812 production photos | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 production photos

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by marky1, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hmmm that’s not good in my view. I think MY2020 will have GPF. Mine must be a week or 10 days in front of yours and dealer told me MY2019. I’m not convinced though, mine could be a 20 too.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Mine just hit the boat in the last week or so, and is confirmed to be 2019.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Maybe someone could chip in here with when they think the change over from 19 to 20 takes place.

4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Just to be clear, as I understand, for Ferrari specifically, the VIN is assigned by the Ferrari division in the receiving country when that car is received into that country. For instance, for USA builds, it is Ferrari North America (FNA) that assigns the VIN and creates the window sticker, etc. Sometimes the VIN is referred to as a the serial number.

The only number the factory assigns is the Chassis Number and that number is nowadays, just a sequence and does not indicate the model year or really much of anything else (apparently it could be used in times past to determine if a particular car was built as a race car)

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Not saying I doubt your info about the serial number but it raises a couple of questions; it would seem to be an extremely unwieldy arrangement to have FNA assigning VIN numbers. Typically serial numbers are assigned in the order in which cars are built. Especially when it comes to special serial numbers like 99,999 where that number was requested and supplied as such for an F50. Each car built has a visible number when it leaves the factory. Some years ago there were some stolen Ferrari models with fake serial numbers but done perfectly. Turns out someone was taking blank serial number plates home with them from Ferrari!
    The 250,000th build is coming up and maybe Ferrari doesn't care which model is assigned that milestone number. I think they are less than 4,000 numbers away from that particular build.

6. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've made my concerns about the GPF issue known to the dealer, they are, of course, downplaying this issue. I also have seen mention of non-switchable HELE which would be a disaster.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Great info in the link to Fchat there regarding the history of Ferrari serial numbers!

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    My references are to how things are performed now, not 20+ years ago or even 10 years ago...I agree, it definitely has changed over the years.

The factory only assigns the chassis number, the VIN is country / region specific and is not handled by the factory for at least the North American market.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Interestingly, some dealers don't even yet know what a GPF is...

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My car is status 40 and they say it will be a 2020 MY car. I have no other information, the following is my own pure wishful thinking and speculation, but if I were running a production line, a natural time to retool would be the August break, so I am selfishly hopeful that V12 cars built before the August break will not have the GPF...

of2worlds likes this.
  11. GCSF

GCSF Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bernhard Hellmich
    Asked my sales rep. via email. Got a short and disapointing response: our cars (their demos?) already have a GPF. my car is expected 1. Q 2020 and will certainly have one.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hard to understand what they mean by “our cars”. From what I read I can’t see how any car they have in stock will have a GPF fitted.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. GCSF

GCSF Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bernhard Hellmich
    Agree. I wrote another email asking for clarification 4 days ago. Got no response yet.Obviously dealers are confused as well (I am in Europe).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Dealers are definitely confused. The only way they might have GPF car already in stock is if they have an F8 Tributo.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Dealers confused, I would say a good percentage of customers don't delve too deeply into the technology their new Ferrari contains either! There are still 6 months left in 2019 so what is motivating Ferrari to build 2020 models already? The GPF issue is something they must recognize by now has caused some consternation among clients with new Ferrari models in the pipeline!!!!!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Once a car arrives, can you see the gpf visually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Yes, if you crawl underneath or put the car on a lift.

18. TheMagician

TheMagician Rookie

Oct 25, 2018
    Czech Republic
    I raised the whole issue with gpf withmy dealer. Originally they told me, i should not worry,that my car which should bedelivered in q1 2020 will not have gpf. But I insisted on verifying the info and told them, that I will cancel my order, if I will get car with gpf. Last week, I got an email from my dealer and was told that my dealer will do a maximum to push forward my order to receive a car without gpf, but also they told me to wait for final confirmation from the factory. I should get the definitive answer this week. But I doubt that my car will be built quickly enough and will not get gpf.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Please let us know when you get an update. Thanks

of2worlds likes this.
  20. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have an 812 on order that was status 30 3 weeks ago and I have not heard anything since. I hear a lot of talk about GPF on the forum but really don't understand what this is going to mean. Isn't it just a particulate filter? Is it a sound issue?

My current 2015 458 Spider has a build date of July 2014 on the door pillar. So the model year must switch sometime midyear. I'm hoping my 812 is a 2020 model year. I don't think I care about a GPF (unless there is something I'm missing), but I would be highly pissed if it has a non defeat-able HELE.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. francescaoscar

Jun 11, 2014
    Uk
    The Hele has a button to switch it off (near mirror) - but I’ve not worked out yet if you can switch off as default - I think you have to do it each tine as part of your car start up routine, but not that much of an issue TBH.

22. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That I wouldn’t mind. It’s it’s non-defeatable that would be a problem. I also heard that some new cars you can’t rev past 4000 in N. That seems to be the case on the new F8 in the video I saw.

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    *Back on June 23rd this year Marcel had a comment regarding turning these features 'off'.
    Copied below>

New EU laws prohibit "defeatable nannies" and no off switch/system will be allowed anymore. At least in Switzerland, this country is going to take over all the new EU laws (even if Switzerland is not part of the EU!!).
    Same for HELE stop/start function, AEB, GPF, etc., these all become fully mandatory.
    Eliminating these functions or technically altering them in any way will become illegal in Switzerland, people will go to jail for it and huge fines are planned. Cars can be confiscated and crushed by Swiss Government/state.
    Not a joke.

Marcel Massini

24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    tickerhound likes this.
  25. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It seems that everything we love about cars like Ferrari’s is about to come to an end. The engine shutting off every time you come to a stop is annoying as hell.

of2worlds likes this.