How to Program Homelink for the 458 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How to Program Homelink for the 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 2k7997tt, Jan 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If you cannot get it to work then try this. I have a tiny garage remote on my key ring that I have used with many cars. That way the wireless capability that allows entry into the home stays with me when I exit the car. Far too great a risk since the process to learn the over the air code is available everywhere. When I pull up to my garage, I park outside one of the doors sometimes to just admire it from outside versus inside. Later, I hit the remote and pull in. Of course this is not what you want in rain or snow but most don't drive Ferraris in those conditions.

2. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I just programmed my 458 for my garage’s old Genie openers. Used same process and it worked great.

I also tried to program our gate remote but cannot get it to work. Works on my other car (‘17 BMW) but does not work on my wife’s (also a ‘17 BMW). I gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Gonzales25 likes this.
  3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Mine works fine on my 2012 458 spider. But l do have to hold the button down a couple of seconds longer than on the Audis.

4. DougDish

DougDish Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    This strategy worked for me today. The bridge is still $25 on Amazon and the setup was about two minutes, including getting the step stool to plug the bridge into the outlet where the opener is plugged.

Note, the bridge does not have a security screw so I tied a tether from the antenna wire to the opener mount, just in case.

Thank you.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Doug

Need4Spd likes this.