17th Dino Club of Japan Meeting | FerrariChat

17th Dino Club of Japan Meeting

Discussion in '206/246' started by GermanDino, Apr 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Just coming back from the Easter Dino Club of Japan meeting. What an experience that was!

One year ago, Stefan from Dinoparts and myself met three lovely members of the Dino Club of Japan, had a good time with them in Germany and Paris and decided to revisit them in Japan. We choose their annual meeting nearby mount Fuji over Easter. Took the plane to Tokyo and from there the Shinkansen train to Kyoto. Two days of sight seeing in Kyoto, Nara and Osaka, always guided by two to three members of the Dino club. So well organized, fantastic. Saturday morning at 4 am start to mount Fuji area from Osaka… 400 Km drive to the meeting. More and more other Dino joined during our trip. Finally arrived at Naka Izu Winery. Fantastic roads to drive around that place. We had a lot of fun… I was always offered to drive a Dino myself, great experience. At dinner one member showed me the translation of the Dino Compendium into Japanese, took him more than three years… what a passion these people in Japan have for Dino… I haven`t seen it before. Next day lot of petrol talk, computer translators have been very helpful for communication… followed by Bingo and picture contest. After the meeting I was offered to drive a 206 GT into Tokyo by night, joined by three other Dino, what a once in a lifetime experience, I will never forget. Last over night stay in the “Dino toy box”, a very special house of one of the members, apart from his three cars, about 7000 Dino related items in his collection, unique worldwide…

A long weekend that we will never forget, Dino Club of Japan thank you so much!

Regards Matthias

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

pshoejberg, dgt, swift53 and 4 others like this.
  2. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Excellent first report, thanks Matthias. Glad to read that you enjoyed it.
    Yes, Japan is a fantastic place and Ferrari and Dino lovers over there are especially enthusiastic.

Marcel Massini

Lemacc and Nuvolari like this.
  4. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Fantastic, Matthias. The Japanese are fascinating people. Too bad they don't post here. Please more photos if you can. Thanks.

5. DinoParts, Stefan

Sponsor

Mar 1, 2015
    Eschwege, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan Kratzer
    dgt, DinoLasse, Masaya Akita and 3 others like this.
  6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. DinoParts, Stefan

Sponsor

Mar 1, 2015
    Eschwege, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan Kratzer
  8. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    They certainly have great beer! :) Must have been a great experience....

The sake, is to die for :)

Regards, Alberto

dgt likes this.
  9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  10. DinoParts, Stefan

Sponsor

Mar 1, 2015
    Eschwege, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan Kratzer
    Scott,
    I am happy to forward if you send something to me and put you in contact.
    Best regards,
    Stefan