How much longer will Gasly last at Red Bull? Spoilers etc | Page 4 | FerrariChat

How much longer will Gasly last at Red Bull? Spoilers etc

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I don't think there is room at Racing Point(Perez brings $, Stroll brings ownership) and he would never go back to Williams in their current state.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep not easy for Bottas if he is dropped.

william likes this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It all dépends what package Mercedes would offer Racing Point with Bottas; it may be more interesting than just Mexican dollars.
    Some technical collaboration, assorted with an attractive deal on engines, who knows?
    But it's pure speculation on my part, I know.
    Lawrence Stroll and Szafnauer have indicated they want to develop the team beyond the low budget mode of Force India.
    I appreciate that Lance Stroll is a big obstacle to that !! Maybe his father will soon realise it ?

375+ likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    daytona355 and william like this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Bottas is like Ricciardo, and Verstappen; a multi-GP winner and among the top drivers on the grid. (Vettel, Raikkonen and Hamilton are the others, but already WDC)

That may attract one of the "lesser" teams to make him an offer to reinforce their drivers' strength, but he has a $7M price tag attached to his name at the moment.

375+ likes this.
  6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Don’t forget, we learnt earlier that bottles is a top five driver, when his contract comes up (every year, he’s that treasured by Mercedes) he must have Christian Horner and the rest all on the phone begging him to come and lead their teams.... hehehehehehe. Maybe marussia will make a comeback, and Daniil Kvyat needs a wingman!

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    The famed red bull junior product again...I've said it many times before, it's a complete failure. Besides Seb, Max and Ricci, the whole program is just destroying careers more than building careers.

As for Gasly, leave him alone, and don't rush him. He's doing fine.

daytona355 likes this.
  8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Sorry, but this isn’t Formula Snowflake, this is Formula 1. If Gasly didn’t think he could cut it in RB from day 1, he shouldn’t have taken the seat. He’s toast. End of.

AbarthDave1 and Bas like this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fully agree.

How many wouldn't even had a go for much of their junior career if it wasn't for Red Bull? Let alone make it to F1? Vast amount I reckon.

Red Bull pays for the lot. They like you? They sign you. But you better perform. You don't, you get sacked. Same with any other sponsor, really.

But no, Red Bull is the evil one....what utter ********

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Red Bull always promotes from within, so will it be Albon or Kvyat 2.0 that replaces Gasly next season?

He’s sucking major monkey d*ck imho, and leaving a lot of constructor points on the table.

subirg and Bas like this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #86 william, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    It's the pressure Marko puts on drivers on probation and the ruthles way they dismiss people that is shocking.
    Drivers are just commodities in the Red Bull empire, and are made to feel that way.
    Having said that, I wouldn't miss gasly one second; I think it was a mistake to promote him at RB.

12. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Errrrmm...Bottas is being flattered by the best organization and best car.

Bottas was signed by his former manager Toto Wolfe (conflict of interest ? Apparently not...)
    If Mercedes had instead signed Ricciardo he would be WDC by now.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    F1 is all about results, and results under pressure. Can't handle the pressure you're not ready for it.
    +1

stavura, daytona355 and P.Singhof like this.
  14. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Should have stopped right there.

The only current driver who is not a commodity is Stroll. (He is a liability)

DF1, subirg, stavura and 2 others like this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-says-gasly-is-out-of-excuses-for-poor-form/?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=talk_of_town

Red Bull advisor Dr Helmut Marko insists under-fire Pierre Gasly is out of excuses after a thorough check of the RB15 chassis.

The 23-year-old has been left behind by team-mate Max Verstappen in their first year together, and things hit a new low in Austria when he was lapped by the Dutchman.

The team responded to Gasly’s complaints and completed a thorough check of the chassis, but after finding no issues, Marko warned Gasly that the excuses now need to stop and he must improve.

“There was a bit of an excuse for Austria,” Marko told Motorsport-Total.com.

“We burned all the front wings in the practice sessions, so he didn’t have the same front wing as Max, but that doesn’t explain the gap.”

Marko confirmed that the team will support Gasly, but he has to stop blaming the chassis.

“It [the car] has to deliver now, but so does Gasly,” added Marko.

“He was always looking for issues with the car, in the chassis. We have looked through this. There was nothing.

“The plan now is to support him as much as possible. He gets Max’s set-up from the start, because he’s the more experienced driver and has the more experienced engineering team.

“He can mess around with it, but he can’t seriously move away from it – he was experimenting with his set-up before and jumping from one extreme to the other.”

Team principal Christian Horner knows that Austria was tough for Gasly and fears he is trying too hard.

“You could see he was quite emotional at the end of it because he’s got himself into a situation where the harder he’s trying, the slower he goes,” Horner said during a media event at Silverstone.

“We know what he’s capable of as a driver, which is a long way beyond what we’ve seen so far.”

Horner insists that their driver must switch off from the outside world and their criticism.

“Obviously there’s an awful lot of scrutiny on him at the moment, an awful lot of speculation about how long his future will be,” he said.

“But as a team he has our full support, we’re doing our best to work with him.

“(He should) not focus too much on the data and try to be perfect, and just drive the car and ignore his team-mate. That’s my advice to him.”

“Turn your phone off, don’t look at any of the social media and just drive the car.”

daytona355 likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Life is so much better when you can do that.

DF1 and kes7u like this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I can’t believe you have a phone William! Hahahahahahha

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't !! I gave it up when I retired 18 months ago, and I am so much better for it.

daytona355 likes this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I just can’t imagine you ‘tweeting’ and ‘poking’ on Facebook and the like, not quite how I imagine you would be hehe. I wish I didn’t need the damned phone so much.

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/144698/gasly-now-using-verstappen-setups--marko

Red Bull Formula 1 driver Pierre Gasly is now using Max Verstappen's set-ups as he bids to recover from his poor form over the first nine races of the season.

Gasly has scored only 43 points this season compared to his team-mate's 126 and finished a lapped seventh in the recent Austrian Grand Prix, which was won by Verstappen.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko has described Gasly's form as "not satisfactory" and explained that as part of the attempt to turn things around the 23-year-old is now not allowed to deviate significantly from Verstappen's set-up.

"Gasly has not yet met our expectations, we are now trying to help him," Marko told Autosport.

"We are now changing many things, adapting and helping him, but now Gasly has to deliver.

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Never used Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram.
    Gave up the smartphone; so no calls or sms.
    Only use email now, and only check it every day or two.
    But I Watch a lot of B&W films on Youtube.

daytona355 likes this.
  22. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    My guess is that they are getting ready to axe him , hence all the talk to the media . Can't say i am a fan of either Horner or Marko but i do believe replacing him would be the right move.

william and DF1 like this.
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 you are probably correct.

24. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    not halfway i think, they simply do not have a replacement.

william likes this.
  25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Good principles in this shallow world. I have no TV since March 2016. Starting tomorrow evening I embark on two weeks of holidays with zero internet & emails. My dream is to hike the Australian outback for a year while writing my big novel on paper, zero screen time....yes I know very much a pipe dream for now:)

william likes this.