I'm Back, After Cheating... | FerrariChat

I'm Back, After Cheating...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ZaifaDDS, Jun 26, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZaifaDDS

ZaifaDDS Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Huzefa
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login I decided to take the plunge again into Ferrari ownership, after cheating with a Huracan, and an Aventador. I initially started with a 2008 430, which sadly was totaled after only 5 days of owning the car. That took place in August 2013.

Few years later bought a 2012 458 Italia Coupe, which was sweet. Love the 458 design and sound. Annoyed with little stuff like outdated tech, but that's ok, it's a Ferarri, what do you expect?

Went to an '15 Huracan and eventually '15 Aventador. Fun cars, but Huracan just felt it was missing something. And Aventador drives like crap, great for flossing though.

Now I went for a 2017 488 Spider, Rossa Corsa/Nero Interior. And so far, it's one of my favorite cars. Top down driving, even in Michigan is quite enjoyable. It's been a long time since I've had a convertible. Updated tech is great.
    Design exterior wise, I like the lines and the more aggressive look. The only car I've lost control in has been the 458 Coupe in Race Mode. And that was very scary.
    So far in the 488, Race Mode, seems to handle much better. Sound is of course not as good as a 458, but as far as Turbos go, sounds pretty spectacular when driven hard or aggressive. The 488 is quiet in 7th gear at lower speeds and feels very easy to drive. And doesn't have a constant drone as the 458 on longer road trips.
    I do feel the 458 is a classic design, and Ferarri killed it when the 458 was released. Hard shoes to fill, but the 488 is a blast to drive. Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Have lots of fun and enjoy in good health!

ZaifaDDS likes this.
  3. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    We did similar choices :)

In the middle I had Huracan and Huracan Perfrormante. Avenatdor, which I love, was not my choice because od dimensions and single clucth. How did you liked it compared to Huracan?

You'll love 488 Spider and it will took a while to get used to the differences in driving compared to Lambo ;)

ZaifaDDS likes this.
  4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Congrats and enjoy her!

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Love the car, enjoy BUT the house is spectacular !

ZaifaDDS likes this.
  6. ZaifaDDS

ZaifaDDS Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Huzefa
    So far I do love the 488 Spider! I do wish at times it was louder, but that's it's only weakness in my eyes. Otherwise I love it!

Principissimo likes this.
  7. ZaifaDDS

ZaifaDDS Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Huzefa
    Thank you , you're very kind. I had to sell my Aventador and a Royal Oak Offshore, so I could put a decent downpayment on the house. Now I wear an Apple Watch :)

sampelligrino, Ash Patel and MANDALAY like this.
  8. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Lambo's sound is way better ;)
    But, being a turbo, 488 has a good sound ;)

ZaifaDDS likes this.
  9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Amazing house. Big congrats on your 488. I love my 580-2 and the NA V10. Sound is very important to me and why I passed on my 488 spider allocation. May revisit the 488 after depreciation in the future to see if I still feel the same.

ZaifaDDS likes this.
  10. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    Congratulations and enjoy it in good health. The 488 is a very special car that will surpass the test of time and deliver many miles of enjoyment.

Jordan68 and ZaifaDDS like this.
  11. ZaifaDDS

ZaifaDDS Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Huzefa
    Thank you! Yes totally understand, NA engines are quite special in sound, and in my opinion a turbo sound cannot surpass it. Also I felt the 430 was one of my favorite sounding F engines. 458 was the 2nd best. These are vehicles I've heard in person of course. Lambos do have a nice sound, although I feel quite different than the NA 430/458.

Surfah likes this.
  12. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Congrats and you look familiar...EddieX?

ZaifaDDS likes this.
  13. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    you said it best:

the 488 is a more refined experience, easy to drive, and quieter/relaxing when cruising around town, and race mode does a better job of keeping you in check. Although race mode in the 458 seems to have a good balance of letting you have fun and still reeling you in when making a mistake. I personally just leave my 458 in CT off.

congrats

ZaifaDDS likes this.
  14. ZaifaDDS

ZaifaDDS Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Huzefa
    Hey there! Yes I did a few YouTube Videos with EddieX on the Aventador and how my Ford Explorer is just as good as the Range Rover :) Looking forward to doing a few more videos. I'll have to mention to Eddie, he's the most famous person I know now :)

SLDriver likes this.
  15. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Welcome back... 488 is just amazing I am using it as my DD and everyday I enjoy just driving it

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

ZaifaDDS likes this.
  16. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Hah, the power of YT and social media. I enjoy his channel, he's a straight shooter and doesn't pretend to be someone he isn't which isn't the case with a lot of automotive YT'bers.