Any leads on Pista and thoughts? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any leads on Pista and thoughts?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mkraft3003, Jun 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    If your ego will allow it wait six-12 months and there will be plenty on the market for less than what you’re willing to pay at this point.

2. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Just some data if anyone cars;

Pista with MSRP $415K, listed at $499K (Delivery miles and rosso corsa). Sold in private party transaction. Don't know what the final selling price was. None of my business to ask the former owner and he didn't volunteer the info.

Car was in Northern California and sold to another owner via a broker in Southern California.

3. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    Actually i was mistaken i contacted my contact and it is more like the 50k plus

4. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    :(

of2worlds likes this.
  5. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Why do you think this? The history of special edition models has not supported that theory. I am perfectly willing to keep enjoying my 812 and wait. I agree prices usually dip after a few years and then go back up. 6-12 months to wait is easy as I was planning on waiting for the F8. Thanks for your thoughts!

ferrame likes this.
  6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    They said the EXACT SAME THING about the Speciale when it came out....how’d that work out lol?

And the Pista is twice as good as the Speciale (I owned a Speciale 5 years and just recently went through Corso Pilota in a Pista, so I can speak to this I believe).

But ..you never know. Might as well wait, cause you know, time is worth nothing. :rolleyes:

7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I have seen asking prices of K€100 … yes, one hundred K Euros above sticker price :eek:

8. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    This is just my theory and opinion and others are very welcome to disagree, but I think Ferrari is starting to become dilutive of itself, and even here in Texas, where the market and economy seem to be strong, the vendors of high-end goods, including cars and houses, are indicating a downturn in the market for their goods.

IPO1 likes this.
  9. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Hilarious, maybe with 10K miles

10. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
  11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The Speciale ended up its production just when there was a speculative bubble on Ferrari (2015), so that's the Speciale that has enjoyed a unusual situation and it's not the example of a common rule. Before they regained value benefiting from the very same bubble, the CS and Scuderia saw their prices significantly decrease. Now the situation is more stable but the CS (to a lower extent), the Scuderia and even the Speciale have seen their prices softening since this bubble.
    With a more ambitious initial price, the prospect of an increasing value for the Pista is questionable; the fact that there are many Pista for sale asking premiums is not a sign that many people are actually willing to pay these premiums - it could actually be the other way round.
    As for the Pista being far better than the Speciale, I'm convinced it's true - but it's just true in the same way that the 488 is far better than the 458, which does not warrant a higher relative value for the 488.

12. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Believe what you want, I’ve driven both (and owned one for 5 years). The Pista is light years ahead of the Speciale (as awesome as that car was)...

The Speciale has it on sound, that it.

The Pista in person is a work of art. It’s the first SE car to beat up on the Challenge Stradale looks wise.

If you think Pistas will EVER drop below their MSRP I have a bridge for sale cheap.

BaronM69 and mkraft3003 like this.
  13. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I’m finding a number of high spec ones available (with a premium, of course) and as suspected the low specs ones are difficult to find. I have a number of leads and thanks to those who have helped, but I’m still in the hunt!

of2worlds likes this.
  14. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was offered one for 50 above list in Spain a couple of weeks ago. I think it’s still for sale. Delivery November.

15. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I should point out that I am in the hunt for one in the US. Thanks.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I have one on a boat right now, should be here soon. I may sell, I want 100k over. Have some offers already for 50ish. Its tdf. For the comments about burning bridges with Ferrari, ferrari doesn't care anymore. Plus I don't know how many new Ferrari's I'll be buying in the future.

of2worlds and IPO1 like this.
  17. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Its a free country and you should feel free to sell the car if you want to. What makes you say Ferrari doesn't care anymore? Do you mean they don't take care of you as a good customer or that they no longer care about flipping?

of2worlds likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They care. Nothing has changed. Flip a Pista before 6 months, probably won’t get another allocation.

19. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Yeah thats what I know as well but wondering about his take on the subject.

20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Take the money and run. I was on the fence with my TDF and I should’ve kept it two months instead of two years

21. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I flipped both my 488 coupe and 488 spider before 6 months, have a pista coming. They don't care, plenty of other people have flipped, the dealers may have a policy, but Ferrari itself doesn't care.

22. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Totally agree they dont care anymore - public companies get paid to care about velocity and turnover. Opposite of what ferrari used to be about.

carz80am likes this.
  23. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    About flipping.