Front License Plate Violation | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Front License Plate Violation

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by JJ97, Apr 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It has absolutely nothing to do with law enforcement, just a revenue generator. I my area the cities with the lowest crime rate are likely to be the most aggressive on license/parking violations.

2. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    +1000. I used to see a Maserati Gran Turismo there periodically where the owner temporarily attached the front plate to the grill with a coat hanger while he was parked.

3. tunlhd1

tunlhd1 Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Chicago IL area
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My daily driver is a 2017 Corvette C7. I drive it all year round and use my 458 on weekends. I park the Corvette at the O'Hare parking deck periodically and last week I was welcomed back from my business trip with a $60 parking ticket on my front windshield for not having a front license plate. I was parked on level 5 of the deck, and it would have taken some effort for a police officer to get out of their car and walk around to the front of my car to see that I had no license plate, especially in a crowded parking deck. Guess I'll take Uber from now on.

4. pappy.72

pappy.72 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2010
    Elgin, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave
    They scan your front and back plate whenever you enter their city owned lots at O’Hare.

5. tunlhd1

tunlhd1 Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Chicago IL area
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks, that's what I thought. Got stopped and ticketed ($30) in Wheeling, IL last week for not having a front plate. I was not speeding, just got pulled over for not having a front plate. Guess I'll install the front plate and be done with the hassle

6. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I was pulled over for speeding on Sunday. They didn't even mention the front plate. (ticketed me for speeding however)

7. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Which municipality?

8. V8Fun

V8Fun Karting

Aug 16, 2010
    Chicago West Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I park my car (with no front plate) at O’Hare and Midway lots all the time. I keep my front plate in the glovebox and literally tie it onto the front of the car with a soft rope when I park there. A sticky note goes on my dash to remind me to take it down when I leave. Been doing this for years and never once got a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Been ticketed twice for no front plate while parked on a side street in Chicago. Once in an X5 and once in an R8.....still no front plate

Sent from my Galaxy

10. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I just joined the two plate state from arizona(one plate). I got no place to put the plate on the countach. So, let’s see how much hassle I get. I am in the sticks where nobody cares (or
    Maybe the opposite).

11. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    What I did years ago was just to soft wire the front plate so it just swung up with the wind while driving hit it. So if I every was stopped the plate was down again. Just BS but other states have no front plate. Some one is getting money on the side so that front plates are still required in IL. Simple as that.....Hey, think real....