HomeLink Portofino issues | FerrariChat

HomeLink Portofino issues

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by DavidC458, Jul 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidC458

DavidC458 Rookie

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    David C
    I just cannot get my homelink to work with either my electric gates or garage remote.

Followed instructions many times and it won’t have it.

Neither my garage nor gates have the ‘learn’ button on the motor unit either.

Anyone else struggled or have any tips?

Thanks

2. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    If they don’t have a “learn” button, I’m not sure what you’d need to do if the directions on the Homelink website aren’t working for you. I just got my car last week, followed the directions on the Homelink site (I have regular rolling code units with learn buttons) and it worked fine first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I don't know about the Porto, but my Calf T required a bridge unit to work.

4. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I have a lift master opener with remote codes. I have found the following to work on my F12, 812 and Portofino
    1. Clear all old codes by holing button 1 and 3 on the mirror and hold until light flashes then release.

2. Push home link button and your hand held garage door remote at the same time (push homelink button that would be the same as your remote) until the home link button flashes slowly then rapidly. Then release both buttons at the same time.

3. Push the home link button (same one as step 2) and hold it until it flashes rapidly and then turns solid.

4. Go to your garage door opener that is mounted in the ceiling and find the learn button (usually on top right of lift master openers) and press the learn button just once.

5. Go back to your car, push the home link button from step 2 above and press for 2 seconds then release and repeat this and your garage door should open/close.

Let me know if this worked.

Good luck.

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    If you do not have a learn button, I think you can still use bridge kit, or you can use the kit that lets you open a close the door via an app, and your home wifi I have both. They are pretty easy to hook up I have done a couple for people takes maybe 10 minutes to do.

6. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    I got mine to work with 3 different gates.

Non of the gates have the rolling code, so I was able to just hold the existing remotes one by one next to the Homelink rear view mirror in the car to program each button.

If you need nay more help programming this type of way just message me and I'll upload the instructions.