“High” mileage F12? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

“High” mileage F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrariski, Mar 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Timonous

Timonous Rookie

Oct 28, 2017
    Estonia
    My f12 had 60000km about 38000 miles when I sold it. Any issues what so ever.

2. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I can't believe that the Ferrari market and the demands of the Ferrari buyers has gotten so ridiculous, that people are asking if 27 000 miles is a high mileage...

3. Texascarguy

Texascarguy Rookie

Apr 14, 2019
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Thomas Tyrrell
    I think the max retail price is 175. Everyone thinks they’ll keep the car forever but you will want another. Super small market with that mileage. It’s gotta be a deal

4. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    It's always been that way in the Ferrari world. Anything north of 20k miles is considered high. And it's not about whether the car can take it or not. It's simply supply and demand.

Ferrari is producing more cars each year, which means the market is softening and their are more lower mileage cars available for buyers to choose. I just went thru this exercise with my 23k mile FF. Although the car was in better condition than any used FF I've ever seen (including the interior which was literally like new), the mileage made people choose lower mileage cars for slightly more money. The dealer that bought my car got an absolute steal and was blown away when he saw the condition of the car. It's a shame it didn't go to a buyer here on F-chat.

5. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Its all a pricing issue as others have said. The market will pay more for lower mileage cars. The F12 is solid and will last much more the 27K. Purchase price should be according to condition and mileage is just one of the factors to consider. My 612 has 43K on her now. Certainly not "worthless" but one in the same physical condition but with less miles will sell for more. An F12 is not an "investment" car over the long run so do your homework on pricing and buy what you will enjoy driving.

6. seateddime

seateddime Karting

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Mine has under 2,000 on it and when I tried to trade it in they wanted to give me $215,000. It’s still in my garage.

Don’t buy a 27,000 car IMHO.

Thecadster likes this.
  7. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Im not sure what to say about that 27000 miles on a Ferrari which is supposed to be a flagship machine for the factory ? My 328 has 102,000 miles and it still pulls like new So my response would be R U KIDDING ? or are you really serious ? If you cant beat the piss out of this car for 200,000 miles without something going wrong then there really is something wrong at Ferrari just my 2 bits opinion\

PS maybe thats why Ferrari are getting their teeth kicked in at F1

Thank you

GeeDubb, otakki, MDEL and 5 others like this.
  8. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i'd say these cars are so well built that mileage is just a number. i'd be more concerned with the condition of the interior/exterior. and at 27000 miles you're not going to think twice about driving it. imagine if you paid $50k more for a car with 2,000 miles and you were too scared to drive it? how fun would that be?

GeeDubb, obbob, otakki and 2 others like this.
  9. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Well 'Seatedtime', it sounds like you keep your F12 only as eye-candy ... I prefer being out there and enjoy it! In the end, you can't take it with you and it is not an investment car thus will depreciate.

otakki and day355 like this.
  10. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    It so funny: Porsche drivers are always proud on how many miles their cars have driven. Ferrari drivers are proud when they didn't drove their cars.

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    To be more correct, Ferrari BUYERS are more proud to select a care with lower miles. Ferrari owners hate to not drive them for whatever reason. I guess Porsche drivers need something to be proud of so it might as well be high mileage. :)

12. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    What's everyone's thoughts on buying a later year F12 with 25K miles?

13. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    That it depends on the car's condition, that has nothing to do with the mileage :)

14. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Mileage alone, imho, tells you nothing. How the previous owner drove the car and how it was maintained tells you much more.

I’d prefer a properly maintained 27.000 mile F12 than a garage queen, filled with cold starts and/or tracked, with only 2 or 3.000 miles on the odo.

Buying low mileage cars is extremely overrated, imho. They’re more expensive, and potentially a maintenance bomb in your hands. If you do nothing, don’t drive the car, few if any things can go wrong. Start driving it, as it always should be driven, and it will catch up to you.

As with most things in life, the sweetspot is somewhere in the middle: not 2.000 miles, nor 80.000. If you really want an extremely low mileage car, why not spec one from the factory to begin with?

I never disqualify a car based on mileage alone. Optional equipment, color spec, history, PPI are much, much more important.

The F12 is a wonderful Grand Tourer. By definition, Grand Tourers were made to be driven long distances in extreme comfort. You can’t expect to find low mileage cars forever. And if you do, it means the car was used not in the way and purpose Ferrari manufactured it in the first place. Is that really a plus?

Buy whatever you like and makes sense to you. My advice? Don’t get caught up on numerical psychological barriers like mileage.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

GeeDubb and rumen1 like this.