Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 71 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I have no issue with the looks but am more concerned with the weight - but anyway that's not a problem because it's too expensive for me ;)

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #1753 REALZEUS, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    You keep repeating yourself, but that's factually erroneous. It's just 10 cm longer than the Pista (longer front overhang for aero purposes) and has the exact same wheelbase, while it is also narrower and lower. The proof of a car is not in the looks but on how it performs. I am willing to bet that it is a great track car. The Asseto Fiorano pack points towards a hard core, track focused car, not a GT.

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    jm2 likes this.
  7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here's my problem. Look how much stuff is going on with the rear of the SF90. Vents, outlets, vanes, diffusers, extrusions... everywhere. Now look at the LF. Less is more.

[​IMG]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

j09333 likes this.
  8. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Yes , it's evolution ;)

jpalmito likes this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Absolutely correct; you are paying less and getting more... :D

CRG125, j09333, C50 and 1 other person like this.
  10. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Curious which of the launch colours did you find most appealing or best suited the car? The lighting didn’t do the Giallo Triplo Strato car any justice.

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The only color that looked real under the lights was the red. The yellow looked washed out as did the Grigio Ferro.
    Best would be Grigio Coburn but without that 'arrow stripe' effect that the launch car had. Further that bit of yellow for effect was not a 'good' effect.
    my 2 cents anyway...
    Also body color for the roof as the black roof just accentuates the heavy look of the back half of the SF90!

12. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    And I love the rear view. Very purposeful and business like. You can’t just keep trotting out the same look ... sometimes you have to take chances, be a bit bold. For me it works ... strength vs elegance. What matters most, ultimately, is the performance. I suspect it will not disappoint. Many hate the new cockpit but again I love it, it’s a giant leap forward, and even though I’m a traditionalist when it comes to analog gauges, it just works for me. Good new for you is that there are so many options today and they are all brilliant performers. McLaren, Porsche, Lambo ... you can’t go wrong as they will all easily outperform any public road in the world. Find something that stirs your emotions. Find something that you enjoy driving slowly, that will paint a smile on your face just sitting at a stoplight. Channel that passion toward something you will love and stop wasting energy on what you don’t! For me, I’d take a GT4 because I like using my left foot too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You can also left foot brake...

skinguy23 and kandi like this.
  14. CT Audi Fan

Oct 23, 2011
    Nah not the same though ...

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Much more meaningful for car control.

16. CT Audi Fan

Oct 23, 2011
    I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a Luddite, and that a dual clutch is superior to a manual in every meaningful way. But I will always prefer three pedals. My opinion, of course, but it’s just more fun. Wouldn’t work in a modern Ferrari, I get that. But in a GT3 or GT4 or Spyder? No contest.

paulchua likes this.