Top shelf bourbon, scotch | FerrariChat

Top shelf bourbon, scotch

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Echo Charlie 1131949ZULU, Jul 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Echo Charlie 1131949ZULU

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Edward C. Chewning
    Has anyone purchased something from BOTTLESPOT or equivalent market. If so how did you know it was the real stuff. Example, some of the PAPPY bourbon is quite expensive and hard to find,so if you purchase it on the secondary market ,how can you be sure it is genuine? Edward

2. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    You don’t ever really know. Check eBay they have empty bottles of Pappy for sale. People buy them and refill them with Wellers bourbon. They then sell them at a premium. I have purchased from bottle spot in the past. It’s important to know the seller. It is estimated that 30% of the pappy van winkle for sale is fake. I would suggest always purchasing from a trusted seller.

3. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
  4. Echo Charlie 1131949ZULU

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Edward C. Chewning
    I was wondering if there was any way to verify the product. The wine market has had several scams. NC use to put a tax stamp over each top ,but they have discontinued that practice. That would be a second safe guard. So you just have to trust the market,and seller. Edward