My Italian side | FerrariChat

My Italian side

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 78bonanza, Jun 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Since buying my 360 I have this strange desire to listen to Pavarotti , Botticelli, drink Pellegrino and Chianti.
    Think there’s a cause and effect?

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Don't fight it, just go with it and enjoy.

technom3, PhilNotHill, VAF84 and 2 others like this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    LOL.
    Jim - how long have you had your F-car?
    T

absostone and paulchua like this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That's nothing, wait until you start exploring if you can apply for Italian citizenship!

VAF84 and paulchua like this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    When you start talking like an extra from Goodfellas, it’s time to dial it back... the cars have a very strong effect on people, but there’s nothing wrong with it influencing you to start dressing well, eating well, and organising hits on stupid people you would ordinarily find yourself getting annoyed at. Remember, with a Ferrari, you are a true ‘funny guy’

6. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Better take a trip to Modena and Maranello, then explore the hill country above Maranello. Its amazing (biased as my dad's family originates from there), and stop at a few of the trattorias along the Via Giardini. You won't regret it.

VAF84, paulchua and of2worlds like this.
  7. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Just about a month . My dad was a Ferrari guy,

paulchua likes this.
  8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Cool. It's unlikely to get any better. 3+ years in, I have 2 double espressos every morning except the ones I know I'll be driving the F-car.
    Then I cut it back to one! The Cali provides the extra jolt I need to get my day started.

Have fun living the dream. Best...T

Nospinzone likes this.
  9. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    One of the questions asked this week on the forum " What constitutes a super car" my answer garlic. Enjoy your new Italian world.

10. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    daytona355: I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to xxxx amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

daytona355, 375+ and tomc like this.
  11. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I had my F430 for 6 months and started drinking Pellegrino about that time; traded for a 458 last week, and since then I’ve bought several Italian wines I’ve never had before, and the topper...a new expensive espresso machine! What the heck is going on?!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

PhilNotHill, liquid360 and daytona355 like this.
  12. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I do like Italian food, regularly go to Italy (easy being in the UK) and in fact am off to Sicily next week. I've been to Maranello three of four times and as well as being the home of Ferrari it is quite a pretty town (as IMO many Italian towns are).
    I started with Ferrari in 2004 but my ex-wife was less enthusiastic and we carried on holidaying in the US. Since divorce in 2011 and meeting my Fiancee (who loves everything Italian) we now frequent Italy most though did try India last year, the jury is still out on that and I have only done the US on business.
    I also bought Alfa Romeos so the Italian thing with all the above kicked in properly, even my favourite beers are Peroni and (especially) Moretti. We eat an awful lot of Pasta too.
    I don't mind the odd bit of Opera and have always liked "On Days Like These" which although is not Italian it of course features in The Italian Job :p

So yes, blame the car :D

13. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Let me explain something, If your not listening to RUSH / VAN HALEN / EAGLES / STEELY DAN / ALLMAN BROTHERS. you should probably sell your car !! lol // And I am 100 % Italian . Opera Music should be listened to in your tesla or whatever pile of electric garbage Its that simple .

Joshman0531 likes this.
  14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Listening to music in your Ferrari!?! Say it isn't so! That's what the engine is for.

I didn't even know my Cali had a CD player until my wife found it while we were out for a drive. My F-car is climbing in miles, but the radio remains in "as new" condition.

T

Nospinzone and daytona355 like this.
  15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Doesn't explain my life long love for Pizza. :)

ginoBBi512 and daytona355 like this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You know you are a proper Sicilian Italian when you pull up at mammas house in the middle of the night, having just sorted out a problem, and eat pasta with mamma before going back out to bury the evidence.... until then, you are just an Italian

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sorry, had to delete Italian. Per my grandmother, when correcting me as a child, "We are not Italian, we are Sicilian!".
    T

ginoBBi512 and daytona355 like this.
  18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yeah, I was trying to help everyone else that thinks we are all one country...... my family was the same... hated Italians, especially Romans! They called us zips and worse

tomc and ginoBBi512 like this.
  19. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    As far a Pizza goes, 1 is too many, and 1000 is never enough !! lol Especially if the Pizza is from New Haven

20. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The worst option in my 612 is the iPod connection. My wife still uses hers and sometimes she insists on connecting it. :(

Plus you know what I hate? Every time I start my car the radio automatically comes on and then I have to shut it off.

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    An iPod?!? I didn't know they still made those!

T

22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Next year she's thinking of turning in her rotary dial phone for one of those new fangled touch tone phones! :D

23. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I always loved pasta and Chianti, so that hasn’t changed. But my long lost love for F1 was rekindled (loved it as a kid, but gave up on it after seeing too many of my heroes killed).

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lol. Maybe upgrade the 8-track player to a cassette player while she's at it?
    T

25. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    I have no radio or speakers in the 355 and I don’t listen to the radio in the California, so that covers opera etc. My wife is full Sicilian so there’s that... it’s truly a lifestyle and like it or not you are now an expert to all of those who are not owners but have questions. One more thing, when folks want pics, it’s not you, it’s the car.

ginoBBi512 likes this.