3x8 - Who is actually in the market for sale? | FerrariChat

3x8 - Who is actually in the market for sale?

Discussion in '308/328' started by TrojanFan, Jul 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    How about a thread on those who are selling their 3x8 cars?

My '86 328 GTS is on the market. I know that Jedi is also selling his 328. Who else is currently on the market for sale?

2. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm going to be listing mine shortly. 83 euro with 11k. 2 owners, we've had the car since 1986. I really want to get into a 355.

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Not a chance of selling mine. Original owner, 85 GTB QV. Just too rare. I'll hold on to it and see where the market goes.

Jbrauer and miketuason like this.
  4. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    Everything is for sale for the right price. There's probably 10 other cars you could buy cheaper than mine in the same condition.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I sold two, back in March...my project cars.

I should have chopped them up, to make more $$$.

But one of them landed with a Fchatter, back in the Pacific NW, where it came from, so I take pleasure in seeing a TR owner get excited about it.

6. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm selling mine to get into a 550. Have a 355 in the "stable" presently and love it.

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Well, yes. But what is the right price? I took my car to a well known dealer and he offered my $70k on the spot. I smiled and said it would take more to pry it from my cold dead hands. Then we talked about consignment. He indicated he felt strongly that I could walk away with $90k. Told him I'd think about it, but the though died. Just not ready to sell.

8. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    For me, it really depends on the price of a couple of other cars I really want. I was looking at Alfa Romeo Montreals, before I bought the 308. Those are now priced above the 308. I was looking at a few running/driving project 1st gen Ghiblis. Those are now far more expensive than the 308. Not sure where Lamborghini Jalpas are, but pretty sure I would have a hard time trading my 308 for one. I was also looking at 930 Turbos. Those again, have appreciated far more than my 308. Hell, I even came across an old Maserati Kylami for slightly more than i paid for my 308. Pretty sure I couldn't make a trade for one of those happen. Detomaso Mangusta is another I really want to say I owned. I'd like to own a Colombo v12 Ferrari someday (earlier better than later). It really depends on what the market for the other cars does relative to the 308. I quite enjoy the 308, so I'm not in a rush to move down the bucket list, but I do want to be able to say I owned and regularly got to stretch the legs out on an extensive list of cars.

9. Propnose

Propnose Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Stanley, NC
    Full Name:
    Mark Lowe
    I'm currently saving $$ to purchase my first Ferrari. A 308 or preferably a 328. Looking to get into an "affordable" one(40-45k). I know the prices have increased a lot recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    We have virtually the same car and I keep going up and down, not ready to sell but it is tempting. But at this point it would take $100k to get me seriously interested. Then I keep looking at 930s, specifically M505 cars. One of those could tempt me too.

11. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Old post from Peter- but same idea- my '86 328 GTS is on the market and listed on F-chat. Well-sorted and outstanding :)
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1986-ferrari-328-gts.585698/

12. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Very nice car! Surprised you still have it. If you bought a "driver" and paid to get it into this condition it would cost you more and take at least a few months. I think this is just beyond most enthusiasts but not rare enough or very low miles to attract the investor/collector. Good luck!

eyeman1234 likes this.
  13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Not every car.

I have a 80 Scirocco that I value more than money.

14. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
  15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    308 milano and Dom like this.
  16. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks! Unfortunately, people seem to want a concours car, not a driver... My car looks great from 5 ft away, but is not going to get you platinum at any shows. It is a car meant to be driven.

17. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Mine will probably be up for sale in the next several months. Either selling it and the Boxer to get a Ford GT or keeping the boxer a while longer and getting a '13 corvette convertible 427 for Florida.

18. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
  19. TedM

TedM Karting

Oct 30, 2010
    Arlington, MA
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I have been thinking about selling my 87 328 GTS recently, having moved to Boston from Scottsdale a couple years ago. The nearby roads are not very compelling and traffic is awful, so i was thinking of switching to something more of a track tool. The Cayman GT4 has always intrigued me, but their value has been so stable you can buy an F430 for 'just' another $15-20K. Of course the maintenance experience would be different. It is a good excuse to do some test drives in any case.

20. kidryno

kidryno Karting

Dec 22, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Drop me a line with details. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    He posted that nearly 4 years ago - I'm guessing it's no longer for sale.

JuLiTrO and eyeman1234 like this.