Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 66 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Weird testing for the sf90 stradale at fiorano track.
    Engine sound last part of the video .

3. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Giallo Triplo Strato with AF pack and carbon wheels is a winner. Just swap those red calipers for black.

jm2 likes this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Beat me to it.
    They were doing great till they got to the red calipers. Just my $.02

6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  7. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Noisier than I was expecting with the GPF. Not as disappointing as I anticipated regarding the sound, although quite pathetic compared to NA engines of the past. Sounds like a marked improvement over the Pista... which it should be. Will have to hear IRL to know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Why do they still have camo on the car? I mean what is there to hide? Car has been publically revealed already.

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    jpalmito likes this.
  10. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I've got two black cars, so I'm a totally Team Black
    But for this car, the red w black roof is how I'd spend your money
    Dig the wheel selection

11. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Will try.
    Either carbon all the way or no carbon outside.
    It will be either cheap build or expensive I mean real expensive one.

There is no middle ground for outside.

MANDALAY likes this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    All red .
    Minimum carbon inside.
    Carbon front splitter , side , air intake , rear ,
    Engine compartment : no carbon at all .
    Rotor wheel diamond finish .
    Red brake calipers .

MANDALAY likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Of course 'catching up' is a fair point. First to market is a basic competitive advantage in business. As far as your point other car makers, it would assume segment participation in perpetuity.

Trivial task? Double horsepower with a V6 and maintain reliability/livability that Honda places a high value? I hear the Type-R variant is going to be 650, or what 2/3rds of the power of this car?

Fair Dinkum Mate, You've made it abundantly clear you hate the design of this latest car. I'm sure another blow on the dead prancing horse is nigh.

14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So Ferrari is still catching up to Lamborghini and McLaren with their CF tubs, right? No one cares about being first to market with a type of technology. All that matters is that your car is objectively better than your competitor in the figures. Half of Fchat doesn't even want a hybrid set up, so how is it a competitive advantage?

Ferrari was on top. Then McLaren. Then Lamborghini. Then Porsche. Then McLaren again. Now will be Ferrari again. No one cares about who was first to use what fuel injection or transmission or active aero. Every brand is on top for a little bit because they get to react and surpass the earlier competitor. It always happened and it always will.

And I do think it's trivial. If Acura wanted a TTV8, they would have made it one. It's not like Ferrari is the only one able to get 800 hp out of a turbo V8. Even tuners can reliably get that kind of power out of a TT V8 quite easily. Acura started designing the car long before the SF90 and simply miscalculated where the market was going.

15. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Ferrari will come out with their mid-engine V6 hybrid in a couple years and we can actually compare apples to apples with the NSX.

Mclaren will come out with their hybrid V8 production car in the next couple years and we can compare apples to apples with the SF90.

Until then, the NSX and SF90 are trailblazers in two new market segments and there’s no use comparing apples to oranges.

Regarding the competitive advantage comment, I do believe that this matters. Yes, it is essentially a rotating wheel between Ferrari, Mclaren, Porsche, and Lambo switching out from the top spot. However, let’s not detract from how the 720S has maintained its advantage for several years now. The F8 has just caught up and we still don’t even know if it’s can surpass the 720. I’m no mclaren fanboy, in fact I would prefer a standard 488 to the 720, but to act like the massive performance leap that car took beyond the competition is just the “market standard” is not giving credit where credit is due. It remains to be seen how the competition will react to the SF90, but for now it holds a significant advantage and this should not be written off and ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua and jpalmito like this.
  16. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I dont care what porsche lambo or mac does in lap time or who is faster.
    I only look at how much they hold in used market. That is the only single matter to me. No matter how fast 720 is, see what new car owner lost when they leave the shop with new car right away. Even faster than other brands. Not soon until I buy new mac or lambo for sure.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4_Eff_Sake, Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  17. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #1645 kandi, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  18. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    jpalmito likes this.
  19. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #1647 Bundy, Jul 3, 2019
    Sadly, newer regular production Ferraris aren’t holding their values either. I took a $95,000 hit on my 2018 488 GTB with only 320 miles. Tons of nearly new 812’s are also available at prices significantly below stocker. Even Speciale Aperta and tdf prices are softening.

It’s always about supply and demand, aye?

A used MSO Volcano Red 720S is on my short list of next car to add to the stable. A buddy strongly suggested I drive the 675LT, too, and he owns an incredible assortment of cars from different manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCal to az, of2worlds and j09333 like this.
  20. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    So true.

In comparison to others what mac does in used market shows how good the car is as a whole package not just whos faster and this is my point.
    New cars will lose any amount no matter what but closely looking at used market and see what car is moving faster than others with understandable depreciation shows the goodness of the car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  21. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    (here without crazy blue lighting)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    To me, the black one wins in profile view (and the rear view, I suppose) - hiding some aspects of "heaviness" in SF90's design. From other angles the juicy-red one looks so tempting ...

perrinnation, j09333 and of2worlds like this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1650 paulchua, Jul 3, 2019
    I wouldn’t go as far as no one cares (pun intended)
    Nope, not necessarily, lot of other factors in play otherwise Radical and Ariel would have cornered market long ago.
    Guess that’s why the LaF and the other two in the holy trinity are flops? A car that's faster around Fiorano at 1/5 of the market price of a LaF? No competitive advantage?

Top in what? (I’m not being facetious, more then just 0-60 & 1/4 mile) Guess you never heard of Lotus, TVR, or De Tomaso. Not that I think Lambo’s 7th owner is anywhere near dire straights, or that Porsche will only stop at only 4 exotics ever made in 90 years, and I’m rooting for McLaren Group to actually post a profit instead of losing $100 million last year. But this current economic expansion is just starting, so they have a long runway right?

Of course they can, in fact they tried to get to market their first engine bigger then a V6 in 70 years, but their management didn’t get the memo of how trivial the task was, so they cancelled it. It might help move more then just the 170 NSXs Honda sold last year here in the states. Perhaps there is time to still cancel the 650hp Type-R variant and switch gears to the TTV8, afterall, it is a trivial pivot right?

I know right? What tuners are able to accomplish easily showcased in any number of Fast n Furious movies. Decals and all. Street S3ctor shows all these poseurs what 'real' power and speed is all about!!!