430 - Cost to swap CCB to Steel brakes | FerrariChat

430 Cost to swap CCB to Steel brakes

Discussion in '360/430' started by azzurribaggio, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Has anyone swapped out their Carbon Ceramic Brakes for Steel? If so how much did that cost?
    I plan to track my F430 a few times per year and don't feel like going thru CCBs every several years with their cost.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You should be able to find someone willing to swap with you. Then it is just the cost of labor. Will make her harder to sell, though, if someone pulls a build sheet and they are missing.

whatheheck likes this.
  3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I have steel brakes.

My fronts rotors and pads are new I installed just 2 months ago.
    The rear rotors and pads are still sealed inside the box. I planned on installing them next month.

You want to trade?

Dan

4. azzurribaggio

Not looking to trade, I want to keep the CCBs for when or if I ever sell the car I can put them back on.
    How much did you front/rear rotors and pads cost?

whatheheck likes this.
  5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    #5 mike32, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Have a look on Superperformance uk web site, they have the discs and pads but not showing the calipers. Look up EBC pads as worth a look.

whatheheck likes this.
  6. azzurribaggio

Not bad prices like you said, my buddy told me it'll cost $10,000 to replace the CC with Steel. Based on this places prices it doesn't even look like it should cost that much (not $10,000 at least) unless the labor is what will increase the price?

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    No idea whats involved as i have the ccm . Look at eurospares uk for the diagrams and compare the setup. They probably do the calipers or try brembo direct. Remember the ccm have 6 pistons on front and 4 rear so might be different master cylinder.
    Superperformance list ferrari and brembo discs- nothing wrong with the cheaper ones

8. c6vette

c6vette Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    St. Petersburg
    You should look into a steel big brake kit from brembo or another brand...no point in spending $10k on stock brakes when you can get much better performance from the aftermarket.

LVP488 likes this.
  9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I purchased the front & rear Brembo OEM steel rotors from SuperformanceUK, brake pads & stainless steel brake lines from Zeckhausen Racing and I believe I paid $1,100.00 total. Cheap!

You just need to find calipers.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The master cylinders are different, but the CCM one should work fine with the steel brakes. On the 575M HGTC with 398/360 mm CCMs, Ferrari just used the same master cylinder as the steel brake one.

whatheheck likes this.
  11. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    72hemi and whatheheck like this.