Special factory Pista collection | FerrariChat

Special factory Pista collection

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by JagShergill, Jun 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I just thought I’d share with fellow F chatters, an amazing factory collection and birthday celebration I had two weeks ago.

I have been fortunate to have been to the factory on many occasions, however this was truly the most exceptional experience.

Two weekends ago, I went to the factory to collect my Tailor Made Pista but added an extra special experience for myself to celebrate my birthday for myself.

The week before, I had been at the SF90 launch, at which I was even more excited than normal that the following week I’d be returning for my factory collection of the Pista together with my other F cars and accompanied by my girlfriend and my new 4 and a half month old baby boy.

Without getting too long winded I’ll give a brief background.

I have always wanted to take my important cars back to the factory and have a factory collection shared with my family. I had also been planning, for my big birthday, to have two Tailor Made cars as birthday presents to myself. I had planned these as the Tailor Made Pista and a Tailor Made 812. The colours I picked were sort of a homage to the Modena town colours of blue and yellow. The Pista was my own special Giallo Tristrato with Nart blue stripes whereas the 812 was electricco blue with yellow highlights and dream lines and painted shields. The 812 was delivered first to my home and is now my daily drive. The date was organised a couple of weeks ago for factory collection of the Pista on the Monday morning. But also after the collection, to go to enzo’s house and the fiorano track to meet up with four of my other cars I had also taken there.

My dealer principle came out with myself, my girlfriend, and baby boy on the Father’s Day Sunday and that evening they laid on a marvellous meal and wine at the incredible Opera 02 restaurant. Food and wine were amazing as was the beautiful view of the vineyards. I’d recommend anybody going to the factory to consider visiting it on one of the evenings. I was particularly excited knowing the next day the weather was going to be perfect and I would be fulfilling one of my Ferrari dreams.

Monday morning our dealer principle collected the three of us and we went to the factory for an incredible morning.

The factory collection area was beautiful with the covered red drape, mezzanine and turn table. The last time I was in this room, there was a yellow TDF display. After a lovely reveal raising the drape, I spent a good half hour around the car, seeing it for the first time in the flesh and extra excitement with having my girlfriend and baby with me. There were three or four members of the Pista team there, and they very kindly opened some champagne to mark the occasion. Ferrari provided the photographer for the whole morning. In the Mezzanine above the car I signed the final documents.

I then drove the Pista with my girlfriend out of the collection room out and through the famous Ferrari sign and gate. We managed to take another photo with my baby in his buggy, with matching yellow callipers! Then I drove the Pista on the road for the short drive to Enzo’s house at the Fiorano track. At that point understandably the baby wasn’t allowed further near the track and our dealer principle took over baby duties for a while !

Before I forget to mention , I had the signatures by Seb vettel on the drivers side Cf side sill and kimi’s on the passengers side( he was still with ferrari when I specced my Pista !).

As I drove my new Pista around the corner, I saw a most beautiful sight of my Enzo, F50, TDF, 812 Tailor Made, all positioned in the courtyard in front of Enzo’s house glistening in the 30 degrees sun. Once the Pista was parked up, all five cars were positioned, the track was closed and quiet, and for the first time ever for me at Fiorano there was total quiet.

Myself and my girlfriend were able to savour a truly lovely vision in complete silence . It was actually a very emotional morning. Naturally we took lots of our own photos but the official Ferrari photographer was constantly taking photographs that Ferrari are going to bind into a folder/book for me.

After this we were treated to lunch over at cavalino. We had a lovely afternoon and evening before flying back the next day. To put the icing on the cake, on the flight back from Bologna to Heathrow I met the amazing Horacio Pagani- a true gentleman and we had a good chat about Ferraris and Paganis . He is such a gentleman he even pushed my baby’s buggy whilst we talked !

In summary, this whole experience was truly amazing on many levels. Having my girlfriend and baby at a factory collection for my Tailor Made Pista and having my other cars there on a wonderful hot sunny day... it was perfect. I’ve been a life-long tifosi and for me this was the culmination and highlight of twenty two years of Ferrari ownership. I look forward to many more years of Ferrari enjoyment and definitely have passed the baton onto my baby boy!

I hope this description has not been too self indulgent but I thought some F chatters may find it interesting. I’ve uploaded some photos too .....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Amazing--congrats and thanks for sharing!

JagShergill likes this.
  3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Wonderful b-day/F-day experience, thanks for sharing
    Beautiful collection
    Most baller aspect: both your dealer principle and H Pagani have had nanny duty with the baby buggie :)
    Well done, sir

JagShergill likes this.
  4. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
  5. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
  6. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks ! and v true ! :)

gzachary, of2worlds and C50 like this.
  7. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thank you

8. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Beautiful spec and looks like an incredible experience at the factory.

Btw, I have the same last name so the tailor made plaque would work for me nicely lol.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Jag thank you for sharing your amazing Ferrari experiences here! Certainly a very balanced collection you have put together now. Do you still have a 599 model to?

Fantastic build spec for your 812 !!! :cool:

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Jag, absolutely brilliant and congrats to you all. Amazing that Ferrari as a large corporation can still give this level of experience to its customers.
    Well deserved :) :)

Shadowfax and JagShergill like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nice collection.

What colour is the Pista?

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Very very cool. Congrats.

JagShergill likes this.
  13. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Lol

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks- no , i recently sold my 599 Alonso

of2worlds likes this.
  15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks buddy - i feel v lucky

16. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    It’s a special deeper richer colour of Giallo -tri strato

17. 488GTS

488GTS Karting

Sep 17, 2015
    U.K.
    Jag what an am amazing experience! Congratulations on what is an amazing collection. I'm only 6 years in to my Ferrari journey and this is such an inspiration for me!

Really well done and what a birthday to remember!!!

JagShergill likes this.
  18. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    That is so true - the small detail human touches made it extra special .... they make awesome cars but when needed provide an amazing personal touch....

Shack and of2worlds like this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #21 Lukeylikey, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    There needs to be a ‘really really like’ button for these posts! Congrats mate and I’m glad it all worked out so well for you. Lovely cars (your Pista will look very similar to mine so I’m biased) but I also love the F50, TDF and blu eletrico 812. On the other hand your girlfriend looks far too nice for you :D

Ferrari is such a wonderful brand and the history really means something. Having your cars in front of Enzo’s house at Fiorano. I reckon he would have loved the passion of that, without doubt!

of2worlds and JagShergill like this.
  20. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

21. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks buddy - looking forward to driving our pistas together soon .....you’re also right about my gf- “I’m punching above my weight “as they say :)

of2worlds and Lukeylikey like this.
  22. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thank you

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Very cool! That story about meeting Horacio is icing on the cake. A great guy.

Enjoy!

JagShergill and Lukeylikey like this.