FORMULA 1 MYWORLD GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MYWORLD GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Can we ban the FIA from Monza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

F1 is turning into basketball.

Watch the start/tip off.
    Tune back in again for the final 2 laps/2mins.

Sit back and watch the stewards/refs **** everything up......

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It’s all about the show. Rules are a “flexible yardstick”. They made a decision based on not further igniting the majority of the F1 fan base. Politics is creating a nightmare season for LeClerc. I really feel for him and hope he gets a fair shake at some point.

I “get” the decision, but this one may be even more precedent-setting than Vettel’s.

It was a no-win situation for the FIA, so they choose the path with the lesser amount of vitriol

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee

Jakuzzi, Guegangster, stavura and 4 others like this.
  5. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Glad the victory stands, Leclerc is my favorite driver but to win in the stewards office is no way to win. Pleased to see Ferrari will not appeal, let the drivers race or just shut down F1. Canada is a lame decision, but let AMG Mercedes enjoy that hollow victory now that their perfect season is thankfully over.

stavura, walnut, Bas and 3 others like this.
  6. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    YES, today's decision is definitely more precedent-setting! Kamikaze passing on the inside, forcing the outside (alongside) driver completely off-track ... with CONTACT ... is now allowed ... ??

I feel bad for LeClerc, as well. The kid has talent, and poise ... a rare combination.

daytona355, Nortonious, kandi and 2 others like this.
  7. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Right, my bad, there are no politics in F1. Sorry. :(

Jakuzzi likes this.
  8. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Good thing I am not on the grid in Silverstone or you’d see a demolition derby

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I almost forgot about Mercedes...

“Sorry we had a fight in the middle of your black panther party...” forest Gump

Robb

10. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    My very thoughts.

Dive down the inside ... with no concern for appropriate braking, the racing line or apex ... and just bump the outside/alongside guy off the track, completely. That's how you corner, that's how you pass! That's real racing, baby!

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Well, there's consistency in F1 rule decisions -- if it screws a Ferrari driver, it's legal.

Jakuzzi, stavura, daytona355 and 5 others like this.
  12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'd like them to become WDCs first. Seems to be increasingly difficult at Ferrari with three former F1 champions in recent years who couldn't pull it off.

sampelligrino likes this.
  13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Not coherent, as usual. I had some faith in that they had decided to adhere strictly to the letter of the law: maybe I don´t like it, but at least you know what to expect. But it seems they´ve changed their mind again. More BS to come.

Anyway, I almost prefer it that way: the team and Leclerc deserve a better victory.

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Charles could be happy not to be excluded from the WDC like another prominent Ferrari driver

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  15. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    All I know is I would be making a beeline for Max without warning or mercy lol. Let’s let the FIA interpret that

daytona355 and werewolf like this.
  16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Whichever way I look at it, it seems to me that Ferrari was "robbed" of victory for the last 2GPs.
    In Montréal, strict application of the rules after an off-track excursion lost Vettel a (probable) win.
    In Spielberg, non-application of the rules following a controversial move cost Leclerc his first GP win.
    It's not a good time to be a tifosi, for sure !

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Huh???
    I thought the stewards are always right...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Pointless in the current atmosphere ...

sampelligrino likes this.
  19. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Didn’t watch the race , just watched the highlights , Max’s pass is pretty good , I am glad he didn’t get penalized . As we have all been saying , too many rules and they need to be simplified and altered to allow these guys to race each other . At the moment , it is a whine gallery , F1 drivers are competing with football players for prima Dona status , will complain about the slightest thing .

ATBNM3 and AbarthDave1 like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep, I think we will see more of this in future.

The stewards' decision today have created a precedent that risk being invoked as a defense in future.

21. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Inconsistency in the application of rules and standards is not only an F1 thing but a fact of life in general.

Case in point is Charles Leclerc. Had Lewis Hamilton behaved the way CL did on the podium he would be getting roasted every which way to Sunday yet with CL you don't hear a peep. Consistency from the fans? Why should the rule makers be any better?

That said the incident could be dissected by lawyers frame by frame to rule a culprit or it can be seen as a racing incident where in the end the much faster driver won the day (this is said as a strong Ferrari fan and not the biggest fan of Max). Yes Ferrari got screwed in Canada but in Austria they got beat straight up.

classic308 likes this.
  22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The decision is fair.

This was never Charles victory to begin with. If it hadn't happened in that turn, Max would have passed him ten more times later. Ferrari and Leclerc should be happy to walk away with 2nd place and having beaten the Mercs.

subirg, ktu, ATBNM3 and 3 others like this.
  23. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
    Never forget to explain all those decisions : Mercedes want to and will employ Verstapen

24. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    After Max’s troubled race start that was a storming drive. Congrats on the victory!

The LeClerc pass was definitely fair. Max went to the inside and clearly had the corner. For some unknown reason Leclerc chose to tough it out round the outside of the curve exit and put his car into a place where it should not have been. He should have backed off instead of hitting Verstappen. I’m actually surprised the stewards didn’t slam leclerc with causing a collision. Max was totally innocent.

As for Gasly - how can he survive the embarrassment of being lapped by his team mate in their home GP?! That’s got to be the end for him.

Norris impressed again. He’s got some skills alright.

Great to see Merc struggle. But the track characteristics are a one off so don’t expect this in Silverstone...

Decent recovery from Vettel and a good overtake on Ham. Ok job.

walnut and Bas like this.
  25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    In other news, Gasly has just come in and finished his race!

subirg, DF1, stavura and 4 others like this.