488 - PISTA -- "BONC" & "CIZB" Option | FerrariChat

488 PISTA -- "BONC" & "CIZB" Option

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SECRET, Jul 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Does anyone out there have photos of this option on their Pista? Also, has anyone specced the CIZB trunk liner spec or has photos of it?

Cheers!

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Here is BONC (all carbon), courtesy of fchatter @Caeruleus11 - he sent me the pic because it was discussed at Tailor Made but I was not sure what it was. I did not proceed with it. Cheers!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tekaefixe and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    BONC is specific for coupè, see extract from personalization program

CIZB = carbon fibre boot covers. all the surrounding plastics of boot tank are in carbon instead of plastic (3.000 eur + tax)
    for my Spider I choose this option in matt carbon. It’s good because is matching the hood
    Geneva cars (2018); red without this option, silver with....see pictures below

There is another option CITR = carbon fibre boot tank
    In this case carbon replaces the moquette inside the tank. TM team didn’t recommend it because can be easily scratched by luggages.

of2worlds, SECRET and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Wow, thanks to both of you for the detailed feedback.

I just noticed that the BONC option also appears to remove the hydraulic struts in lieu of an old school “manual” metal stick prop!

5. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    while randomly checking on MyFerrari to see if any photos have arrived (none yet), i decided to stare at my options list for the 1000th time. however, this time, i noticed something that i didn't notice before:

FLAX - BANDIERINA ITA. LUNGA E SOT.

can anyone help to verify that this is the option code for the italian flag *badge* above the Ferrari word mark logo on next to the rear engine hood like the image below (i realize the picture is a Spider)?

i had previously seen this option code as "FLAG" and not "FLAX". i'm hoping this code isn't for the big italian flag painted STRIPE!

6. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Alright guys, well the Pista arrived, and I was convinced by the sales team back when I was researching this that I was confusing the BONC option code with the CEL2 code, which is called "engine covers" in carbon.

Turns out, they were wrong, and I was right. The BONC code is a pretty cool option that not many cars have - it changes the support structure for the Lexan engine "hood" or "bonnet" from a plastic molded one to a full carbon one. It also replaces the gas struts that hold it up with a old school hood hood prop, much like the older cars like the F40 have.

Finally found a Pista review video on YouTube showing what this is. Go to 3:20m in the link below to jump right to the part.

For those of you that still have your order in flight for a coupe, this was the *one* spec that got away for me. Should have gone with my gut! Anyway, hope this helps someone out there!

SVR likes this.
  7. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    I can also confirm that the above option "FLAX" is in fact the right one if you are looking for the thin italian flag badge above the "Ferrari" text badge near the hood/bonnet.

Cheers guys!