488 - Chris Harris compares Pista to 600LT | Page 7 | FerrariChat

488 Chris Harris compares Pista to 600LT

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BCHOW

BCHOW Rookie

Jun 30, 2005
    Burlingame, CA
    Full Name:
    Benson
    Agreed!
    At least in Race mode which is the way I drive have No lag at all.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    There you go:
    "i'm in the business"...

So you owned it not as an owner but a re-seller.

It's funny to me when people go bonkers over Mclaren owner comments... especially when the mclaren owners also own Ferrari's. Who has less bias? Person owning a Mclaren and a Ferrari or a person owning only one of the two?

3. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    #153 exoticcardreamer, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Part 3 of the video and in line with the title of this thread.

My observations:

Pista and 720s are faster then 600 LT in a straight line and around a track.

No one is cross shopping a Pista and a 600 LT (different price points and although the intended purpose is the same, the 600 LT will be seen on tracks much more then a Pista will be.)

600 LT cross shopping is with a GT3RS (closer in price range).

Turbo Lag - don't know what anyone is talking about. Main thing I feel is ESC intervention (even in track/track esc dynamic mode). You will lose much more speed out of corners in a higher gear when compared to 720 and Pista. I saw another 600 LT whose brakes briefly flashed as it was cresting in front of me past the start/finish line. He wasn't braking but ESC was intervening.

720s and Pista also were having ESC intervention coming onto the front straight. Something I feel and observed when I was at the start/finish line while watching the Pista and 720s getting on full power early (both had their hazard lights flashing briefly) until they were almost straight.

Sorry for the bad quality of video. The important statistics are there (speed, gear, acceleration, braking). I did a screen record using windows 10 and it didn't come out so well (sound that is). Better to watch/listen to it on mute.

4. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It's generally not a problem to question the consistency of another user's postings if done politely. However, it's also a part of that courtesy to pay enough attention to get it right.

First Ferrari claimed was a yellow 458 in 2016

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/my-first-ferrari.511613/

He later says the first one was a problem car, that he sold after summer 2016. He has a couple of threads in 2016 describing various problems.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/weird-noise-from-passenger-seat-458-comfort-seats.519832/

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/alternator-failure-on-the-458-please-help.519790/

As a result, he claimed 2 others in his ownership history by march 2018.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145885958/

His later posts show a white 458.

I'm not finding anything inconsistent about his posts.

Shadowfax and Ash Patel like this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Please. But I'll save my comments for the PR section about this ding dong.

Back to Mac/F-car talk--the upcoming 7xxLT will kill the Pista (I have a very good feeling).

Comparing 600LT to Pista is silly.

One is $260K one is $500K. Dumb.

sampelligrino and Ash Patel like this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    This I agree.

IPO1 likes this.
  8. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I apologize.

Oct 11, 2017
    I have had 2 458s, the first one I had was late 2011 build with the upgraded handlig package for 2012 - no pops and gear box not lurky at all
    My recent 458, an early 2011 - alot of pops and bang but the gearbox can be lurky sometimes, would still prefer this one because of the pops and bangs :)

Jan 17, 2018
    I actually also had this kind of nightmares coming back and forth of selling my 458 or switching it back to an R8, but then waking up and really embracing life :)

Mar 22, 2018
    That is really a sad story for sure and I would also loose all confidence in the brand if the same happened to me. My first (of three) 458s had it's parts of issues and in one summer (the Swedish summer lasts around 5 months) it was at the dealership almost 3 months, and then I sold it, as I lost the confidence in the car. Switched to R8 and Porsches but could not get the same scence of occasion so switched back.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #159 Shadowfax, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    So Chris Harris doesn't know what he is talking about re the lag? Seriously?. He's one guy who I personally couldn't imagine passing those types of comments in the course of providing a review, driving the car with all the nannies on and saying it's laggy. Bottom line here exotic is lag is lag. It is what it is my friend. 600lt is laggy nannies or no nannies. End of story on that. Maybe it's even more laggy with nannies on - don't know don't care as I don't like lag like that w or w/o nannies.

I also didn't get the impression anyone here was saying 600 was a bad car or unworthy to buy. I just read comments from an owner here who had quality issues - no surprise on that really as I've also seen and experienced quality issues with my own eyes. There were others here commenting after sampling the car, finding it wanting against what they are used to (myself) or, was expecting from a car like this. These comments should not be seen as a crime or raining on any 600 owners parade. It is a chat forum after all.

And on this point of lag, essentially you are suggesting most here - with exception of yourself - don't know how to drive properly hence wouldn't know what day it was when it comes to being able to identify lag and esc control kicking in. Not sure if I agree with you there exotic. Not everyone is hopeless.

I guess ultimately the tell all will be if CH buys one....which I very much doubt.....but am always happy to stand corrected on that.

