What’s Your Next Ferrari Purchase and Your Purchase Timeline? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What’s Your Next Ferrari Purchase and Your Purchase Timeline?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Shark01, Jun 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Ok, I'll bite.

I'll probably go down to one car as keeping both a Ferrari and Lamborghini in platinum award winning condition and daily driving them is getting lame in the amount of work of upkeep.... 20 years of both is a now been there...done that. I don't know how people have the time for more than 2 exotics. So, eventually sell the Testarossa and Murcielago Roadster for just a single Aventador Roadster. One car that has the angled lines of the Testarossa, the doors go up of the Murcielago but unfortunately no stick shift....oh well, sacrifices somewhere lol
    Either crazy lambo green, metallic purple or just black and do crazy wraps.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Robb likes this.
  2. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I like your thinking. I plan to eventually get a blue 550 to go with my blue manual 360, but aren't in any kind of rush. It makes much more sense to keep the money invested at this point in my life.

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    Probably not worth a own Thread but i would love to hear..when will you guys buy your last? for me personally...i think when i am either too old to enjoy them properly..(the new ones) or when they go full electric..depending on what happens first.....

4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I've gotten to the point in my life that my desire to stop working (retire) is far stronger than any material thing. I'll probably keep my 365 for a while longer but really I'm thinking about getting something small, fun, and cheap to maintain. Something like a Miata.

5. bml71

bml71 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bradd Lewis
    I have a Portofino presently and am waiting for my F8 to get delivered sometime in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I’m torn, after selling my 308 (starting that process now). I am thinking more GT.
    Want a stick, so 550 works. Could consider a Cali? Then again, like another poster pointed out, Aston Martins are gorgeous, especially at their price. I hate black/grey cars; the only thing I consider a deal breaker.

JohnnyRay and Texas Forever like this.
  7. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I’m all over the map on this.
    If I won the lottery, I’d buy a 458 speciale pronto.

But sometimes I think I’d swap out my 360 manual for a portofino or some top down 4 seater...it really sucks to not be able to have my wife and daughter in the car at the same time. Thing is, she’s 9...in 8 or 9 years she won’t be hanging out with me much so my timing may be off.

I also think I’d like a Gallardo spyder or Ford GT for the sheer drama though. Middle class guy looking to retire early so, I have to keep my spending down to earth. Which leads me back to my 360 and a fun DD like my A5.

8. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Right now I'm stuck between a couple options...

1. Wait for more price drop and buy F12 (sell/trade Cali30) 12-24 month timeline
    2. Wait for more price drop and buy 458 Spider (sell/trade Cali30) 12-24 month timeline
    3. Buy Gated 360 and keep my Cali30. (no more garage space so I'd have to find storage) 12-24 month timeline

At the moment I can't get the F12 exhaust soundtrack out of my head. The open air experience of a 458 Spider with Novitec Exhaust is in the back of my mind as well. Good dilemma to have I guess.

9. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I’d really like a 328 but I’m not sure I fit and I just bought (this week) my first Ferrari so it won’t be anytime soon... also, I’m not sure I’m a two Ferrari guy.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You won't know until you try! :D

CChung likes this.
  11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm already pretty jaded by the new stuff.....nothing seems very special for very long, and all the production cars depreciate like crazy....I just won't lose $100k on a car that sits in the garage most of the time. So my window is always at least 5 years old.

Claudia65 and Texas Forever like this.
  12. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    1 and 2 sound fun....

13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    A 550 gets mentioned alot in these types of threads......sounds like the time to beat that wave is now.

14. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Bought my 360 coupe stick in 2000 and then sold it 5 years later. Wish I held onto it. I had so much fun driving it! Bought it with 200 miles on it...felt like my car. Wish you the best finding a great one.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  15. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike

Fireman1291 likes this.
  16. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Try fitting in a 328 or try being a two Ferrari guy? Haha

17. RedSoul136

RedSoul136 Rookie

Jul 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ricardo Vio
    My weekend car has been a 2012 Mustang GT that just hit 33k miles. Alot of power and fun but time to get a bit more refined. Plan on passing it on to my nephew in a few years(3 to 4) as his first car. Will get a 360/430 spider or a cali 30 when that time comes. Leaning towards the California to fit the kid in the back.

3 to 4 years. Has to be a vert, tan interior, and an auto.

18. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    I'm hoping the prices here in the UK will take a further hit in the next year or 2, I could have a 360 or a 456 if they get nearer £40k.

19. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I am working towards adding an F12 to my 458. I have Oct 2020 circled on my calendar.

Fireman1291 likes this.
  20. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I already have my second favorite Ferrari in a 512BB (first is an F40 but missed that boat).
    I'd like something more modern in a CS, Scud or 599 HGTE.
    Bottomed out depreciation is critical.
    Waiting for some land to sell and possible add in my NSX or GT2 or sell some guns..
    The thought of getting rid of either gives me the heebie jeebies.
    Ran out of space awhile ago. :(

21. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I've never driven an F12 but hear they are the bomb.
    The Stig has said its the only Ferrari he lusts after.

22. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Absolutely: after driving the Scuderia I had very mixed feelings... awesome machine that is great on track... but way to fast to enjoy on a public road: I then decided to start investigating the older Ferraris.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

23. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    Same. Once nice examples start to hover below the 200 mark i'll start serious shopping.

24. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    350's were about £40k in 2010 when I bought my F355, I looked a nice one at an independent when viewing an F355 (which I did not buy) but it was at the time out of reach. Hard to imagine now that my F355 I sold in 2015 is now worth a good £20k more than my 360 I suspect.

By 2040 they will sell only hybrid and electric cars so I suspect it'll be easier to let my 360 go as I retire (before then).

I think that my 360 will be my last (I have owned three Ferraris in total). At one point I was thinking about a 458 but realistically I think they will stay out of reach for me and probably not ever drop below £100k. I occasionally think I might just sell it and be done but then I look at it and/or drive it and that falls away. I do think when I retire I will move it on, not sure what if anything will replace it. I'm not sure for me if anything can replace it and that having nothing is better than compromising.

Claudia65 likes this.
  25. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I saw a few dip below 200 now but older models with higher miles. My guess is in a year or 18 months we'll be there.