Las Vegas Concours in October at MacDonald Highlands | FerrariChat

Las Vegas Concours in October at MacDonald Highlands

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TeamF1Jr, Jul 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
  2. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  3. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    I’ll be there and I’ve heard the tickets are sold out. Didn’t want to flop down that kinda money for a 1st running so I’m into it for $100 general admission

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    For those who want to attend but do it on the cheap, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities still available from my understanding on multiple days. You don't have to do an all day thing either. You get a bunch of freebies: shirt, hat, meal, ticket to the concours and a free round at Dragon Ridge.

ToddMick likes this.
  5. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I was with all the people behind it last night for the volunteer meeting. There's going to be 15 100 point cars there and well over 100 total from all over the world. Tough job for the judges, of whom are the best there are. They're doing it first class from everything I can see. Some interesting twists too that Pebble Beach doesn't do. Something for everyone for sure. Not easing into this, they're looking to hit a grand slam out of the box for the inaugural event.

6. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    This is awesome! Vegas really needs more quality car stuff. So excited to check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I might stop by to check it out. Going to be a busy week.

8. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Word on the street is 3000 $100 tickets sold so far. Hearing that 2nd hand so take it for what it's worth.

9. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    Wow! Still, as long as you aren’t packed in like sardines. As nice as the Pebble Beach Concourse is - that part is crappy.

10. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I saw what's in store for those attending tomorrow. You won't be disappointed. If you're there for the Ferrari's only, there won't be a ton to see, but what's there is nothing to sneeze at. I won't spoil it as I have photos already, but expect a few in the $2.5 million range to $4.5 million range in terms of level of Ferrari.

Of course more than a few cars I've never seen before, even online. 1 of 1 type stuff. I met a lot of owners today and they couldn't have been nicer. You see a guy in dirty jeans and a t-shirt, you talk with him and find out he has 3 cars there worth several million dollars. Very down to earth crowd, was just as impressed with the people as the cars. I met someone today that in all my life have I've met a person that knows so much about cars. Walking encyclopedia of cars to a level I've never experienced. This is the type of crowd that comes to these apparently (my first concours at this level) Worth talking to these owners, quite an interesting bunch.

On a sad note, I didn't see it, but one car was damaged coming off the trailer and wont' be in the show. I guess the damage wasn't that bad, but at this rarity level a little damage could be $300k fix.

Hope you guys go, you'll enjoy it.

ToddMick likes this.
  11. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    This is really good info and I’m really excited to experience it tomorrow! My wife is a HUGE Clive Cussler and is now wishing that she could go as it appears he will be there with some of his cars.

This will be my 3rd Concourse and glad to be able to drive my Cali to it. Much better than taking a plane, then, rental car.

Thanks for sharing!!

ryalex likes this.
  12. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    The concours was top notch - even better when you take into account that it was the inaugural. The owners/exhibitors were easy to talk with and share knowledge about their cars.

Being a diehard MB fan, I had a blast talking with Lee Brown about his MB 300SL. Love that he put a boat radio in his car, too and you would not know unless you were looking for it.

[​IMG]

Around 3-5 Ferraris out and have a video of a 71 Daytona starting during judging. Will post pictures soon.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Any more photos?

BOKE likes this.
  14. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I have a bunch, I'll post them up tonight or tomorrow.

ToddMick and ryalex like this.
  15. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thanks, eager to see them. Wish we had been out there this week. We used to own dirt in Dragon Ridge.

ToddMick likes this.
  16. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    I’ll get some up shortly too. Flu took me out for a few days.

17. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
  18. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    How many cars were actually there???

19. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    130 or so. I have a bunch more pictures. I'll get them all up with time.

BOKE likes this.
  20. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    As far as known car world people there. Bob Varsha, Barry McGuire and Keith Martin. Bob was super nice and by himself. Had a ten minute F1 conversation with him couldn't have been nicer. Barry is a super nice guy as well, the real deal. Couldn't' get close to Keith Martin, someone always talking to him.

21. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    Have you heard any rumblings about doing another one next year? I can only assume so but I know they can be EXPENSIVE so if you don't get the sponsors.