Price check on a 812 | FerrariChat

Price check on a 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ChipG, Jun 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Tonight I was told by a CA broker he has an 812 with 750 miles on it for sale, the price seemed pretty low, told clean clear title with no issues, can someone please tell me current market prices (price range?), I don't have the spec sheet but am told lots of CF. Car is Black on Black.

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Dealer show car maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You were told the price, think it's low, but you don't want to post it for some reason?

I would start with sticker, range on a car like that is MSRP plus or minus a few percent.

4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    What year? 2018's base is about $23,000 less than 2019 base

What is original MSRP ?

Because not at a dealer, you need to very carefully check it out, get the VIN, run it through a Ferrari dealer, and, it would be good to run the purchase through a Ferrari dealer and have it CPO'd then you know it is a good car...

5. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    The price is $339k

6. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    The cheapest one for sale is 385k. The base price with no options for 2018 was 340k. I do not believe that any 812s have gone thru the auctions. So I would guess that 339k is probably too good to be true, has a bad car fax or you should jump on it immediately.

7. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    with lots of CF? Agree with mkraft, seems to good to be true. Tread carefully

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    That price is too good to be true, especially so if it is MY2019.

Why would that broker pick you, they could sell it to any Ferrari dealer for that price, it's below wholesale for what seems to be represented. I think you are selected for a swindle...pay the broker and car disappears....you never receive it...

I definitely recommend routing the purchase via Ferrari dealer and having it CPO'd, it could be a stolen car, salvage title or from another market and is not US compliant or the car simply does not exist.

If nothing else, run the VIN through your local Ferrari dealer and your insurance agent and find out the car's history that they have.

9. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Thanks everyone, I have a call into him to go see it tomorrow, I'm very cautious about it, I met him through a friend who has bought over 50 cars from him. I'll also be able to get a copy of the spec sheet tomorrow.

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Spec sheet is nice, I could give you pictures and a spec sheet too.

Make sure you get a VIN and give that to your local Ferrari dealer - service manager and ask for a printout of its history, and ask if the current owner can have the car sent to whichever Ferrari Dealer is closest to the car's location for a PPI.

ChipG likes this.