599GTB Transmission failure | FerrariChat

599GTB Transmission failure

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Wieslaw 599, Jul 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wieslaw 599

Wieslaw 599 Rookie

Jan 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Wieslaw Chmielewski
    #1 Wieslaw 599, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Hello, I have a problem with transmission, after about 20 - 30 km of driving in traffic on display appeared Transmission Failure and very diificult to change gears and after of 2, 3 km car shifted to N and driving over. In service they changed pump and again it happened after a week, today the replaced small part I don't know a name transmitter or something like that and 2 km before home it happened again. It always happens when outside temperature is high about 30 C and when car drove about 25 km. May be some of you had/heard such a case ???? Thanks for help.

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The people who are servicing your car are guessing at the problem. Take it to someone who knows 599s.

3. Wieslaw 599

Wieslaw 599 Rookie

Jan 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Wieslaw Chmielewski
    On Friday I was driving Ferrari around workshop and after 36 km it happened again. I parked the car about 2 km from their workshop, I phoned and mechanic arrived with computer. He said he suspects what's causing trouble. After an hour I could start the engine and I left the car in the Ferrari. Today afternoon should be ready.

4. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    You need to have an expert look at your car. If this means paying extra at a dealer it is worth it in the long run. The transmission is quite strong and robust. If your F1 pump went I would suspect it is from lack of use.