Current shock rebuilders | FerrariChat

Current shock rebuilders

Discussion in '348/355' started by CVJR, Jun 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CVJR

CVJR Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    Baltimore/ Wash DC
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Hello, has anyone had their 355 stock shocks rebuilt/ overhauled recently? I’m in the midst of an engine out service (‘95 Berlinetta), one of the rears is leaking, so time to rebuild. My searches are turning up decade old references without contact info. Thanks for your replies.

2. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was in the process of trying to get Bilstein to do it but had to stop as I wanted to drive the car. I can email you what information I have.
    They didn't seem familiar with the shock but were willing to look it all over.
    Which is confusing as people had them rebuilt by them before, but I think it was their European arm.

4. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I checked the site.. they seem good. and says they are authorized Bilstein rebuilders etc..

the site does not show any pricing.. would be curious.. do you know what they charged your friend per corner for the TR shocks..?

5. CVJR

CVJR Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    Baltimore/ Wash DC
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Paul, any additional info would help. [email protected]

I also see Delta Vee in MI will rebuild, but there time to complete is 6 weeks to 4 months. I tried to call them; all you get is a reference to e-mailing sales. Which I did, but no reply so far.

6. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Gosh he told me but I don’t remember exact, I want to say 1200 bucks for the 2 fronts.

7. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    At that point why not just get new Konis for ~$490ea?

8. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Sorry, I meant that’s what he roughly paid for the REAR shocks not the front.

9. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I was thinking of changing out my OEM shocks on my 91 348 to possibly a QA1 but have found myself a bit stumped on getting a correct match. Does anyone know the stock specs and spring rates etc?

10. CVJR

CVJR Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    Baltimore/ Wash DC
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Boxcarracer: can you elaborate on replacing stock sensor shocks with Konis all around on a 355?

11. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Ahh, the TR post threw me off.
    My post was for the 348, sorry for the confusion.

12. CVJR

CVJR Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    Baltimore/ Wash DC
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Thanks all for your replies. Given the vagary of turnaround time from the two US rebuilders I could find, I decided to buy two new ones from Eurospares.
    About $1,865 before shipping. Part of my decision based on my Ferrari tech's very full schedule and work bays, have to respect his time. Will probably sell the old pair (and only one leaks) on line after the engine out service is done to recoup a few bucks.