Sold - 2013 California 30 Rossa Corsa over Tan | FerrariChat

Sold 2013 California 30 Rossa Corsa over Tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Piper, May 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Selling my first California. She's perfect. Only reason I'm selling her is I wanted a color change in a big way. The bright red was causing problems for my kids being seen at school. My perfect color combo came up and I grabbed it so now I have one too many Cali's.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/771919634/overview/

Noteworthy to the community, first and foremost it's a Piper car which means immaculately maintained and my rep behind it. Otherwise, please note she has new motor mounts, new charcoal can on the fuel tank, new rear tires. She's had only one sticky, and the climate control cluster which has been beautifully corrected by Sticky No More. Zero stickies on this car. The paint was just polished and sealed with ceramic in April, show ready. The leather is immaculate, regularly treated with leatherique. ZERO wear on the bolster. ZERO. This car looks and drives like brand spanking new. She comes with four sets of mats starting with the top of the line Nicks Forza Ferrari shields, then factory carbon fiber and factory black, and a set of cheap tan extras when you know you'll get dirty. She comes with cover and factory charger.

Listed at $109,495. Willing to consider serious offers.

2. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    vinny84, tfazio and Makuono like this.
  3. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob

Attached Files:

Makuono likes this.
  4. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Piper - if I was in the market I would NOT hesitate to buy from you. I am sure someone will come along soon since we are gliding into summer. Good luck.

5. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks, man. Getting regular offers. Just turned down $105k, from a stranger. I'd love to see it go to an Fchatter or someone in my local C&C, and I'm willing to consider offers from such.

6. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Just a heads up to anyone subscribed, we've countered the $105k offer with $106.5k and are willing to settle at $106k.

7. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Great price and exactly what I'm looking for. Just the timing is off. I'm waiting until the driving season which in Memphis starts about September.

8. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Bump. Offers.

9. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Only $1000 off on $105/6k car? I would take it and run and be done with the whole thing.

LARRYH, jm348, dustman and 3 others like this.
  10. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Bump...

RED BRAKE CALIPERS
    CARBON REAR MOULDING
    DAYTONA STYLE SEAT
    DAYTONA STYLE REAR SEATS
    ELECTRIC SEATS
    HORSE STITCHED ON HEADREST
    'SCUDERIA FERRARI' SHIELDS
    MAGNERIDE DUAL MODE SUSPENSION
    INN/OUT ELETTR.MIRROR+HOMELINK
    PARKING CAMERA
    ALUMINIUM DRIVER&PASS.FOOTREST
    20"DIAMOND FINISH SPORT WHEELS
    RED REV. COUNTER
    SATELLITE RADIO
    HIGH POWER HIFI SYSTEM
    COLOURED SPECIAL STITCHING
    FILO SPECIALE ROSSO 0504
    TYRES PRESSURE MEASUREMENT

11. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    TTT!

Piper likes this.
  12. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
  13. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sale pending.

14. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sold! $105,500.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Congrats Bob

Piper likes this.
  16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    congrats, great car, I would like to have a 2013 30 again, but looking for an off color.

Piper likes this.
  17. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I completely agree on getting an off color. This was the first rossa corsa fcar I've owned and I regretted it. Got it for my son. Don't think I'll ever get bright red again. Went back to my favorite, rubino micalizzato. Not sure I spelled that right, but it sure is a rare color and I love it. When a Cali T came up in rubino I had to grab it. Hope you find your car. I love the new one so much I'm immediately doing everything I need to get it sorted just right, more CF interior and exterior, subwoofer, forza floor mats, carbonio plate holder, everything all at once immediately. Spent weeks thinking up the perfect license plate for her. I'm in love...lol

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I liked the Grigio Jennie had, but could go several colors.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

vinny84 likes this.
  19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'd say silverstone is, generally speaking, the best color for the original Cali body. I've thought that since launch and it still holds true. The styling was a tad polarizing at first, and silverstone is a bit understated. But here were are a decade later and I think it still a great color for the Cali. Probably your second best for resale as well next to corsa red. I OTOH have a soft spot for darker reds, particularly metallic. If I'd seen a Cali 30 come up in rosso fiorano, mugello, or rubino I'd have gone for another 30. I'm really thrilled with the Cali T though. I think the lines are better, and while I used to think it was a little too fly by wire, I like the handling better now and it's geared a little better. The gearing on the 30 is shifts a bit too aggressively and I think in part to make up for the lower torque which is much less of a problem on turbo'ed engines. Downside though, and the only thing I don't love about the Cali T is you lose that beautiful NA sound.

rob lay likes this.
  20. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Congrats. What did you replace the California 30 with?

21. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Another California, but this time a Cali T. She's stunning. I have more carbon on the way, finishing the upper carbon in the cabin, replacing the composite fins on the diffuser with carbon. Installing a sub. I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the sound system, but it needs a sub. Ordering top nick's forza mats for her with scud shields. Love this car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

technom3, rob lay and tfazio like this.
  22. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    That looks stunning. I am happy everything worked out for you.

23. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks, buddy. I've been through several of these and this may be the keeper.

tfazio likes this.
  24. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    Piper- love the new T. How does your new color compare to the Rosso California? I’m a big fan of the deeper metallic reds and I’m thinking of grabbing one but there are none local for me to look at. Yours looks geat!
    I also had a 30 in Grigio silver stone and thought it worked well on the body lines.

25. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I think Rosso California is closer to like a shade darker Rosso Fiorano where Rubino has a hint of purple, like a metallic merlot maybe. It's really, really similar to Rosso California though, which is good. These things seem cyclical and model specific, but where Rubino was really rare on my 599 or on the 458 Spider I was looking at, for this year California its almost traditional though still uncommon. The first year of the 360 saw a lot of Fiorano as well.

I'm also a huge fan of deeper metallic reds. LOVE THEM. Thanks for the compliment. I've just received my carbon from eurospares to finish off the dash. The original owner did the driver's zone, but not the vents, Ferrari logo insert and radio surround. Going to look great. I'm also working with Exotica on a solution for carbon on the diffuser without the full Novitec look. I want a stock look so we're going to try to custom fill and finish the additional holes on the Novitec fins so I don't have to do the Novitec skirts. The fins on the back of the Cali look terrible. Ultimately, I want the grill in carbon as well. I'm adding anything and I'm not going to carbon any exterior bits that are Rubino. But I do want all the black on the car to be carbon.

That's how I know I love this car. I've got the stupid must-spend-money-upgrading bug for her. I'll end up doing a Capristo exhaust on her eventually as well.