Can we consider this Pantera 2000 a real car? | FerrariChat

Can we consider this Pantera 2000 a real car?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jun 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    It could be a pushmobile. I guess there was a press conference back in 2000. Nobody told me and I didn't see it in any US magazine.
    I think when the factory went belly up they abandoned several cars not finished. I am curious if this Pantera 2000 even had a driveline (and was it a V8--what brand?) and interior and most important a Serial Number and build date? I saw one article in an Italian magazine where a chap just drove into the building, loaded one up onto a trailer and drove off with it. I have talked to another man that bought one but did not ask him the questions above. So depending on whether DeTomaso is revived as a marque, this is either the last Pantera or a forgoten episode.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    He shared a lot of stuff with his Maserati ventures. This one is probably about as operable as the Chubasco was. The yellow car is very reminiscent of the Maserati Barchetta.

3. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    An obscure FYI, in the mid 90s (pre Qvale) DeTomaso’s former President of Maserati in North America (George Garbutt) brought yellow Guara Coupe to Le Belle Macchine d’Italia for DeTomaso. He reported back to DeTomaso about the event and its track activities at Pocono Raceway. DeTomaso reportedly wanted to build barchetta versions of the Guara as track cars to bring to Pocono the next year. Plans were shelved (a common DeTomaso practice) after the deal with Qvale came together.

Could the unfinished yellow Guara barchetta be the car intended for Pocono?

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Is that Joe Moore in the scarf ... :p

5. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Looks like Renault Alpine meets Venturi, not that that's a bad thing.