Should Ferrari withdraw from F1, has the bias gone too far? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Should Ferrari withdraw from F1, has the bias gone too far?

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Not true.

Enzo threatened to leave close to his death when they were going to ban V12's.

The reality is Enzo wouldn't of allowed Bernie and Max to get so much power in the 90's and that "attend all races" clause wouldn't be part of the sport today.

2. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    The cars can do 1 lap and be saved in the pits and in that way you continue to receiving the 95m. and that no one can sue you. When you do that in 2 or 3 races you will get their attention and they will stop treating you like an idiot

fil and daytona355 like this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    It is really funny that all those denying Lewis getting preferred treatment liked your post that indicates he is getting some...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

fil, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Hahaha... I really have to laugh hard...
    Where the crying was? Well the crying seems to be still there and even not long ago Lewis himself brought it up again how unfair it was and that he wants to get the win for that. If you do not remember the crying of yourself and your buddies it is just another example of your very selective memory. Furthermore you guy deny any relevance of the Monaco incident 2016 as this is already 3 years ago but at the same time you come up with **** over a decade ago...seriously?

fil, Bas, stavura and 2 others like this.
  5. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Teams ***** n moan over the most trivial things, it's part of the sports culture to help market the sport.

Isn't FIA purpose to improve the sport? Why do people keep bringing back rulings from 20 years ago when most of the rules today come from FIA attempts at removing said aggressive style? Turning a blind eye should not be in F1 after 1000 races.

Every other sport attempts to make the decision more process transparent but FIA is still in the dark ages with cloak n dagger decisions.

Ferrari can't produce a great car if they aren't allowed to develop it...

No team should be favoured. :rolleyes:

Bas, rdefabri, stavura and 2 others like this.
  6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So let's sum up what we learned...
    Lewis is sitting in the best car run by the best organisation whereas the main opponent Ferrari lives from a reputation built on sports car racing and that is managed in an "too Italian" way to win...
    Furthermoer he wins against a butler and a driver the "chokes" all the time...
    To round it up all his fanboys liked a post that mentions that he gets preferred treatment by the FIA...

So now all those in team LH44 need to explain how exactly this qualifies as the GOAT.... I guess that will remain your secret

Bas, Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I bow my head, a concise summary of fchat F1 section over the last few years. You, sir, have a gift!

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Bas likes this.
  8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Lewis deserved that penalty. He cut the corner on purpose and gained an advantage.......................

If you're still crying over "25s" well that was the rules at the time.

I'm quoting myself from 2008.

I have a copy of the 2006 rules and it states "unless it was completely clear that a driver was in breach of breaking a <insert rule> involving more than one car it will be normally investigated after the race.

Then it goes on to say they have 3 penalties they can give out which include;
    a) drive-through
    b) stop-go with a 10sec wait
    c) a drop of 10 positions for the next race

However if a) or b) penalty is given and it was within the last 5 laps of the race, 25secs will be added instead.

Bas and Isobel like this.
  9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Merc left the sport in 1955 and didn't return till they were capable of winning again. I'm not sure why all the Merc fanbois are against Ferrari leaving when their own team did the exact same thing...

Ferrari can have a few years break like Merc :)

I disagree with Sid about starting a new series, the teams having a say in the rules is why we are in this mess. Ferrari could stay as an engine supplier so the TRUE TIFOSI can still support something.

daytona355, Bas and Isobel like this.
  10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If Ferrari left then it would suffer the same fate as Renault and Honda, lanquishing mid field or at the back.

F1 moves so fast that you need to stay in the game or quit forever.

So far, for me the team that has made the biggest leap forward is McLaren. Even Red bull are struggling and they must have one of the best technical brains in the business and at the helm a wily team manager, they suffer from poor engines and Merc / Ferrari refusal to supply them engines. For me RB would have shown up both teams.

Ferrari are best of the rest so far and will remain that way. Vettel seems to have lost his mojo.

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Ferrari threatened to leave many times in his career, every time with less conviction. He even returned his entrant license a few times!

That was his way to show disapprobation to official décisions, answer the critics or when he couldn't get his way.

In fact, Enzo Ferrari was very happy to sign the Concorde Agreement with all its clauses.

For the first time the Scuderia had a regular income, and the substantual sweetener was the recognition he was so desperate to obtain from the FIA.

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yeah, they could try that.

13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    If F1 remained the same ;)

Jean Todt would probably self destruct :D

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I couldn't see anything wrong with Ferrari leaving and coming back later.

