  6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And what do you think Ricciardo did just before he waved his hand??? Braking or writing a sms? Nice how they put Ricciardo in slow motion to avoid to see the speed difference...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  7. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    #182 fer312t, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    No you're not...
    Monaco 2016 really was not very similar to Montreal...
    Lewis botched and straight-lined the entry phase of the chicane, recovered and exited in control...and left Ricciardo ~ a car's width on the right.

If one were really desperate to penalize Lewis for Monaco, the case would probably be stronger for 'gaining a lasting advantage' instead of the unsafe rejoin.

When you see the positioning of the cars from the trackside cameras and not Ricciardo's wide angle onboard, it's really not very dramatic...

william and ktu like this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He slowed. Thats a given. The physics is simple and his recorded speed upon exit of grass was slower. He left the track and had to sort the issue as best he could. His problem was the exit. His only real problem was the mistake in the first place.
    Touch o’ butter with mine please :)

Ferrari 308 GTB and william like this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Still at that? Sorry but everyone else thinks otherwise, unless of course you're an elton fan...

fil and daytona355 like this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Looks like Ricc got squeezed as he tried to go for the spot which happens multiple times during any race. But I thought the video was posted to display unsafe track re-entry, not squeezing. Which again, I did not see

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Splitting hairs again, don't you? Vettel was penalized for not leaving enough room making Lewis brake and it was called "unsafe track re-entry"... Lewis was slower as well when coming back and squeezed Ricciardo exactly the same way: he had to brake or crash the wall. I don't care how you call it, it was just as much a penalty or not... but as it was Lewis you will not admit it in 100 years...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

fil and daytona355 like this.
  12. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Vettel is writing his own epitaph. The word "choke" will figure prominently.

Surfah, william and werewolf like this.
  13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elton is writing his, the phrase ‘what’s going on guys, what do I do?’ will feature prominently. Along of course with ‘why did you make me pit guys?’ every time he demands to pit, is advised not too as he will lose places, demands he is allowed to pit, pits, and loses places as a result

fil likes this.
  14. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    And the word "choke" won't be seen anywhere.....

15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Why is there no statistics or trophies given to F1 drivers who is the best at debating pitting?

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I reckon if anyone writes about their experiences of him, the word ‘wanker’ will definitely feature prominently. Mind you, I reckon they may write about choking when they review 2007, and very often in 2009 thru 2013, when more often than not, he was beaten by most people, and spent his time crashing into Massa or being beaten by lowly Jenson Button..... hehehehehe

17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You’re right, Elton would be a shoe in. Don’t worry, Mercedes are still paying off the stewards and FIA at the moment, Elton will win in France unless his car breaks down, and even then, they will probably red flag the race and find an excuse to authorise a win via a count back to position on the previous lap to make sure he still won

18. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    It's just not fair is it?

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Certainly isn’t racing... that’s the truest thing you’ve ever posted, well done

20. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    It's never racing when Vettel chokes.

werewolf likes this.
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    aww, what about when Elton lost the 2017 championship to Rosberg and was crying down his helmet, trying to back Nico into the pack in the vain hope anyone gave a ****? I think that was the ultimate definition of choking, being beaten by your teammate and having a good cry about it, and accusing the team that so clearly tries everything it can to help him of cheating him of a title.... yeah, that’s not choking.

Maybe choking is defined when you blatantly lie to stewards after a race, and get caught? Mmmm, or putting your car into the gravel trap like a novice when trying to enter the pits. Maybe it’s when you crash into a stationary car in the pit lane.

Go on, you tell me, any of the above choking? Hahahahahahaah

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Choking can also mean getting beat down by Rosberg 3 years in a row lol

23. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Hmm...I don't call ending the season with 4 consecutive race wins choking. :cool:
    That was 2016 btw (aka two World Championships ago in Lewis-time)

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehehehe he he. You guys are hilarious. So butthurt that Nico beat dumdum, and he did it while making Elton look like a spoilt six year old girl. Hehehehhe

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I wonder why Elton’s fans are so vehemently against Seb? I mean, he is no different to Elton.... in a great car, he dominated F1 for many seasons, no doubt flattered by the car, and in a lesser car, without the benefit of the stewards benevolence we’ve been told about by Elton’s fans that the leader gets, is regularly beaten and shows a lack of psychological control.

The same can be said of Elton in 2009 thru 2013, without a car capable of a sustained challenge to the championships, Elton choked for five years in a row to Jenson Button of all people, and then Sebastian Vettel himself. It was only getting into the Mercedes of 2014 that once again, armed with the best car by a country mile, as with the red bull before it, he began winning consistently. He was also beaten nearly as much as he won by Nico over three seasons, barely a result between them, and definitely helped by the team siding with the higher paid driver when push came to shove. Take away the dominance of the Mercedes package, do they really think he will win championships without a stand out car advantage? Don’t be so stupid, he will be no different to Seb, and undoubtedly, the outbursts and psychological rubbish we saw from him, and see from Seb now, will return. I’m just glad for Massas safety that he won’t be there to be used as Elton’s weekly crash bag