ITS HERE!!!!! FERRARI MD-THE ONLY WAY TO DO A PPI | FerrariChat

ITS HERE!!!!! FERRARI MD-THE ONLY WAY TO DO A PPI

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Yellow Compass, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    #1 Yellow Compass, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Hi, Guys!!
    Would you cross a four-lane highway blindfolded?

Would you go swimming in shark infested waters?

Would you ever jump out of an airplane without a parachute?

If the answer to these questions is NO!!!!!!!!!, please read on………

A doctor who graduates medical school at the bottom of their class is still called doctor, but that doesn’t mean you would entrust your health to that person. Likewise; the PPI is a medical exam for your car. The person in charge should be an experienced professional with a strong reputation in the business. Don’t be in the dark when it comes to a PPI for a Ferrari that you may have waited for your whole life.

Yellow Compass Supercars is proud to announce a strategic alliance with three of the best Ferrari MASTER technicians in the United States all with a combined experience of over 90 years for our new venture called Ferrari MD. This is a new personalized service, whereby the master technician will come to where ever the car is housed and provide an on-site PPI. Very simply, here’s how it works, no matter who you are purchasing from be it Ferrari Chat, EBAY, Bring a Trailer, Cargurus or a private party we will arrange for you to have a professional and thorough PPI done on the Ferrari. When complete the master technician will reach out to you to provide the results as well as their report. When possible, the master technician will also conduct a live face-time call. Ferrari MD’s PPI service will provide you with the best knowledge available about the car and help you to feel comfortable in making an informed decision. At the end of the day, it may very well be the best money you ever spent to NOT buy a car.
    I Look forward to chatting with you :)
    Mike 973-610-7111

Tifosi Dude, anunakki, Wazmo and 6 others like this.
  2. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    I did this via Mike and it worked out well. Worth the money, especially since I was a first time buyer and I am a perfectionist.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. mnogj

mnogj Karting

Jun 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I listed my F430 with Mike at Yellow Compass to sell for me so I can get into a 458. Mike pulled through to find a buyer and then he scheduled a ppi to be done at my house with his Ferrari master tech. The tech arrived on time as promised, went through the car thoroughly (cosmetic/mechanical), and had a complete report for the buyer and myself the same day!
    I couldn’t be any happier with new Ferrari MD program Mike has implemented into his buying/selling regimen. Please do yourself a favor and call him when you find the dream car and before you shell out the money...

4. benelliwang

benelliwang Rookie

Feb 15, 2017
    Las Vegas
    Mike at Yellow Compass is great to work with. The Ferrari Master Tech was scheduled in 1 day and he did a PPI at the seller's residence. I received the full documentation with 52 detailed photos and a full PDF documentation. During the process, Mike kept in touch with 4 separate phone calls and offered to have me talk to the master tech. The documentation was so complete that I didn't see the need to contact the tech, lol. All in all, I received 5 stars service from both Mike and the master tech.

5. Garvin

Garvin Rookie

Jul 15, 2012
    Cambridgeshire
    I would support a PPI by experienced people. Having spent two years searching for a decent car I thought worth buying I had a full PPI undertaken and insisted on a leak down test and compression test. The overall inspection pulled up a number of issues none of which were a deal breaker but the engine tests showed significant problems with two cylinders. Needless to say I didn’t go ahead with the purchase - probably the best insurance premium I ever spent!

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Wow... alot of people with low posts responding...

jferrante, BOKE, dflett and 1 other person like this.
  7. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    :eek:low post people sheesh

Jaguar36 likes this.
  8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oh shoot, I answered yes to all 3, so I couldn't read on. :D

Mmckee, BOKE and tomc like this.
  9. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    My brothers , I always say trust but verify . I am here for you to strategize with and make the right decisions when it comes to getting your PPI done the CORRECT!! way . Let me help you ! :)
    Mike 973-610-7111

10. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  11. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Mike/Yellow Compass, does your Ferrari MASTER technician perform a compression;leakdown test on each of the twelve cylinders of a Ferrari berlinetta at the private seller's location? To me, given the critical importance of a would-be purchased Ferrari inspection is the condition of its engine, maybe a $25K-$40K expense to rebuild if not correct.

I could not agree more with your pitch that a PPI is critical in buying a pre-owned Ferrari, or any exotic/classic car. I've bought nine pre-owned Ferraris, eight of which were preceded by a thorough and professional PPI. The only one on which I skipped a PPI was my first, the 365GTC speciale #10581, bought in 1978 from Luigi Chinetti Sr (Chinetti International Motors) and I did a complete mechanical restoration/rebuild a year later - cost in 1979 dollars was $28,000., more than I paid for the car.

12. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Seth, YES Give me a call im happy to discuss further .

13. rt99

rt99 Rookie

Sep 13, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Richard Taddonio
    I can attest to Michael's helpfulness, he searched for a 458 for me, unfortunately none of the models he had for sale fit my parameters, however I was able to find one at a dealer where it was listed as sale pending. He happened to know the dealer and got the details for me, Michael stepped out of the deal and didn't take any compensation as I dealt with the dealer directly. Since the dealer was about 600 miles away from me I asked Mike if he could help with a PPI. He knew a Ferrari Master technician not too far away and connected me with him. The PPI was thorough, detailing any concerns with pictures, I am very happy with my purchase and I have to thank Michael for walking me through the process, his advice and guidance, and helping to arrange the transaction .. I would recommend MIchael wholeheartedly and suggest anyone to use him for a purchase, sale, or advice.

14. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Richard, Thanks for the very kind words!! My pleasure to assist you :)!!! Enjoy that beautiful Ferrari !!!

15. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  16. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  17. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  18. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Mike setup a PPI with Alfonso (Fonzie) from J. Scuderia Automotive in New Jersey for a 360 Spider I'm buying. He did a great job, found some things that maybe surprised the owner and as a result, I'll get a much better car with peace of mind. The cost was modest, service impeccable, and the value tremendous. Thanks Mike! Truly fabulous!

19. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    I have to say, I do like Fonzie. Even my local guy thought he did a good job on the scope of work he performed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Mike..I understand you are a sponsor..that's that great. But this thread reaks of desperation. Having people post about great experiance with a 1 or 2 post count smells of spam or paid reviews.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this thread is not helping your cause, its only leading to suspicion..the way I see it any way..

jferrante likes this.
  21. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    You're wrong. I'm certainly no paid poster. I have more than 1 or 2 posts and I've worked with Mike for the purchase of my car and getting the PPI through his MD service. I suggest you accept the fact that Mike does business a little differently than the average run of the mill broker and just move on.

If you're an outstanding tech with huge amounts of experience with Ferraris, maybe you could convince him to add you to his network of outstanding master techs.

22. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Tom , take a look at this thread I paid so much money for all these reviews I’m almost out of money LOL!!!
    You kill me brother :)
    Have a great weekend Tom
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/anyone-that-wants-to-buy-or-sell-a-ferrari-the-right-way.586271/

23. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    I will keep this for future reference.

When I was shopping for a 458 I hired a PPI company advertising online to do a PPI on a car for me. I received the $400 report and noticed a couple findings that were not consistent with my observations about the car. They reviewed their report and apologized, apparently they had copied some information from another car and copy/pasted in my report! Not very confidence building!

24. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  25. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area