Not only Mercedes, but Honda and Renault have done it.

Usually constructors, because they have marketing plans, as opposed to have F1 as their sole interest.

But every time, you have to reapply for a license and the FIA accepts a new team only if there is a gap.

That's why a new team tends to buy the license of an existing one on its way out.

If Ferrari was to leave temporarily, it would forfeit its veto and lose the historic bonus rights.

15. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Happy to sign with a VETO ;)

None of us are privy to those Concorde Agreements he signed. First Concorde agreement was in 1981 but Ferrari missed the 1982 Swiss GP so it only took him a year to break the rules ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I think a fan boycott could be more effective. I'm doing my part. No more F1 for me until the Mercedes Formula is gone. Who wants to watch an obviously rigged series?

17. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Ironic that Pirelli is Italian too, no competition though!!!

Couldn't agree more, I am doing my bit too and not subscribing to Sky or Sky sports F!

18. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    F1 needs to change direction, quite how it achieves that is complex and beyond me but the tyres are the biggest issue. Racing theme needs to be at the heart of it with less regulation and interference. If teams want to spend £ $ to get to the top then so be it, but give the smaller teams a greater share of the lavish money awash in the sport so they can compete on a more equal footing.

I want to see racing, drivers slugging it out for victory, getting out of the cars totally shattered and earning their money. Not a load of prima donnas swanning around the track on a sunday afternoon wailing about Mr So and so just cut him up . Some of them are there because of their wealth not on merit.

daytona355 likes this.
  19. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    #69 fer312t, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Not sure of your point here. Merc stopped racing in 1955 due to public relations reasons...and they were certainly capable of returning and winning at any point previous to their return to World Sportscar Racing in the mid-1980s if they so desired.

Can't speak for everyone but I don't think there are many Merc fanbois here - but rather those like and respect the current and 5-time World Champion, and like to see him to do well (and by extension want to see Mercedes produce great racing cars.)

20. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    George, I agree Vettel was under pressure and made a mistake. And ‘again’, as you say, it proves what exactly ? Race car drivers at full chat can make errors ? Thanks. I wasn’t aware. And. Who. Cares.
    As for calling Pirro an idiot, if the shoe fits as they say. He should be ousted and sent over to steward sports cars, imho. He didn’t want to have the appearance of bias in order to protect his role as chief steward and therefore overcompensated Mercedes (while simultaneously ruining the race for those paying to attend and the rest of us) to cover his behind. For that, yes, he is an idiot, although a better description exists. Cagey sycophant perhaps. I’ll stick with the opinions of Mario, Mansell and the entire field of current F1 drivers who agree the decision was atrocious, and appreciate Brundle’s comment that the penalty “lost a chunk of the essence of F1”. Deplorable.

daytona355, Jeronimo GTO and TonyL like this.
  21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

While not precisely what I said, I suppose the result is the same. I think that Mercedes, and many of the great teams in their day, saw the benefits of what I'd call, "the non-call." When there's a possibility of penalizing the lead team, or the #1 driver, well, it's less likely to happen than if you're a second level team. (competitively.) I think there's a clear possibility if the roles had been reversed that Hamilton would NOT have received the 5 second ding that Vettel got. Of course we'll never know for sure.

As to his NOT getting a penalty from his practice gaffe, I'll quote Alan Iverson "We talking' about practice."

D

william and Thecadster like this.
  22. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    +1
    F1 is a bit like a watching a slow puncture

daytona355 and Isobel like this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Please, remind me what were the circumstances of that absence at the 1982 Swiss GP.

Didn't he obtain an exemption?

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Without being a fan as such, I am a great admirer of the Three Pointed Star racing history, going back to the 1900s.
    Mercedes and Renault were the pioneers in the early GPs, décades before a championship existed (after WWII).
    The 30s were heroic times with the Silver Arrows, Caracciola, Von Brauchitsh and Lang orchestrated by Manfred Neubauer, the man who created the role of racing manager, pit signals and team orders. They won every year bar one.
    In the 50s, Mercedes came back and dominated immediatly with Fangio. The Le Mans disaster put a stop to a promising era.
    So, I was quite pleased when Mercedes bought Brawn to relaunch its own team.
    The rest is history.

When Mercedes wins in F1, and Porsche in sportscars, I am quite happy !!!

cairns and fer312t like this.
  25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I would indeed prefer not to quit and a rival series set up, but for F1 to fix the rules instead so it can return to being entertainment rather than a showcase of engineering.