488 - Chris Harris compares Pista to 600LT | Page 6 | FerrariChat

488 Chris Harris compares Pista to 600LT

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Im no expert but I can see the lag all the way from here. You should just burn both those cars. Shameful.

;)

technom3, IPO1 and exoticcardreamer like this.
  2. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    What?:oops:

3. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    If you noticed my other post. All manufactures have cars that have problems. It's human made, some % of failure is a given. More Lambo's have burnt down than all exotics probably, but people still buy them.

Whats more alarming Ferrari a company who's been building road cars for decades having a fire....or Mclaren who really just got into road cars for real not even 10 years ago?

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    C'mon man, don't keep it bottled up inside. Tell us how you really feel:D

Not sure I think they are all dog ass ugly, but all sans the F1 does nothing for me on an emotional level.

5. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    The Maccas (720) are terribly fast when it goes straight on, but they are by far not as emotional as the Reds. Even the Lambos.
    Saw their whole range today, got away from them easily. Straight to the F-shop.

Igor Ound likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Congrats. And just as many have gone from the Fshop to the Macca shop.

They are all great cars. you can have a preference but that doesnt mean the car you didnt choose sucks.

7. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Great video, imagine how bad the LT version is going to beat up on that Pista. What tires on the 720s?

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  8. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    P Zero Corsa's with about 5 track days on them.

There was another 720s who was part of the group with the Pista. That 720s did a 1:34. He had goodyear tires (Eagle F1 tires). He said they are better then the trofeo's and half the price (his lap times substantiated his advice)

9. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    That’s true.
    I’ve tried many of them (Mcs) Just don’t suit me. Too easy, too indifferent, too ordinary.
    488s make much more fun. Outside and inside.

10. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    That’s a really interesting discussion!
    I drove them all, owned some of them (still own). Among all of them, the 488 has got the least lag noticeable
    Just close to nothing.
    Of course, if you take 3000rpm+ as the reference point, they are all quite close together.
    Below, there is only one that bites: 488.
    Engine of the past 20 yrs!

11. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Whatever you think of the 720s (I tried one and the same several times now as my close friend has one) it is the bargain of the century looking at how they are depreciating (you can get one for same price or less than a a 488 spider here in Sweden)

Here we are out playing some evenings last year, I know for sure which 2 cars I would choose without any contest to be honest, without having to be called a badge fanboy please!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Wait, aren't you the guy who came and posted that you bought a 70,000 mile 458 and said it was your first Ferrari.... then many postings later you said that you have had 3 ferrari's and in that posting the first ferrari pre-dated the posting where you said that you just bought your first ferrari....

xfrgtr likes this.
  13. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    No exotic car is a forever keeper. None.

Most people who buy cars above $300,000 generally have multiple. Very rarely do you see any of them who have multiple cars have it from the same marque. They go in and out of other marque's.

The only people I know who are one marque are the one's who have one car at a time and are using it for other purposes (maybe supporting Formula 1 team, involved in the monetary side of things, directly/indirectly (parts suppliers, third party mechanic shops, sales people, rental companies, car clubs, access to lifestyle type activities, etc.). The "other purposes" people are generally the one's who like to cause confusion and talk negatively about one marque or another.

sampelligrino and SoCal to az like this.
  14. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Video 2 of 3. This one is an earlier session. This time I'm in front with 720s. We had some traffic but you can see how easy it is to pass people at a normal track day. (almost had an incident with the Tesla).

15. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yes and I did. And if you go back and look at my post I said own(ed) a 720s. I have been extremely consistant.

Let me ask you this... are you calling me a liar? Point blank. Lets stop dancing around the issue. Are you calling me a liar?

Ill give you a little hint. Im in the business.

I will say this to soften the blow for the mclaren fanboys. That 720s was a rocket ship. Seriously one of the fastest cars I have ever been in. Absolutely the fastest stock car I have ever been in. The car dynamically is CRAZY. You basically have to re-calibrate your brain when you drive it it is so fast. That 720s makes a 488 seem like a pick up truck. Better?

Ash Patel likes this.
  16. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I 100% have experience with the cars I am talking about

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im sure you do. My post wasn't directed at you in anyway, just a general observation.

technom3 likes this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    LOL so true.... but hey did you get the leather vent options and the PTS deveiated stitching on the ash tray? LOL

SoCal to az likes this.
  19. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    Agreed.

I just don't understand how people can think the 488, or any turbocharged motor has no lag at all. Its physics. The turbine is spun by exhaust gas, which it turn compresses fresh air that is then fed into the engine to make power. The same reason why the 1000hp SF90 and McLaren P1 have a battery, its for torque-fill. They are plenty capable of making a 1000hp engine without a battery if turbo lag didn't exist.

On the initial hit from the throttle the 488's 3.9L is still giving you a jolt forward (maybe not as strong as the 4.5 L from the 458, but close), but they slowly trickle in that turbo boost pressure to make the car feel more NA and not give you that sudden abrupt push like other turbo sports cars. Their are threads covering the 488s boost by gear system where the turbos aren't giving you all the power until you shift into the higher gears. Ferrari intentionally neuter it in this way so people don't spin their tires and either a)spin off the road or b)eat up their brakes from traction control kicking in all the time.

Not to say one is better than the other. I enjoy turbo cars as well as NA. I have a 458 and a turbo M3. The F40 is probably the most famous old school Ferrari and that had tons of lag. If you truly want a lagless experience the only option is an electric car... battery discharging power to the wheel at the speed of light.. no combustion process at all.

[​IMG]

ScrappyB likes this.
  20. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I thought I put you on ignore but I had not. Jeeseee where do I begin, let me catch my breath before I respond, or even better let me drive the damn cars and then if I have time respond to you claims towards me I'll get back to you, maybe in a PM to sum it up for you as you are very interested, before I put you on ignore

21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I mean who in their right mind would pick a 600lt over a Pista?

technom3 likes this.
  22. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Someone who wanted to save £150,000, at least OTR, for 98% the car with a far superior monocoque tub

23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Unfortunately the savings will be lost pretty much 2 years in... as they tend to depreciate like a rock

WM458 and Igor Ound like this.
  24. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    lt versions hold value pretty well. and pista will have to be garage queen to hold value. forget resale value if plan on tracking pista while i dont think that would effect mac value much

25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Check the values of a 2 year old 488 and get back to me. Or the values of a 400k F12 4 years later. Or a Lamborghini Aventador after a few years.

All cars depreciate.

sampelligrino, Bundy and IPO1 like this.