Sold - 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider 6 Speed | FerrariChat

Sold 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider 6 Speed

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by davenichols, Jun 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davenichols

davenichols Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    2001 360 Spider in highly desirable TDF BLUE with a tan interior. Not only is this Spider the right colour combination, its also a highly desired gated car as well. With 24,000 miles from new, this 360 has spent the last half its life in Canada, being used only during the best months of the year, the rest of the time being kept in a climate controlled environment. Extensive service history in the last 30 months total $44,000 (Canadian), all performed at Ferrari of Ontario (receipts available). Included in this amount is most recently a brand new factory top which was installed in April 2019. The side shields are the correct type, but are not original to the car, and can be easily removed if you desired. A Tubi muffler was installed to make the 6 speed experience even more enjoyable.
    Please email me directly at "[email protected]" if you would like to discuss this car, as I don't check messages on here too often. Asking price is $99,000 US. Importing back into the USA is very easy, and ads 2.5% to the invoice price.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

e46m3, Bigilo, Thomas Magnum and 6 others like this.
  2. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Damn thats a nice looking color/spec! Wish I had more garage space!

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Is this a US-spec car originally sold in the US? Your post is written as if it is. "...spent last half its life in Canada" and then "Importing back into the USA..."

The only reason I ask is that you mention a 2.5% import tax for bringing into the US. If the car was originally sold in the US and exported later, it is not subject to import tax a second time as long as the owner can prove it was already sold in the US before. That would increase the number of people you could sell the car to here in the US that otherwise would not want to deal with an import tax.

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car

absostone likes this.
  4. davenichols

BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    #4 davenichols, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Hi,

Yes, the car was originally sold in the USA and is US DOT and EPA compliant.

According to US Customs (what they told me), if the car was imported into Canada more that 24 months ago, which it was, they asses the "import duty" when it returns, considering it a new import into the US.

A couple years ago I traded in a 2012 Cayman R to a dealer in SC that was purchased in NC about 2.5 years prior, and they assessed that car the 2.5% when it returned.

As far as proof of US registration, I don't think we have anything because we are not the original importers into Canada, but if it comes down to it I can see if anything is available from Canada Customs or the RIV (registry of imported vehicles) who will have a copy of the title. If they provide it to me will be the question.

I hope this clears up any questions.

technom3 and perrinnation like this.
  5. davenichols

BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    PRICE REDUCTION..........REDUCED TO $92,900!!!!!!!!!
    New Car arriving soon...........

6. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    If I didn’t already have mine, I’d have yours....

Gorgeous car!

7. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Beautiful 360 Dave

8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

I have never not payed the import tax. Even if a car was only in Canada for 3 months with copies of the us title etc...

They have always always always charged.

Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Caphill likes this.
  9. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    same here

technom3 likes this.
  10. davenichols

BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Reduced to $86,000!!!!!!!!!

LUV4RE likes this.
  11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    amazing you can buy that kind of art for under 90k!