Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 62 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    While I would love to ditch Sirius/XM, I live in the wide open fly over zone of the USA where cell phone coverage is not ubiquitous and in fact many times unavailable, so I keep it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    After many years, I dropped it and stream everything now.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I thought I read here that it had a rear viewing camera...T

jm2 likes this.
  4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Could be

5. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    It's all a matter of personal taste but I prefer it with the black roof.... The single tone looks great as well.

of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I agree. The black roof just seems an inherent part of the design. For those buying one, as always, whatever colour combination you like is always great. There aren’t too many wrong choices.

of2worlds, F2003-GA and stavura like this.
  7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Does this car have active cruise control (automatically keeps the distance)?

8. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    I'm drooling here Kandi on the above pic.
    Damn......

9. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I think the fin is the Ferrari designers channeling their inner great white shark

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    When people ask me if I get tired of being right I’m like no not really I’m used to it

of2worlds likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Black looks spectacular!

12. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Black for sure!

13. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Black solves the roof color dilemma...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SoCal to az, Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Dear God No I hope

15. Krog

Krog Rookie

Apr 3, 2013
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Krog
    To be right, you would have to know that Switzerland (in addition to VAT) has motor tax and customs duty tax (as Switzerland is not part of EU) which messes up your calculation a bit. But you obviously knew that - if not, you would be wrong again. ;-)

ferrarifanatic25 and of2worlds like this.
  16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It just doesn't look like a flagship.

Aventador looks like a flagship compared to the Huracan.
    720S looks like a flagship compared to the 570S.
    SF90 looks like it could have been the F8.

17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    720 is clearly a bigger 570, Aventador a bigger Huracan - the genes are very apparent in these cars. SF90 is bigger than F8, there is something of a family look (important) as with Mac and Lamborghini but the SF90 does not look like it could have been the F8. It’s significantly lower and squatter and it’s also longer. The examples you use make the reverse argument to yours IMO.

paulchua and Juvendude like this.
  18. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This hasty montage shows what I mean. The closeness in appearance is strongest between the Lamborghinis in my view - they are very similar, rather typical of VW group companies. Basically the Huracan is a smaller Aventador with no side vent. The McLaren’s are possibly the most different, with the 720’s treatment being quite radical - the frontal area and the side vents incorporated inside the flanks and the barge boards do alter the look somewhat. The key lines and proportions are very similar though. The waistline, the rear haunches and the frontal proportions are clearly related. The Ferrari on the other hand is similar in terms of being clearly of the Ferrari family but has quite different lines and proportions. It is clearly lower and longer and the side vent is very different, the F8 having the 488’s distinctive indented metalwork ahead of the vent, the SF90 losing that feature but instead having a very different waistline and a completely different B pillar theme. The front is longer and very unusual, not just for Ferrari but for any car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    As a further thought, the SF90’s waistline really is quite different. I don’t like the DB11 because it has a rising waistline making the car appear like it’s sittimg back on its haunches - a sort of ‘lazy’ pose, whereas I tend to prefer the ‘ready-for-action’ stance of a waistline that falls towards the wing mirror. However, on the SF90 it seems to avoid the car looking lazy and ‘sitting-back’. It seems to me to be quite a new theme for a mid car - check out all the others, they have a falling waistline, including all the recent mid engined Ferraris. I think this could set a new trend as designers try to come up with a more modern look for their next generation vehicles. It will be interesting to see if this idea is followed or others stick to what they know. When the market leader does something different it often results in influencing the market though.

Attached Files:

of2worlds likes this.
  20. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    By the way, out of all those pics, look how pretty the Huracan is. Maybe it’s misleading but from the front three-quarter I think the little Lambo is lovely.

paulchua, of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.