Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 63 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Lovely; just not with the black roof. Convertible wannabe.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Roland1688, stavura and perrinnation like this.
  3. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    I’m loving the Stradale more and more with each image. I really want to see it sitting next to the Tributo. I think they are far more different than I initially imagined.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

stavura, F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  5. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's actually a very interesting montage. I see the 720S and Aventador are design extremes, with the former very aquatic, all curves with no sharp edges; the latter all angular like a knife with basically no curved, flowing elements. The Ferrari cars and maybe the 570S have some features of both. They are all gorgeous cars in their own way.

I'm not a huge fan of large side vents so prefer the look of the 720S and Huracan. That is probably why I prefer the 488/SF90/LaF (as well as the Porsche 911 TS and GT2/3RS, and the McLaren Senna) in black as it minimizes those engine air intakes.

6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I just think that the SF90 with 750 hp would have replaced the 488 and no one would have batted an eye. It just doesn't look like a flagship. It does look more exotic than an F8, but that's because the F8 is such a half-assed model to milk a few more years of 488 parts.

SF90 is what the F8 should have been in terms of design. The SF90 was rumored to be like a "spaceship." It should have been. It should have been something more extreme.

7. ferrarifan83

ferrarifan83 Rookie

Feb 25, 2010
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Just out of curiosity does anybody know how much torque the Stradale produces? Ferrari has the hp listed on their website but their is no torque figure listed and I have looked everywhere online and can't find anything.

8. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Rear end looking much better in the most recent pics. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and Maggio23 like this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    590 ft-lb at 6000 rpm.
    Price for the additional horsepower is a torque peak much higher up the rev range compared to F8 Tributo, Stradale’s considerable 590 lb. ft. of torque arriving at a screaming 6000 rpm rather than at the much lower 3250 rpm of the F8 Tributo. Because the three electric motors provide instant-on and virtually silent torque at zero rpm—what is called “torque fill” in such hybrid hypercars, the electric motors filling in the low-end torque deficit—Ferrari was free to create a real screamer of a gas engine. Ferrari invested considerable attention to the exhaust system to deliver a fine musical instrument, a trait I consider every bit as important in a sports car as outright performance. Stradale should deliver a soaring libretto, like Cecilia Bartoli on her finest night.:eek:

10. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    No, its sounds crapier than the Pista.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  11. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    In contrast to the real pictures of the car, here in this picture the middle part of the front splitter which points upwards to the nose is painted in body colour and is not made not in visible carbon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    A nice touch. Should be standard.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. OneD

OneD Karting

Mar 18, 2012
    Has someone tried to compare SF90STRADALE with F8 Tributo so as to have an idea of respective sizes ?

perrinnation likes this.
  14. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    I agree that it is a strawman fallacy. Laferrari was clearly more thought-out in design. While it was not a minimal design by any mean, its details are clean and cohesive compared to the hot mess of SF90. The black roof makes the already busy design absolutely awful. There are a few things I like about SF90 but I don't think I can say this car is pretty.
    Imo there are too many confusing details at both front and back of the car that don't harmonize with each other. I keep trying to find a nice angle to like the look of this car but so far maybe only the profile view is acceptable.

15. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric

Butterfly doors would have been really, really nice on the SF90 Stradale. In this pic the conventional doors look huge when open!

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I keep thinking the front is the least successfully designed area of this car. Maybe the overhang is too long; makes it look like a bit of a banana

17. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK

18. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK

MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  19. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Can’t find the combined torque figure of ICE and e-motor. Only the ICE at 800Nm or 590lb ft at 6,000rpm.

20. ZorroPlateado

ZorroPlateado Rookie

Jul 29, 2013
    UK
    Does it matter?

Have you seen the video of Vettel blasting the car around Fiorano? He was smiling and giggling. Vettel, the glum German with a far more potent SF90 company car was having fun in the SF90 Stradale.

Now, if I could get a video of him in a Pista perhaps we could compare the relative angles at edge of the smile in order to get a $$$ per degree figure so that we could have a single reference with which to make a scientific judgement on the relative value of different models.

The looks, the exclusivity, the technology, how it drives etc are all subjective measures on aspects of the car that we use to judge satisfaction of ownership. If it boils down to Ibs/ft we should be buying a pack of top trumps cards.

s

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.