Speciale Market | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Thanks Edward. By Full IPE - Do you means Headers, Cats and exhaust?

Regarding the Aperfa market - I have seen it go from list prices of $725K to $595K in the past year.

2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yes that is correct, IPE headers, cats and exhaust...I wanted the highest pitch and loudest tone.
    I too have seen the SA market drop precipitously....I lusted for one for a long time.
    In retrospect, I’m glad I got a coupe because I like to drive my cars. I feel the SA is more of a collector’s car, difficult to put miles on freely.

Sent from my 16M

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  3. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Any current sales?

4. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM

5. PunjabiM3

PunjabiM3 Rookie

Apr 22, 2019
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Jay Sidhu
    Just took delivery last week of my first Ferrari: 2015 458 Speciale, 2922 miles, red, $341k MSRP, purchased for $344,500 with 2 yr CPO. I'm pretty happy with the deal and am loving the car immensely thus far!

Avia11, Bundy, Thecadster and 3 others like this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Great deal.

F12JAJ and italiafan like this.
  7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sent from my 16M

IloveGT likes this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I haven’t had my Pista yet but so far the Speciale is my favourite car. Even when the Pista arrives I don’t think I will stop appreciating what a wonderful car it is. Some cars just have an extra something and the Speciale is definitely one of those. I think it is above top drawer. Top drawer is .2 GT3 RS, 488 etc. The Speciale just has something beyond the sum of its parts for me. Enjoy your ride!

9. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Spot on. The last car which was similarly described was the mighty F40, which was very much more than the sum of its (not very many) parts!

@PunjabiM3 Enjoy every mile!

Clay512TR likes this.
  10. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats. Enjoy in good health. Please post some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    A third party, non-franchised dealership that I'm close with offered $350K trade in value on a $370K MSRP 458 Speciale.

That indicates that MSRP +-$15k is a reasonable selling price range.

However, highly depends on spec. If the car has $60K of alcantara and carbon fiber options, expect to be on the low end of the range. For example, that insane Tailor Made matte white car with the blue side stripes that's for sale. MSRP of $460K but asking price is $20K under, which still makes it the highest listed Speciale for sale.

12. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Who uses “trade in” value in a valuation discussion? Trade in value is always low because they need to resale and make a profit. Wouldn’t the sale price be a better value? I am just asking as it seems logical.

13. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017

Trade in value is a good indication of actual sale prices that dealerships believe they can get. And since dealers have access to a vast amount of sales data, their offers are generally in line with market.

If a dealer offered to take a car in for $20K under, that probably means they are confident they can sell the car for likely over MSRP, so you Can surmise that sale prices are likely around there.

My experience with dealers is that they’ll offer about $30-$40K below retail value for a car in the $300k range such as the Speciale

nmcclure, boobernackle and IloveGT like this.
  14. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Great way to jump into Ferrari ownership. Congrats!

Amazing that Speciales still go at or above MSRP. A testament of what a great car it is.

Clay512TR and F12JAJ like this.
  15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That may sound like nitpicking, but when you factor in the 2-year warranty it means that the car price is actually set slightly below MSRP by the dealer, leaving noticeably less than MSRP for the actual pre-owner.
    Still, given the number of years that's very minimal depreciation and an evidence of high demand for the Speciale (which has a wide range of qualities to be praised), but there's no need to distort the reality ;)

16. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    I see your point, and I think is valid from that perspective. Let me explain how I looked at it... when the car was sold new @ MSRP, it came with a 3-year warranty... now it sold just over MSRP and came with a 2-year warranty.
    I am also looking into it from the buyers perspective, not the actual pre-owner, who to your point is not getting MSRP; however, the buyer, just like the original buyer, in this case (for what sounds like a pretty good example) paid pretty close to MSRP (up or below depending how we view the warranty issue).

17. customryder

customryder Karting

Jul 31, 2007
    Hey Guys,
    What is the current market on the Speciale coupe?
    Thanks!!
    Jeff

18. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    In theory, IMHO, nothing has changed. Low mileage well equipped examples will go for about $15k to $20k over MSRP. In practice, not much is selling right now and everything is pretty much sitting and waiting for a buyer that’s dedicated to own a Speciale.

19. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Any current sales to update the market value?

20. DFT3

DFT3 Rookie

Sep 7, 2018
    Rrr1 likes this.
  21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Clay512TR, F12JAJ and gabf1 like this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    buddyg, F12JAJ, Gcsdave and 1 other person like this.
  23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  24. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Spec is pretty bad but it’s a far cry from what people are asking for that car. It’s going to have an impact on speciale prices.

25. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    #725 sampelligrino, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Just bought mine last month, argento low $330k spec for under $300k. 12k miles, she's been around these parts before (lol)

Price may not be as accurate as a straight cash purchase, it was part of a 4 car swap. Knocking on wood it worked out really well, it was the only Speciale I wanted (I am discriminatory when it comes to used specs sadly) & didn't mind the miles

my first special series, hope to hold onto this one for awhile
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ced357, c5000, AD211 and 7 others like this.