Verstappen to Mercedes | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Verstappen to Mercedes

Discussion in 'F1' started by Sig. Roma, May 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Bottas needs a rise pronto!

G. Pepper and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It probably amazes Hulkenberg too.

daytona355, I'm 360 Canuck and Bas like this.
  3. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It makes sense for Mercedes. Why not explore what it would take to get Verstappen in the car? Lewis is contracted only through 2020. At worst you are putting yourself in a stronger position in negotiations with his team of agents. At best, you open a window to get one of the best young talents in your car.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Papa Stroll gets my vote for dad of the year, he buys a team for his son to drive around and on top pays him 1 mil for expenses....great dad!!!

ATBNM3, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  5. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    That’s fair.
    I’m not sure vettel is still a star driver, personally. I guess it’s debatable both ways.

william and Bas like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Renault wanted a proven GP winner to improve its drivers line-up, and there were not many available.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Hulk has zero wins/podiums to his name in F1. I don't think he is that amazed. :oops:

william, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hahaha, the nearly man.... hulk is probably the only person that still believes he will get the big bucks one day, his ship sailed a few seasons ago when ferrari passed him over. Too many good young talents coming through now for him to really graduate to the top table.

william, zygomatic and Bas like this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I still think he's as fast as ever, but his mistakes (presumably out of sheer desperation and want to perform) have diminished his value somewhat. I've no doubt he'd have as many points as Lewis right now if given the same car with the same teammate.

What is debatable is who is the fastest...Ricciardo matched (if not beat, but with Vettel moving to Ferrari he of course got less info from halfway through the season) Vettel...On the other hand, Verstappen beat Ricciardo, and annihilated him last year I'm not talking about points, especially between the red bull guys given the unreliability of the car. Given those parameters and Verstappen having ''fixed'' his errors he made over the last few years, I think he's the fastest guy in F1. Him in a Mercedes would be rather boring.

I'm 360 Canuck, ypsilon and zygomatic like this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Poor guy really. He's one of the guys that ''could have been''. Passed over by Ferrari for 2014 onwards. Can't remember clearly but I think he asked for too much money?

daytona355 likes this.
  11. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Funny that.

12. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Crap start drops down to P8.
    PU clipping and losing power intermintently but doesn't invite sympathy about it post race.
    Laps his team mate.
    Firm but fair overtaking as expressed by Coulthard and Webber.
    Pulls away from LeClerc.
    A good day for F1

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 and the board last week here after France was ready to take up lawn bowling lol :)

14. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahhh, normal service will be resumed at the next race, this was a giveaway designed to pretend that Mercedes are fallible, stops the complaints about Pirelli and the stewards bias, and then they’ll miraculously pick back up in a race or two as though they had to work to find a fix for some issue they’ll pretend to have. I wouldn’t be surprised if the FIA spread a few rumours about saying they’ve changed something on the Mercedes that was edgy or something, as cover for the overall gameplay to reduce public animosity towards the state of f1, but rest assured, the titles have been over since australia

fil, stavura, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  15. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    How about Max to Ferrari.

stavura, Flavio_C and Bas like this.
  16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

And wiith good reason.
    If the remaining circuits can throw up such close racing there is hope for F1.
    Sadly I doubt that will be the case.

Bas likes this.
  17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Any track with long flowing fast corners is still Mercedes territory. Frankly the next race we should tune into is Hungary.

18. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Lewis is the winningest driver as far as Hungarian GP though...you might end up needing to give that one a miss too...

Surfah, william, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Max and Leclerc have been fighting since karting. Not sure if Ferrari would love that:

Bas likes this.
  20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Agree.
    Will be attending Hockenheim regardless, as the 2004 Schumacher car will be display driven by Mick :)

Bas likes this.
  21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Max dominated Charles in karts.

The future dynamic looks exciting if they are in similarly performing cars.

Bas likes this.
  22. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Are you going for the race or the ladies on the way there;)

23. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    On the basis that nobody would employ him to do anything, daddy might as well; plus I'm sure it's more efficient tax wise than daddy giving him pocket money direct.

24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Ladies are always an element - but only at the circuits. I wasn't involved in the rules :)

25. F430 F1 Singapore

Mar 4, 2016
    Singapore
    I really like Bottas. He's a modest and unassuming guy with a very friendly disposition. I wasn't very impressed with Lewis, who came across as aloof and a trifle arrogant. This was when I met them both at an AMG event before the Singapore GP a couple of years back.

I also think Bottas has massively underrated talent and that he's always had to play second fiddle to LH.

But there's no denying he'll be a good team player. It'll be very interesting to see him move to Ferrari. Of course, the question about who (between Bottas and Leclerc) gets to be number one driver will be contentious, but I don't mind either since I like them both.

For real fireworks, it'll be Max to Ferrari, of course, but the way he drives may be counter-productive to the team in the long run.

Oh, and I've grown increasingly tired of Vettel's antics, so I won't miss him from Ferrari. Let him duke it out with Hamilton in Merc, that'll be fun. That way neither driver will have the excuse of "car factors" and Merc has always officially said they let their drivers race without team orders. Let's see if that's true.

daytona355 and Bas like this.