And I think the comparison against Pista is fair given the claims of 600's superiority in certain areas. Price shouldn't be the sole basis for any comparo or review imo. Clearly the 600 has a better steering feel than Pista in the hands of certain pros who've driven both and reported that, but the steering feel isn't the only metric behind a persons decision which to buy. I think physically both cars have a strong presence and have strong straight line performance numbers so it's a worthy fight esp given certain claims 600 has the better balanced chassis.

Ash Patel likes this.
  10. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wellllll.ok:p

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Now I no THAT not gonna happen.

A friend of mine has a 600LT that he let me drive. Yes it was fast as hell and had extremely tight steering. It just felt very......bland though. Too Mercedes like. It had no “Joi de Vivre”

It’s an extremely capable car ...for someone else. It had no Italian spirit.

What’s that about opinions and *******s?

IPO1 and SoCal to az like this.
  12. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Hmmmm, just checked the value of my Speciale vs a 600 LT.....

.....u were saying...

MANDALAY likes this.
  13. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    On the topic of resale values i'll be the first to stand corrected and admit Ferrari is on very shaky ground - shocked me the depreciation on 488. Horrific. Doubt a Mac could be much worse even though I'm assured it is. I think whatever credibility Ferrari had on having a superior resale is out the window so far as I'm concerned. I mean how much worse could a Mac be.. hmm although after that awful beating on 488 I'm still not sure if I want to go there and find out just in case it really is worse. I'm not sure if my backside could take another beating like the one Ferrari gave me. I truly feel sorry for those lining up for SF90 - now that one will require an ambulance and hospital treatment.

15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Speciale is well, special. It has done extremely well. Could be the last Ferrari to hold as well as it has in a long time.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'd agree with that, but even Speciale is clearly looking like its glory days are well and truly over now. If I was holding onto one in hope of it appreciating, now would be the time to pull the ripcord and take what you can get. The best time to have unloaded would have been a year or so back.

17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Ohh I owned it. I drove it. I was really looking forward to driving it and it exceeded my expectations in driving Dynamics. Unfortunately it's fit and finish was poor in some areas.

Sorry to hurt your feeling fanboy. I'm glad you liked it but I don't understand why you are so toxic on here about this. Not sure what your problem is. And if you are going to be like this... Why are you even on here.

So there you go you have my first hand experience you tried calling me out and it didn't work. So now the insult is that I'm in the business and I'm bias. To be honest I don't really care what you think. You are acting like a child.

18. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Glad you also see his ways of approaching some chatters on this forum, I am in agreement with what you feel 100% and frankly a bit sad because I think I contribute to this forum with knowledge, and this is what you get :(

That is the thing, he is jumping on everyone who does not share his opinion, just look at my post and then he jumped on me responding with no relevance to the thread or to my post at all. I did not even say anything negative about Mcl in my post if "bargain of the century" is somehow offensive. And now commenting that Mclaren owners own Ferraris (plural) as well, which is off course not always the case.

I think it is very easy to sit behind the keyboard with an alias (I am not on an alias but my real name as I have nothing to hide or afraid of anyone or anything) pointing fingers at others without hesitation or think twice about what you post. I don't think this would happen if you met someone face to face.

MANDALAY and SoCal to az like this.
  19. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I am the first to admit when I am wrong and it should be 2 458s so off course that was written wrong. I want to take the opportunity to apologise to any member who I miss lead with this information (3 instead of 2)

I also want to thank the moderator for stepping in.

But I get a weird feeling in my gut from your post as if all you do is searching Ferrari-chat - detective style calling people out

MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  20. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    The Senna doesn't kill the Pista, quicker yes very slightly, if it will kill the Pista do you think McLaren will have the LT match or even beat the Senna ?

I look forward to the answer on this one from McLaren.

21. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Or it might not...

Look you’re talking to a guy who had my Speciale 5 years and SWORE I’d never sell it.

It was the last of the NA breed, the purest Ferrari in years, the best sounding blah blah blah blah.

Then I saw a Pista in the flesh in Europe and was offered one by my dealer.

Arguments folded like a cheap suit.

After tracking one last week my decision was strongly confirmed. As good as the Speciale is, it’s no Pista! And the Pista by far prettier !

Igor Ound likes this.
  22. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Where did I say anything about Senna?

I'm talking a nice head to head with soon to be 7XXLT which will be a REAL comparison (price and purpose wise) with Pista.

I could careless who 'wins' (whatever that means), I'm merely stating a 600LT is not a fair fight.

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Every super car enthusiast should be grateful and inspired by the fact that there now exists serious and diverse choices to consider owning. The competition benefits us all since complacency on behalf of the manufacturers has been eroded and caused them all to up their game. I could not be more pleased.

24. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Now that was funny.

25. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    I agree with the above, why people wouldn't want Mclaren to be putting out a great car or be in denial of what they have done so far (flawed or not) is beyond me. Competition will improve the products Ferrari and others offer as well. Period.

Ash Patel, SoCal to az and IPO1 like this.