Hamilton has won 51.7% of his races in the past five years. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Hamilton has won 51.7% of his races in the past five years.

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Jun 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't really pay attention to Mercedes during the races now. (Seems like the TV directors don't, either.) There is still entertainment in watching the mid-level teams. I still get a kick out of seeing what Grosjean and Haas are doing. And Kvyat has been on a tear this year, that after he was booted out for being a wrecker.

DF1 likes this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Exactly.... but watch out, we aren’t allowed to state actual facts that don’t sway in favour of Elton or the report button gets smashed.

Please note that the views expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect nor imply that they are those of FChat or its affiliates. They are personal reflections only

3. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    75.93%, if you eliminate 2017 and 2018, it is 88.06% pretty astonishing dominance by Mercedes of the turbo-hybrid era.

classic308, Bas, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    AMG Mercedes/Pirelli/Petronas have one hell of a record the last few years eh?

Please note that the views expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect nor imply that they are those of FChat or its affiliates. They are personal reflections only

Bas likes this.
  5. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Yes they do. Like it or not (and I know you can't stand it) they're making F1 history.

william, ktu and ATBNM3 like this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Mercedes I can stand, they built a great car. It’s those that think that the muppet Elton is the only reason they win that I don’t understand. Whoever is deemed team leader for Mercedes will win every championship from 2014 thru 2020, it was written in stone as soon as the formula in this regulation span started. Mercedes have bought the championships, and the FIA and Liberty, rather than address the damage they have done with pandering to Merc, continue to pander to them and protect the artificial advantages they have been given. By the time the format is revised, f1 will be millions of fans down, and the laughing stock of motorsport

Please note that the views expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect nor imply that they are those of FChat or its affiliates. They are personal reflections only, and certainly not aimed in any way at any FChat member personally

classic308 and stavura like this.
  7. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    No one thinks Hamilton is the only reason Mercedes wins. I defy you to find one person on here who's said that.

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There’s rather a lot of you actually.... or are you saying he isn’t the reason the world spins and Mercedes wins? No way...... his fans will cast you out from their number, look out :)

Please note that the views expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect nor imply that they are those of FChat or its affiliates. They are personal reflections only, and certainly not aimed in any way at any FChat member personally

stavura likes this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    It was mentioned that if Lewis would have driven the Ferrari it would have been the Ferrari that won the title in the last 2 years. So that does mean that you guys said the Mercedes won because Lewis was driving it rather than the Ferrari so you value Lewis' input more than the one of Mercedes.. and I think different, put Seb, Max or Ricciardo on the Mercedes and it still would have been Mercedes winning because I think the car does make more difference than the driver!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So basically what you are trying to say is put anybody in the Senna's Mclaren and they would win the championships, and put Hakkinanen or Montoya in the Ferrari they could have won the championships?

11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 agree

+1 the car is 90% of the equation.

fil, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No, I did mention absolutely nothing of that because none of this was the theme... why are you always trying to distract by putting words into other people's mouth?

fil, daytona355, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Was the car 90% of the equation in his earlier championships - carting, Formula A, GP2 ?

william likes this.
  14. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well that’s not a convincing line of argument to follow. On that basis even Stroll ranks highly! Try again.

stavura, fil, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Ferrari won multiple championships, it was set in stone , Ross and Todt controlled F1. Who ever became the #1 driver would have won the championships

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    That sounds like a no, i'm not sure... when did Stroll win a GP2 championship?

william likes this.
  17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    What has a GP2 championship to do with winning the title in the Mercedes???
    Would you stay on the theme at least once?

stavura, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Your argument is pointless. GP2 has been won by a whole range of mid pack drivers. Here’s a selection for you:

Timo Glock, Giorgio Pantano, Hulkenberg, Maldonado, Grosjean, Jolyon Palmer, Vandoorne.

Try again.

19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Thats great, just wanted to get the Stroll part corrected

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I bet you did ;)

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

stavura likes this.
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #71 daytona355, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Where do you get that from? In 2005, the FIA made us accept regulation changes to remove our competitiveness, and during our best years, frequently teams were able to challenge and beat us, and only the teams dedication to testing and development won us our championships

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Completely wrong... without Michael testing the car working his ass off making Browns strategy calls work the Ferrari would have won just as much as the 19 years before.... you are making up stuff to try and tell us the Lewis did as much as Michael for the car which is not true if you ask any insider of F1 about the Ferrari years

classic308 likes this.
  23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
  25. Igor Ound