Help 458 USB to HDD | FerrariChat

Help 458 USB to HDD

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Kris Dem, Jul 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kris Dem

Kris Dem Rookie

May 19, 2019
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Hello guys, recently bought this beauty and enjoying it fully !
    However i have a question which will bring even more joy - how i can fill up the HDD with the USB socket ? I plug a USB finger with 8GB of MP3 but it doesn't work... i sellect HDD, import files - nothing can you help me Out ?
    I will also buy an adapter for my iphone to be anle to plug to the ipod connector...

Cheers
    Kris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

rob5819 likes this.
  2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. thebigo

thebigo Karting

Feb 10, 2019
    Your USB stick must be filled with MP3 files in the root directory. Only these will be imported.

Kris Dem likes this.
  4. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    My 2014 worked the other way, music had to be in a sub-directory to copy from USB to hard drive. What was interesting, was that it would also import the sub-directory name as a playlist.

5. Kris Dem

Kris Dem Rookie

May 19, 2019
    Sofia, Bulgaria
  6. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I tried importing mine as subdirectories and nothing showed up (even though it took a couple hours and acted like it imported everything).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. heantay

heantay Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Hi All,
    Just got my Spider and did exactly what everyone else did, ie import mp3 files from a thumb drive into the hard disk. Nothing loaded even though it took time loading in.
    So I went back to my computer and converted all my .mp3 files to .wma files. Reloaded this into the hard disk and viola! I'm now playing all the music which I downloaded.
    So looks like the manual is wrong, the mp3 files however can he played off CDs which you insert into the disc changer though.
    Give it a try guys!

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  8. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    mp3s worked for me. 2013 Italia.

9. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I’m going to mix it up a bit and try both on the same usb. Did everyone only have success with the songs at the root directory level (no folders?)

10. Kris Dem

Kris Dem Rookie

May 19, 2019
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    i just bought a 30pin to lightning cable for my iphone XS and now i enjoy streaming spotify , also i find the sound quality much better than the FM radio

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  11. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    So I tried using different types of encoding and bit rates, all saved at the root level on my usb stick (no folders). After import I still did not see any songs available. After *not* throwing the usb stick across the garage, I decided to just try every option in the HDD menu list. When I finally got down to viewing Playlists, all my music was there. Everything I had loaded from the very first try plus all the more recent stuff! This interface and functionality is terrible but it does apparently work! Better instructions (or at least some instructions) would have helped immensely. Only issue now is that the “playlists” is actually just the list of music by artist, which is okay. If you create a new playlist it just adds it to the list, making it hard to find. But at least it works!

12. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    You should be able to create new playlists and add/delete songs from playlists. I was able modify my playlists after I copied them to the hard drive and then create a couple of new ones. It gets a little tedious after while.