488 - Chris Harris compares Pista to 600LT | Page 5 | FerrariChat

488 Chris Harris compares Pista to 600LT

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    One man's trash is another treasure. I feel exact opposite.

But we know you hate Mac--wouldn't matter what they came out with :rolleyes:

I do like Pista though (see I'm not biased).

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    my build quality of my 720 is just fine and as far as looks its subjective but I hated the car at first. Now I marvel at how well its designed from an aero dynamic perspective. Everything is done with purpose on the car.

IPO1 likes this.
  3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    come on Mark- lets get you behind the wheel of one and lets go have some fun. I think you will enjoy the car tremendously. Its truly a great machine.

dmark1 and IPO1 like this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have no problem with counter opinions. But some opinions are like a broken record, aka the lack of sound.

and now the 488 has lag. I think Ive heard it all. :)

Shadowfax likes this.
  5. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I've offered and it falls on deaf ears. He's afraid he will love it more than HP or F car...I get it ;)

Angry Pinchy and SoCal to az like this.
  6. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Careful, my 488 caught fire on its own in my garage while I was asleep. Your precious brand isn't without issues. That was just the beginning of my problems with my 488 too.

That's your opinion. I can tell you this when I had my 488, my best friend had a 720s. Guess which car got the attention from people? Hint, it wasn't from Italy.

Personally 720s isn't the best looking car out there at all, but performance the 488 stacks up like a joke and if you deny that you'd just be classified as delusional and here's a news flash. Some people buy cars based on performance not on looks and another news flash is not all people would agree with you or me on a 720s...thats how subjective things work.

7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    100% first hand experience with a car I own(ed)

Maybe your car didn't ahve all the carbon mine did. The carbon that went along the rear quarters were VERY loose. They were even hazing.

The paint on the roof had solvent pop all over it.

Headlight fitment with the surround was poor

The soft close doors were a nice touch though

Not confused in the slightest with a ferrari. That mclaren was a ****box

8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    WOW... someone was offended.

You can check my avatar for precious brand and then you can shove off with that nonsense. what did you feel attacked because I brought up personal first hand experience with a car? So instead you go and try to make an insult. get real

9. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Neat you shared your first hand experience....so did I.

Shocking that manufactures have some cars built that are just turds. It happens, all brands. Including the one in your avatar if you look ;)

10. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    You guys are all funny - when discussing reliability/fit/finish and pitting one marque against another - Ferrari 488/pista/lusso,812, etc had recalls earlier this year due to a potential fire issue.... but hey; let's not let facts get in the way of things.

One that you owned?

This is a previous posting of your's:

Ughh... the 720s makes me want to throw up. The headlights and front fascia are just terrible... i have one sitting in front of me right now... BLEHHHHH

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yup. it happens to all brands. I was just shocked at the crap build quality on the 720s. The MP4 seems to have had much better build quality

12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yes. and? That would be the car I was looking at.

13. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    You said you owned one!!! and you were posting to ferrari chat as you were looking at it two weeks ago?

People just post a lot of nonsense on car forums. They hardly have any experience with the cars that they are even talking about.

Turbo Lag - people should start posting up some videos of their drives. Specifically, tracking them. People just confuse turbo lag with ESC intervention (on track or trying to do spirting driving or in too high of a gear and then trying to punch the accelerator.)

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #114 REALZEUS, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Actually the 488 GTB and the 600 LT are neck and neck, until 200 kph, above that speed the Ferrari is quicker: http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel5623-7444.htm It is just that the Ferrari's more linear delivery doesn't feel so explosive; the numbers don't lie though.
    The 720 is different beast altogether, much quicker than the GTB; that one is neck and neck with the Pista.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This is very true.

16. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    To your point, how many people on this forum ask "what driving mode"....IMO there was only 2 driving modes in a 488 or 458. CT Off or ESC off. Half these cats drive in auto mode in sport. It's always been crazy to me how dumb of a question that was when asked here.

17. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    for what it's worth at least here in the UK Mclaren's don't get the same attention as Ferrari's on the street (although of course they do get attention), I personally look at this as a positive thing.

my experience was with a 12c about a year after they came out, which you could argue is a fairly subtle looking car in contrast to others in the range.

18. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I was the same way

I hated the 720 looks at first, but now having seen a bunch in different configurations etc, I guess I'm more "accustom" or warming up to the very futuristic/spaceship look. I think Mac really did a nice job on that. It's an insane looking car, no comment on anything else as I have no experience to say otherwise regarding build quality etc. The performance is undeniable based on what I've watched on YouTube

no idea why Mac gets such flak, aside from actual bad experiences from people who've owned them. The more competition the better IMO, the more ICE/non-hybrid competitors and opportunities in the marketplace for petrolheads the better. Hope Mac is succeeding and doing well, as well as legendary Ferrari of course. Is this Rennlist? LOL

Bundy and SoCal to az like this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    For me its not even close- the 100s of times I took my 488 out and the 720 out- 99.9% of the time the 720 gets more attention. Now by no means is that the sole judge of whether a car is good or not, its just my experience.

I loved my 488. I would not be getting a Pista if the 488 wasn't an amazing car. But the 488 in terms of power and speed just couldn't keep up with the 720. The carbon tub made a huge difference in how nimble and quick the car felt in straight line and handling.

Regardless, having owned both Im not a fan boy for either brand. Which ever company makes a better car gets my money.

You can critique the build quality of Mclaren as the Ferrari is definitely better built but there wasn't anything on my 720 that makes me say that the build quality there is a piece of crap. The Ferrari just shows what happens when a company has 75 years of car building experience vs 10.

At the end of the day Im happy to have Mac, Porsche, Ferrari all do well. We can choose which car is our favorite but that doesnt make the others utter crap. I think people need to stop acting like they actually have ownership stake in there favorite car company. None of these companies at the end of the day give a rats ass about you or I as owners. They want our money and once they have it, time to move on. The blind loyalty displayed here sometimes baffles me.

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

If this was rennlist, every topic would be about how I saved my last penny to buy my car and I hope I dont lose any money on it.

sampelligrino and IPO1 like this.
  21. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Whats always interesting to me is when your arguing about Mclaren's, your argument should be simple. They fall off the face of the earth on value. Literally so bad. That is your argument and it holds water.

Looks are subjective and performance wise your barking up the wrong tree.

Ferrari needs to step up to the plate on performance, they are at what I feel is a turning point. The company is now trying to pump out new models faster and they are behind in terms of performance. They need to shock us with the next step forward.

technom3 likes this.
  22. This.

Many times people will confuse lag with the transmission simply downshifting, which, believe it or not, happens in both NA and FI cars.

Now back to our regular programming. Wouldn't want actual facts to get in the way of a good internet argument.

SoCal to az likes this.
  23. min3040

min3040 Rookie

Dec 5, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris Hong
    I know for sure Maclaren has a lot of issues than Ferrari. I am sorry to hear that your car caught fire but Salomondrin’s brand new Senna caught fire after 10 day of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. min3040

min3040 Rookie

Dec 5, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris Hong
    My 600lt stock exhaust was droning little bit in highway which was really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I thought you guys might enjoy this. 1 of 3 videos for your enjoyment. No need to analyze it like we are Formula 1 drivers.

Pista had Trofeo tires - He's a very good driver. He was driving it like it was the value of a Miata. His best time was 1:35 over the week-end. My best time in 720s was 1:36 over the week-end. This was the last session of the day. The start/finish line in my telemetry is just before the corkscrew. The video will hesitate as it goes to the next lap

Pista and 720s are both freaking awesome, awesome cars. In a straight line; it's too close to call between the two cars.

Just an fyi - We have to slow down and manipulate for sound station between turns 5 and 6. This area is at the :54 to 1:04 mark of the video (without sound restriction we would get to around 120 mph vs the 100 mph due to sound restriction

sampelligrino and WM458 like this.