488 Interior Materials | FerrariChat

488 Interior Materials

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Hopeful, Jul 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    Pulled the trigger on a 2018 488 Spider. Before I detail the interior, I wanted to double check on the materials used. I assume all the tan is leather like the seats but I'm not sure about the black on the doors and dash due to the texture and stitching. Would this be leather or vinyl?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Congrats, although I may be a bit biased!

Yes, it's leather, your dash and the top of the doors. I use Griot's garage leather conditioner, even has that leather smell. For light cleaning, I use armor all cleaning wipes, nothing fancy there.

3. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    Great. Thanks. Just happen to have some Griot's and will give that a try.

4. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Congrats. Enjoy in good health. Is your interior cuoio or beige Tradizione

5. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    Cuoio. Rosso Fuoco exterior. Definitely enjoying!

6. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    This brings up an interesting point for me

With my 911s, I have never used any leather conditioner / treatment / cleaner on the interior leather. Always just a very very lightly damp cloth wipe down followed by a dry cloth. When I was younger I used some brand name leather cleaner (not Griots) on my Benz and the faux leather or whatever turned shiny and into a slip and slide, subsequently swore off any of that stuff

My method has done a good job of keeping the Porsche leather looking pretty much new (I'm careful with it anyways). You guys all like to use a specialized cleaner for the interior leather on your Ferraris?

7. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    I think the big thing is to keep the leather conditioned periodically so it doesn't dry out/shrink/crack. The Griot's (in my very limited experience of doing 2 seats today) ends up matte (ie, just like the original leather) and is not at all slippery.

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Leather on the back of electric seats is an extra. Double check yours as I don't know what is standard.