430 alarm problem | FerrariChat

430 alarm problem

Discussion in '360/430' started by tonyl8281, Jun 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    The anti theft alarm on my 2007 430 is refusing to switch off when I press the remote, neither do the doors lock or open remotely. To access the car I have to use the lock and key. As soon as the door opens the alarm goes off. The engine starts and the car will drive ok but with the alarm sounding. The battery in both my remotes are only a couple of months old and were working fine until this past weekend. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so any suggestions on what to do please?

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    First check the fuses and relays.

If you don't have the time to diagnose the problem right now and want to still drive the car why not just unplug the siren ?

Your lucky, the immobilizer isn't prohibiting the engine starting which would have been a pita ;)

3. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    When gremlins strike, turn battery switch off. Wait 30 minutes. Switch on. Pray.

4. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    Thanks for the comments, really appreciated, I’ll try the suggestions made.

Regarding ‘praying’, I think that happens a lot with these cars!

5. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I had the same experience after changing the battery. These steps found elsewhere in FC corrected the problem for me:
    After cycling the battery master switch in the trunk off ....
    1. Turn on battery master switch in trunk - wait 60 seconds.
    2. Insert key in ignition, but don't turn ignition switch - wait 60 seconds.
    3. Turn to key to position 1 - wait 60 seconds.
    4. Start engine - don't touch throttle - idle for 5 minutes.

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Although you mentioned batteries are a few months old in fob I would try a fresh one after you do the reset mentioned above

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

7. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    Thanks guys, as always the forum is a great place to get ideas. I’ll try the suggestions over the next few days and post the outcome.

8. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Let us know what the results are

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Do you have any IR transmitter/ receivers nearby , used for changing tv channels through the house ? Both my ferrari and toyota, plus the garage door opener were not responding to the remotes. Turned out it was a duff MARMITEK IR receiver for the tv. Got a new one and all fine.
    Other thing to try is a cotton bud with some electrical cleaner on the battery contacts in the keyfob

10. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    Thanks for the great advice. This is what I did. I turned the battery isolator off and left it for about an hour. The alarm was sounding, presumably using the back up battery in the siren, for say the first ten minutes or so and then it ceased. When I turned the isolator back on the alarm stayed silent and the doors were opening and closing as normal using the remotes. I’m really pleased that the car is useable again but I’m assuming that there is something untoward happening that caused the issue in the first place. It’s always a bit troubling not to know what causes an intermittent fault as it might happen again and the battery isolation route may or may not be successful on another occasion I guess. For the moment though I’m delighted to be up and running again. Thanks again, this forum has helped me on several occasions in sorting problems with the car.

11. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    I have turned my battery switch to off several times and never had the alarm sound? It would be interesting to know if the alarm goes off again if the battery is turned off? I'm thinking the alarm is now reset too and won'y go off if the battery is turned off again.

12. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    For clarity. The alarm triggered when I inserted and turned the ignition key, through open driver window, in order to be able to release the bonnet to get to the isolator switch. It wasn’t turning the isolator off that triggered the alarm. I think you are right Bill, switching the isolator off and on won’t trigger the alarm.

13. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Okay.
    I have an older 2005 F430 and I don't have to turn the ignition key on to open the bonnet.

14. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    In regard to this battery isolator switch- this is in the negative line and not the positive. Also when you turn this off it does not interrupt every circuit. If you look at the negative battery clamp it has a few separate lines, so turning the isolator off does nor effect these connections.
    In rear trouble situation you need to pull the positive battery clamp off the battery post, or even both