My jealous neighbour lol | Page 5 | FerrariChat

My jealous neighbour lol

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Newman, Apr 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Humm..ferrari mechanics make far less the a Ford or GM mechanic on average. I know a few GM, Ford techs who own, or have owned Ferraris. Flat rate can really fill the wallet nicely if you are at the top of your game. Many would be surprised what a good tech can pull in. 3-4k a week in the busy months is not unusual..

2. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Good for you! I remember a few years back I was at a local car show. I had my 66 GT350 there and we came across a 69 Boss 302. I had previously spoke to the owner who seemed like a decent guy at a few other shows.

That night I asked him if I could take a picture of my 5 year old in his car. He said he would be to afraid of my son hurting his car. This car was a total driver car with a rip already in the seat. I was amazed at his reaction but was obviously respectful of his decision. I just hope this guy doesn’t wonder 10 years from now why so kids are not into cars (especially the 60s muscle cars).

Granted this guy doesn’t know this but my boy is the one who the local Ferrari dealership commented on how well behaved he is. To bad my son isn’t like that everywhere however. Around cars he completely understands that it is hands off and 5 feet away until told otherwise. Come to think of it to many adults need to know that as well.

3. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I know a bunch as well and they do not own Ferrari's. Who cares really? My observation vs yours + 50 cents nets you 50 cents total. Lol

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Most techs are smart enough to stay away from problem cars. Last thing a tech wants to do is go home and fiddle with another car at the end of the day. Keep that in mind.

MOSS likes this.
  5. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    Someone once told me " You don't have a time problem, you have a priority problem"
    The same people that complain about not "having" this or that, what ever it is you collect, boats, coins, stamps, guns, if you look at their shopping trolley, usually, not all, but usually, it's piled high with garbage food and soft drinks and cigarettes. Is it any wonder you don't get ahead.

ago car nut and turbo-joe like this.
  6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I'm not shy about letting ANYBODY sit in my Ferrari or Hot Rod! Young people really enjoy it, parents photo kids. Dad I got to sit in a Ferrari!